[B1.1.0] weapon balance feedback

Users who are viewing this thread

Wasn't this thread about weapon balance?

Anyway, polearms on horseback are extremely strong right now. I think swing angles from horseback should be fixed for 1h and 2h weapons to be more, or just as, intuitive as the polearm swing angles. It'd be a small change, but it's definitely something that affects a lot of players and makes them turn to the polearm as it has a much more intuitive swing arc than the weirdly upwards-facing 1h/2h ones.

Oh god lets not advocate for bows being as strong as thrown weapons... fresh campaign on 2/3rds player damage in asari tournament and its just 1 shot, 1 shot 1 shot with javelins/harpoons... just no.

Anyway, polearms on horseback are extremely strong right now. I think swing angles from horseback should be fixed for 1h and 2h weapons to be more, or just as, intuitive as the polearm swing angles. It'd be a small change, but it's definitely something that affects a lot of players and makes them turn to the polearm as it has a much more intuitive swing arc than the weirdly upwards-facing 1h/2h ones.
Swinging polearms on horseback needs to be removed, as does swinging most 2h. Above a certain length and weight you were not going to be able to swing and recover from it.

Only couching and stabbing should be allowed with polearms and 2h, which means no more ludicrous executioner axe on horseback.

Swinging polearms on horseback needs to be removed, as does swinging most 2h. Above a certain length and weight you were not going to be able to swing and recover from it.

Only couching and stabbing should be allowed with polearms and 2h, which means no more ludicrous executioner axe on horseback.

Agreed, it's pure fiction swinging a giant spear on horseback without losing your balance.

Weapons imbalance is another slightly different issue than that.

I think it would be nice if all 2H weapons except the 1H pole arm, which is a piercing-only weapon, had a riding limit and were available for horse skills. If you combine all of your bow/crossbow riding permissions into one skill, you'll have more skill space.

Last edited:
It's quite lively, isn't it?

By the way, I rarely use a 1H blunt instrument, does anyone have an opinion on this?
I have seen comments that blunt weapon are useless in my home community.:xf-tongue:
Blunt weapons aren't useless, but they take skill to use well. They're short and slow, which seem like pretty fatal distadvantages but in close quarters, short can be good and slowness is countered by the fact that Blunt damage ignores at least some armor, not as good as Piercing but better than Cuts.

I agree with this, I ride through the enemy and give him a haircut every time unless I aim my swing very carefully, and I'm often doing 2-3 things at once and just can't.

The swing animation for swords and 2h weapons needs to be angled about 15 degrees down so that a neutrally positioned rider brings the tip of the sword to head level on an ordinary swing. I can stand missing due to lack of skill because I am unskilled, but I go through some battles wondering if my sword's collision physics are broken because I'm still used to Warband swing mechanics which actually did what I'm talking about.

I agree that what we have right now is ridiculous. Glaives are really OP, to the point that I've started to avoid them

Last edited:
Battles end way too quickly in this game even with the combat AI severely toned down. Should really consider 3x the current hp of units and add in legendary unique equipment which still allows the player and other lords/kings to still one shot units. Lords, companions, and kings are chumps in the game, with most having the same battlefield impact of a tier 4-5 unit.

• half seems a bit excessive as the length would help deal more damage, maybe a 15/20% less.
  • dont' know where this comes from since the noble bow (30k gold i think) can easily be outperformed by 300 gold harpoons (2 shots vs 1 shot)
  • shields are too buff, i agree.
Harpoons are actually pretty expensive now. They weirdly outperform all other throwing weapons why a wide margin though

Blunt weapons aren't useless, but they take skill to use well. They're short and slow, which seem like pretty fatal distadvantages but in close quarters, short can be good and slowness is countered by the fact that Blunt damage ignores at least some armor, not as good as Piercing but better than Cuts.
In my experience, I equipped myself and all my companions with cheap maces early and in close quarters they wreck hard. most of them are actually really fast and the length is a great benefit because you get less weapons bouncing due to your allies hitting each other. Cleared a few 20 man hideouts with crappy armor and 200g maces + shield no problem

Battles end way too quickly in this game even with the combat AI severely toned down. Should really consider 3x the current hp of units and add in legendary unique equipment which still allows the player and other lords/kings to still one shot units. Lords, companions, and kings are chumps in the game, with most having the same battlefield impact of a tier 4-5 unit.
It's not the health that's a problem, its the armor and how damage is calculated through it. Heavily armor units fall just as fast as recruits in most melee fights.

It's not the health that's a problem, its the armor and how damage is calculated through it. Heavily armor units fall just as fast as recruits in most melee fights.

I don't see any heavy plate armor in the game so far that would negate 95%+ damage. The current armor seems to be doing it's job decreasing damage by 70%+ sometimes. Units just do too much damage relative to HP, and there's no stamina so they keep hacking away at max speed and strength throughout a fight.

You're lying, nobody can see your fake defending posts because you deleted the thread. I have 3 separate screenshots of it on my phone including one that says "Oops! We ran into some problems. The requested thread could not be found", with your name and rant right under it. I also have it on my google notes. That's all going to the support team and community managers. :lol: :party:

where they at doe?

I found these videos recently.

Maybe we could nerf the length but keep other stats.

P/S: source

Yeah swinging polearms on horseback is very much viable, it is difficult though and the weapon needs to have some balance to it or be shorter. You cant swing a 9 foot glaive on a horse without choking up on the handle to provide some counterweight. Horses are pretty easy to hang onto with some experience, and balance isnt a major issue to an apt rider

Yeah swinging polearms on horseback is very much viable, it is difficult though and the weapon needs to have some balance to it or be shorter. You cant swing a 9 foot glaive on a horse without choking up on the handle to provide some counterweight. Horses are pretty easy to hang onto with some experience, and balance isnt a major issue to an apt rider

Yep glaive (guandao or yanyuedao) on horseback was quite common in Asia (mostly China, Korea). One thing is that it had different construction then European one. It was nicely balanced and mostly used to disarm opponent or block his attacks. European glaive was more heavy and less balanced. It would be harder to use on horseback but not impossible (poor choice if they catch You in close combat).

I can see it being realistic in game if it was certain polearms and the grip and reach were shortened. No executioner axes, voulges or glaives though, they're too heavy for effective use.

We do have that polearm in top video but we don't exactly use it that way. Its reach is insane and it shouldn't be.

Polearms with heavy dmg/reach should be unusable on horseback, if they're more balanced they should have reduced reach or damage or a combination of both to be able to be used on horseback.

Back
Top Bottom