Black African Faction

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not saying that I am against having an African based faction. I just always get up in arms about the whole modern PC culture we live in. Like the idea of it doesn't have something, it means that it is racist or misogynist, or whatever floats people's boats these days. If the developers had put it in the game, I wouldn't have minded it at all, but I hate the idea of forcing things just because it is some kind of modern sensibility.
I wanted them to be put in for unique units and a theme :sad: i dont care about politics i just want people to be able to see and experience my culture. See a side of Africa prior to the colonization and slavery

ah so you are one of those guys changing what other people said... i said mostly, not just, if you actually pay attention maybe you understand the message for what it is
Where did I change what you said? My oh my, did you even read what I posted? I quoted myself when talking with another user, which I literally just stated to you in the previous reply.

10/10 for reading comprehension, we're done here.

I thought we already established that Bannerlord's setting is in Europe from 600 to 1100 A.D?

Now we just have to see which MAJOR faction exist in Europe during that specific period. Arguing about whether black people exist during that period is pointless. Of course they do, but where?

With all the people in here, surely someone can give some clear info and source on that?

Now, whether they exist in Europe, I'm all for adding African factions to the game, but as a DLC, like Viking's Conquest in Warband.
Currently, there're no place on the map where you could add an African faction in logically. The desert to the east of the map looks like it's leading to Asia, which will probably be used for Mongol Invasion, which is around 1200 A.D
The arms and armour are most definitely not 600-1100. Not even remotely. Not one single faction is historically accurate for any time period where they all existed together. They have improved the tech of some factions. Celts & Vikings. Downgraded the tech of others. There's no cannons or basic firearms which existed at the same time as heavy plate. Lamellar armour is mostly fantasy unless you go back to something like ancient Persia. Leather armour is fantasy There really is no valid argument for historicity when we have so many anachronisms.

The map is big enough..
4CC49480C670DFB813646419BC31AD33AF28287A

"Yes, that I agree with but saying it's just about warfare isn't exactly true. It's about warfare and trade, generational gameplay and Kingdom Management, etc. The list of core features goes on to include more than just fighting wars. Not that I'm against that for the game anyways :razz: "

Where did I change what you said? My oh my, did you even read what I posted? I quoted myself when talking with another user, which I literally just stated to you in the previous reply.

just =/= mostly, also "we're done here" sounds utterly ridiculous.

I wanted them to be put in for unique units and a theme :sad: i dont care about politics i just want people to be able to see and experience my culture. See a side of Africa prior to the colonization and slavery
Slavery has always been a thing in Africa and hell even the world its not a thing that was invented in the 1700s

If i was around for warband i would have wanted an african faction in that game too. Also it inherently is a racist issue when the topic is the denial of African presence in history. Im not saying you are racist but there definitely are racists here.
In case you didnt notice, Bannerlord is a video game, not history. You made an account simply to start a topic where you bring in racism?

Im saying that if you are a medieval power, be it in asia, africa, or europe, you should be in the game, because it is entirely fictional.

Right, but your argument is that it should be in the game, but why does it have to be in the game? It doesn't have to be in the game.

I can understand you saying that you would like for it to be in the game because you are interested in it. However, your premise from the beginning seemed to be that it has to be in it because African cultures, etc. are underrepresented or that there is something wrong with the fact that it isn't in the game.

Again, it boils down to what people are interested in. Most of the players are interested more in European factions and the company itself is from Turkey so you can see why the factions that are in the game, are in it. There is no crime committed here by them doing it this way.

More factions are great, I would prefer a different faction than an African one. However, I wouldn't mind any faction that they added. Personally, I would love a more viking faction than the Sturgians. I would also love a Japanese themed faction, but that definitely isn't happening.

"Yes, that I agree with but saying it's just about warfare isn't exactly true. It's about warfare and trade, generational gameplay and Kingdom Management, etc. The list of core features goes on to include more than just fighting wars. Not that I'm against that for the game anyways :razz: "

just =/= mostly, also "we're done here" sounds utterly ridiculous.
Bro i just wanted some cool **** in the game what happened

just =/= mostly

Ahh thank you, you even quoted me so I don't have to go back and requote myself for you to understand.

Oh, so you're one of those guys. Ok, here a quote I impart unto thee from a conversation with another user:
SpectreSC said:

Here let's analyze that in real-time.

here a quote
from a conversation with another user:

Thanks for tuning in, and again we're done here. :smile:

I wouldn't mind an African empire mod. Get all of them in there, Zulu analogues, Somali analogues, Malian, Ethiopian, Egyptian, Carthaginian, Moorish, you name it. there's plenty of material. Ditto for India.

Right, but your argument is that it should be in the game, but why does it have to be in the game? It doesn't have to be in the game.

I can understand you saying that you would like for it to be in the game because you are interested in it. However, your premise from the beginning seemed to be that it has to be in it because African cultures, etc. are underrepresented or that there is something wrong with the fact that it isn't in the game.

Again, it boils down to what people are interested in. Most of the players are interested more in European factions and the company itself is from Turkey so you can see why the factions that are in the game, are in it. There is no crime committed here by them doing it this way.

More factions are great, I would prefer a different faction than an African one. However, I wouldn't mind any faction that they added. Personally, I would love a more viking faction than the Sturgians. I would also love a Japanese themed faction, but that definitely isn't happening.
Yes. It makes me sad that people do not care to look into african culture. I do not want them in the game for representation but rather for a really powerful nation with unique elements and traits

The game isn't just about war between factions, though, now is it? If that were the case... why do we have trade? Tournaments? Dueling? Gangs? Caravan Running and Hideout Raids, raising kids and managing a clan? Hmm... I don't know man, that doesn't seem like just a focus on war between factions to me.
just is still different from mostly, and "we're done here" still sounds absolutely silly and ridiculous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom