Bannerlord: Tabula Rasa (OOC)

Users who are viewing this thread

Here it is! Mind that the first few pages may be confusing as one player ragequit and removed his posts. SAD!

I love that post, I love how our characters are starting at the bottom rather than at the top. In the previous one I started out as a wealthy and aging nobleman. Anyways when two characters meet we usually keep our posts much shorter, giving the the other player a chance to play along. It's perfectly fine to take control of someone's character for just a few words or so. If it's more intense you can always ask, discuss or collaborate. I once gave Yulgar permission to give my character a good beating because he was saying some racist stuff. :p

This is a real good trip down nostalgia lane by the way and I hope more people join soon.

Looking at you Mustang.

Yeah, I'm a big fan of either shorter posts when you are doing interactions (e.g,. you don't need to write a paragraph for your character to say, "Yes, I agree, let's do that."). My experience thus far is that it's always better to just post (even if it isn't perfect or even very long), so I'm always in favor of "just post, even if it's just to a one sentence action post".

Another option for longer and more difficult posts is to use PMs or Google Docs (or something similar) to work on collaborative posts (the only issue with this approach is that it's easy for two or more people collaborating to get stuck and leaving everyone else waiting forever with no idea where things are).

And as Lord Tim said, it's totally fine to ask other people what their character would do or say in an interaction, just depends on approval from the player of said character.

What I was aiming for with Owain is that he'd be recruited into Captain Doro's band, if that wasn't clear enough, but I don't really want to write myself into a situation where I would have to write conversation/actions for Ulf's character, though there will hopefully be moments of interaction between them.

Yeah, totally figured that was your plan. I'm aiming to get up another post in the next couple of days, where Captain Doro heads to the jail after convincing the mayor (can't remember what title the non-noble head of the town is) or whoever is logically in charge of the jail permission to recruit some criminals for his merry band.

Last edited:
... where Captain Doro heads to the jail after convincing the mayor (can't remember what title the non-noble head of the town is) or whoever is logically in charge of the jail permission to recruit some criminals for his merry band.

In previous titles this would've been a town seneschal, but I haven't encountered one in Bannerlord (but I haven't played that much yet either). I guess some guild masters, land owners or merchants could have enough influence to get things done. A more historical approach away from the game could be to direct yourself to the members of the town's tribunal. Most towns in medieval times had more independence than the countryside and often had a tribunal or judicial system of some sort to deal with matters. On the countryside you had travelling judges enforcing the king's law.

Have at it! Just throw a CS here based on the template posted on the first page (doesn't have to be super long) and as long as nothing looks crazy, you'll be good to post in no time.

Name: Alysandir dey Marlevylle

Faction of Birth: Born with the Aserai but to travelling Vlandians

Allegiance: Originally his family, then Vlandia, but now to whoever pays his fees

Experience: About average for a veteran soldier, but willing to learn

Feudal Rank: Commoner

Appearance: He appears less the Vlandian he was born and more like the Aserai he grew up with. His hair is of sun-bleached brown and worn long in a straight tail which has been wrapped in a leather bind. He also has a full beard and twisted moustache but has his chin clean-shaven. He is fit and healthy but a little underfed. As he is not a large man he trusts to his sleight build when in the fight. His eyes are dark brown and lined from squinting in the southland sun.

Personality: Loves the company of good friends and beautiful women, and enjoys the drinking of wine over beer (happy to drink both in excess, though). Patient to a degree, he would still prefer to devote himself to the task in hand and get it over and done with. The sooner the task is done, the sooner it is out of mind and he can enjoy himself. Generally, he is warm and charitable to his peers as being troublesome just makes things unnecessarily difficult.

Talents: Experienced in the use of the shield and spear. Trading of medicines has given him a little knowledge of their use in leechcraft.

(Languages, if needed. Speaks the Galendi dialect of Vlandia like a native, not fluent but conversational in some of the majority dialects of the coastal towns of the western Aserai and Calradians. Can only read and write in Calradic as it is the common tongue for trade in the region.)

Biography: Alysandir was born in the suburbs of Sanala to Vlandian merchants, their second son but third and youngest child. Their occupation was the trading of herbs and spices which they purchased in the coastal towns of the inland sea. They then transported them to be sold to apothecaries or to the lords, ladies, and others with exotic tastes who could be found in the metropolises of the Empire.

Each morning, when left to his own devices, he would wander down to the docks or markets of whichever town they were in and watch the people go about their business. Lambegus, a companion and bodyguard of theirs, accompanied him, becoming his idol and mentor, telling and retelling tales of his experiences in the mercenary armies of Vlandia. With Guerrehet, his older brother, in line to take over the 'dey Marlevylle' family business from their father and Etardde, his sister, to be married into a merchant family from Vostrum, Alysandir spent most of his time with Lambegus, learning the martial traits and arts of the former soldier, even becoming his assistant whenever any issues arose that needed to be sorted through more vigorous means.

When his father ultimately passed away, his brother took his place as head of the family. With Lambegus still doing a grand job of seeing to the protection of the business, Alysandir decided to take the time to travel to Galend and visit his parents’ place of birth and his cousins there. Unfortunately, this was in the months leading up to 1077 and as such he found himself being levied into the Vlandian armies as they marched against the Calradic Empire.

At the beginning of the decade, with no money to his name and stuck in Seonon, he declared himself willing to be hired as a guard of some form. With the prevalence of looters during those times, he was quickly employed by a recently robbed travelling merchant who dealt in valuable commodities, in this case intaglios and cameos, etc., and such was his wont for exercising in public with his fellow colleagues that Alysandir soon had nothing to do for no thief went near the place again.

The Devil and idle hands. It was not long before Alysandir found his on Ffion, his master’s sister. It was a happy affair while it lasted but they were soon caught during the heat of the day whilst staying in Pravend, resulting in him being turned out and Ffion put away.

With hopes of eloping he stayed about the town but, after a few weeks, saw his former lover with her new husband as they walked about the market place. It was obvious to him that it was an arranged marriage and not one of love. Still, after talking to a friendly maidservant and an old colleague and even Ffion herself, he found that there was a level of respect between the new husband and Ffion that he could not fault. So, for the sake of her modesty and reputation and to possibly douse his own jealousy and take his mind off her, he decided that his best bet was to return to travelling. Heading back south and east, he now seeks word of his brother and the business in one of the Western Empire's coastal towns.

Equipment:
Worn (clothing/armor): Loose grey-brown trousers, a white tunic held by a simple leather waist-belt, a dagged burgundy red cloak buttoned over the right shoulder, and a white round flat-topped woollen hat. The red and white clothing have patterned embroidery facing of the opposing colour. All are faded and slightly frayed.

Weapons (melee weapons, shields and ranged weapons): A knife hung from the waist-belt, and a relatively slender but stiff one-handed sword hung from a baldric.

Mount: He currently has no mount

Miscellaneous (anything else): Has a satchel with blankets, a flask of wine, bread and cheese, some cooking utensils, and monies. Had to abandon his spear and shield as well as his helmet and mail shirt when he lost his job.

Last edited:
Come on Ulf, approve this guy so he can post!

At one hand I'm annoyed by how slow we're moving already. But then I have to recall that I was a teenager 10 years ago, bored at school and with too much time on my hands. Now I have a full-time job and a girlfriend with whom I share a house. The lot of you are probably on the same boat. Oh precious youth...

Come on Ulf, approve this guy so he can post!

You can't rush perfection, I hand draw each of these stamps using my laptop touchpad.

At one hand I'm annoyed by how slow we're moving already. But then I have to recall that I was a teenager 10 years ago, bored at school and with too much time on my hands. Now I have a full-time job and a girlfriend with whom I share a house. The lot of you are probably on the same boat. Oh precious youth...

Ha, yeah, partner work/research = lol what is free time?

Name: Alysandir dey Marlevylle

Faction of Birth: Born with the Aserai but to travelling Vlandians

Allegiance: Originally his family, then Vlandia, but now to whoever pays his fees

Experience: About average for a veteran soldier, but willing to learn

Appearance: He appears less the Vlandian he was born and more like the Aserai he grew up with. His hair is of sun-bleached brown and worn long in a straight tail which has been wrapped in a leather bind. He also has a full beard and twisted moustache but has his chin clean-shaven. He is fit and healthy but a little underfed. As he is not a large man he trusts to his sleight build when in the fight. His eyes are dark brown and lined from squinting in the southland sun.

Personality: Loves the company of good friends and beautiful women, and enjoys the drinking of wine over beer (happy to drink both in excess, though). Patient to a degree, he would still prefer to devote himself to the task in hand and get it over and done with. The sooner the task is done, the sooner it is out of mind and he can enjoy himself. Generally, he is warm and charitable to his peers as being troublesome just makes things unnecessarily difficult.

Talents: Experienced in the use of the shield and spear. Trading of medicines has given him a little knowledge of their use in leechcraft.

(Languages, if needed. Speaks the Galendi dialect of Vlandia like a native, not fluent but conversational in some of the majority dialects of the coastal towns of the western Aserai and Calradians. Can only read and write in Calradic as it is the common tongue for trade in the region.)

Biography: Alysandir was born in the suburbs of Sanala to Vlandian merchants, their second son but third and youngest child. Their occupation was the trading of herbs and spices which they purchased in the coastal towns of the inland sea. They then transported them to be sold to apothecaries or to the lords, ladies, and others with exotic tastes who could be found in the metropolises of the Empire.

Each morning, when left to his own devices, he would wander down to the docks or markets of whichever town they were in and watch the people go about their business. Lambegus, a companion and bodyguard of theirs, accompanied him, becoming his idol and mentor, telling and retelling tales of his experiences in the mercenary armies of Vlandia. With Guerrehet, his older brother, in line to take over the 'dey Marlevylle' family business from their father and Etardde, his sister, to be married into a merchant family from Vostrum, Alysandir spent most of his time with Lambegus, learning the martial traits and arts of the former soldier, even becoming his assistant whenever any issues arose that needed to be sorted through more vigorous means.

When his father ultimately passed away, his brother took his place as head of the family. With Lambegus still doing a grand job of seeing to the protection of the business, Alysandir decided to take the time to travel to Galend and visit his parents’ place of birth and his cousins there. Unfortunately, this was in the months leading up to 1077 and as such he found himself being levied into the Vlandian armies as they marched against the Calradic Empire.

At the beginning of the decade, with no money to his name and stuck in Seonon, he declared himself willing to be hired as a guard of some form. With the prevalence of looters during those times, he was quickly employed by a recently robbed travelling merchant who dealt in valuable commodities, in this case intaglios and cameos, etc., and such was his wont for exercising in public with his fellow colleagues that Alysandir soon had nothing to do for no thief went near the place again.

The Devil and idle hands. It was not long before Alysandir found his on Ffion, his master’s sister. It was a happy affair while it lasted but they were soon caught during the heat of the day whilst staying in Pravend, resulting in him being turned out and Ffion put away.

With hopes of eloping he stayed about the town but, after a few weeks, saw his former lover with her new husband as they walked about the market place. It was obvious to him that it was an arranged marriage and not one of love. Still, after talking to a friendly maidservant and an old colleague and even Ffion herself, he found that there was a level of respect between the new husband and Ffion that he could not fault. So, for the sake of her modesty and reputation and to possibly douse his own jealousy and take his mind off her, he decided that his best bet was to return to travelling. Heading back south and east, he now seeks word of his brother and the business in one of the Western Empire's coastal towns.

Equipment:
Worn (clothing/armor): Loose grey-brown trousers, a white tunic held by a simple leather waist-belt, a dagged burgundy red cloak buttoned over the right shoulder, and a white round flat-topped woollen hat. The red and white clothing have patterned embroidery facing of the opposing colour. All are faded and slightly frayed.

Weapons (melee weapons, shields and ranged weapons): A knife hung from the waist-belt, and a relatively slender but stiff one-handed sword hung from a baldric.

Mount: He currently has no mount

Miscellaneous (anything else): Has a satchel with blankets, a flask of wine, bread and cheese, some cooking utensils, and monies. Had to abandon his spear and shield as well as his helmet and mail shirt when he lost his job.

2osJIhw.png

Looks great, welcome to the RP!

Last edited:
I'll dig into the wiki to acquient myself with the new story and factions, then wade in with a character proposal and join you gents once again :grin:

Hope this bodes well. It's been a decade since my last bout of creative writing, so I beg your forgiveness whilst I get rid of all the cobwebs. Gods, it's good to be back :smile:

Name: Johnan
Faction of Birth: Western Empire.

Allegiance: Loyal to the Skolderbrotva, even if not a full member, and sympathetic/friendly to a number of small mercenary companies. No strong political leanings.

Experience: Certainly not green, though equally no military veteran. Can handle himself.

Feudal Rank: Commoner / craftsman.

Appearance: Standard build and standing at 5ft10, with a shaven head and bristling red-brown beard, sporting long moustaches and a grin that creases his face. Wears a thick leather apron over sturdy boots, baggy Sturgian trousers and a soot-stained shirt, the sleeves rolled up to reveal forearms dotted with small scars and tattoos. Has a large and heavy leather-satchel and tool-wrap strapped over his back or on a pony when wandering.

Personality:Cheerful, professional and enjoys any chance to heartily complain how overworked, underpaid and unappreciated he is by those around him. Thoroughly enjoys sweating through a day's labour and resting through evening's cool with a pint of mulled mead or hot cider.

Talents: Capable blacksmith, whose worked in more than a few mercenary supply trains. Can handle himself in a fight, and has take up an axe, spear, crossbow and whatever else was close by during trouble in the past, and has received some instruction from various sellswords he's worked beside. That being said, he is no palatine guard.

Also a competent cook, and able to make a passable meal from whatever is left at the end of a campaign.

Biography: Johnan has been swinging a hammer since he could reach the anvil, and before that he was pumping bellows, fetching charcoal, making tea and every other of the many tasks that keep a city smithy functioning. Seeking better wages and some sense of adventure, the Imperial youth packed up his toolroll and left Lageta at the age of 18.

He spent the next decade falling in with various mercenary companies, repairing and producing the countless small components in metal that keep an army in good nick. His fondest memories are of serving with the Skolderbrotva, though never a full member (probably a good thing, considering their strict codes and Johnan's relatively free-spirit).

Equipment:

Worn (clothing/armor): Wears a thick leather apron over sturdy boots, baggy Sturgian trousers and a soot-stained shirt, the sleeves rolled up. A few belts holding tools, pouches and the like. Has some experience wearing lamellar, but sold his two seasons ago and has yet to make another.

Weapons: various hammers, though he carries a long-knife against his thigh and keeps a 40 inch flanged mace of his own manufacture about.

Mount: Occasionally uses a pony to carry equipment or pull a small cart, when following the mercenary companies out on campaign.

How did I miss this for a week? The first RP thread in years!

Alright, I'll bring a lance of troops (7), methinks. Young nobleman squire, Vlandian, with a old vet to hold his hand so he doesn't end up shanked too bad.

Name: Keith dey Horthgard
Faction of Birth: Vlandia
Allegiance: None nominally, but of Clan Horthgard, who is a supporter of dey Tihr
Experience: Green but well trained.
Feudal Rank: Minor nobility, but practically a nobody.
Appearance: A young Vlandian lad of solid stock, just starting to grow into full adulthood.
Personality: Young, eager and naive. Not stupid, but perhaps too enthralled with the saving maidens and glorious cavalry charges of legends.
Talents: Standard sword, lance and Horse. Trained and skilled by many standards, but not true combat experienced. Noble courtesy and army tactics, as well and noble hunt.
Biography: Keith, third son of a Vlandian banner knight, spent most of his early days squiring and hunting for the nobility of Vlandia. As he came of age, he was pushed into the world, a squire looking for a lord, and his elder brother inherited the manor and his older sister was married away. Fortunately for the lad, his father was not without scruples, and paired his old friend, Jorumther of the Golden Boar company to safeguard the young lad. Him and one of his better young lads, Ekrick, would hopefully be enough to keep the young squire away from harm.

Equipment:
Worn (clothing/armor): Maille coif, Padded leather jerkin. Northern highland gloves, leather boots, western hood.
Weapons (melee weapons, shields and ranged weapons): Fine steel Cavalry Broadsword, Cavalry small kite-shield, Western narrow Lance, Lang-seax. Hunting crossbow and bolts packed in his saddlebags for hunting trips
Mount and horses: Lawginelt, a blue roan Vlandian Courser, saddled with a rugged highland harness. Age : 5
Grampus, Grey sumpter horse. Age:~ 7
Miscellaneous: Saddlebags and kit. Contains: Cloak, scarf, blankets, set of cold clothing. Tent and tarp. Saddle-roll, portable stove, knife, field game dressing kit, horse warming blanket, drinkskins x5 (~quart, 2 water, 2 beer, 1 fine wine)

Name: Jorumther, of the Golden Boar
Allegiance: House Horthgard for now, but as a mercenary. Money is close to the heart, but so is drink, kin, and he would rather take a good job, then a bad but well paying one.
Experience: Elite
Feudal Rank: Yeoman.
Appearance: An old Vlandian crossbowman, a sergeant.
Personality: Tired and down to earth, the old sergeant wants nothing more then to live long enough to retire, preferably as the house guard of his younger charge, provided he can keep the young lad alive long enough to merit such a household.
Talents: Crossbow sharpshooting, close quarters brawling, low level leadership and the darker side of human life, roguery.
Biography: Jorumther was conscripted young to the the company of a Vlandian lord before he came of age. Placed in the crossbow line, five years of service, at garrison and at war, had left him with no home to go too when he was released from his oath to his lord. With his crossbow and skills the only things at his disposal, he found his way through mercenary companies until he found a home is the company of the Golden Boar, and mercenary company filled with the detritus of war such as himself.

Of course, the Golden Company of the Boar does not have any retirement options or any easy graves. So when an actual lord requested that he and a few of his lads protect a youth, he considered the options, and took his lads for an adventure.
Equipment:
Worn (clothing/armor): Mailled from head to toe, although a kettle helm protects his head.
Weapons: Heavy siege crossbow, piercing bolts, pavis shield, military pick, dagger.
Mount and horses: N/A
Miscellaneous: pack and kit. Contains: Cloak, scarf, blankets, set of cold clothing. Tent and tarp. Infantry kit, drink-skins x2 (~quart, 2 water)

Name: Ekrick dey Horthgard
Allegiance: None nominally, but Clan Horthgard, who is a supporter of dey Tihr
Experience: Veteran, Tier IV Vlandian light cavalry.
Personality: If a person could be the physical representation of caution, Ekrick would be what they came up with.
Biography: Ekrick was had been an regular Vlandian levy, until he was handed the bridle of mount and told to fall in with the cavalry. Then, his world changed. No longer was he the trooper that fell in line after his sergeant, he was a cavalryman, one of the flower of Vlandia. New to this world, he was ever the dutiful servant when he was assigned to the nobleman's son, Keith.
Equipment:
Worn (clothing/armor): helm/coif. Leather scale tall boots and long gloves.
Weapons (melee weapons, shields and ranged weapons): Lance, arming sword, shield.
Mount and horses: Vlandian saddle horse, light kit.

We are using the 365 day year, right? Bannerlord has a modified 40 day season cycle. Bannerlord's system is better geared to the higher level gameplay, but honestly time-skipes, I think, work better for RP.

In terms of language, I agree dialects and old and new versions of languages and add a deep RP element. That said, I think a few rules should be set. I propose:

1. Dialects can always talk. If you want to speak in Proto-Rhodok-Swadian with a southern twang, that's fine, but it's a RP element only. Vlandian is Vland. If we want notions and ideas to be missed, or miscommunication, sure, use your good judgment.
  2. The empire's language is Latin. Low Latin is the Lingua franca. Everyone can speak this, unless you -character exception. Everyone can speak to anyone if they want.
  3. "High" or "Old" language is the noble-speak. Latin for empire, culture for other. It's another language, but nothing stops anyone form learning it.
  4. Official writing is in the high language. Writing can be in low.

Last edited:
Name: Johnan
Faction of Birth: Western Empire.

Allegiance: Loyal to the Skolderbrotva, even if not a full member, and sympathetic/friendly to a number of small mercenary companies. No strong political leanings.

Experience: Certainly not green, though equally no military veteran. Can handle himself.

Feudal Rank: Commoner / craftsman.

Appearance: Standard build and standing at 5ft10, with a shaven head and bristling red-brown beard, sporting long moustaches and a grin that creases his face. Wears a thick leather apron over sturdy boots, baggy Sturgian trousers and a soot-stained shirt, the sleeves rolled up to reveal forearms dotted with small scars and tattoos. Has a large and heavy leather-satchel and tool-wrap strapped over his back or on a pony when wandering.

Personality:Cheerful, professional and enjoys any chance to heartily complain how overworked, underpaid and unappreciated he is by those around him. Thoroughly enjoys sweating through a day's labour and resting through evening's cool with a pint of mulled mead or hot cider.

Talents: Capable blacksmith, whose worked in more than a few mercenary supply trains. Can handle himself in a fight, and has take up an axe, spear, crossbow and whatever else was close by during trouble in the past, and has received some instruction from various sellswords he's worked beside. That being said, he is no palatine guard.

Also a competent cook, and able to make a passable meal from whatever is left at the end of a campaign.

Biography: Johnan has been swinging a hammer since he could reach the anvil, and before that he was pumping bellows, fetching charcoal, making tea and every other of the many tasks that keep a city smithy functioning. Seeking better wages and some sense of adventure, the Imperial youth packed up his toolroll and left Lageta at the age of 18.

He spent the next decade falling in with various mercenary companies, repairing and producing the countless small components in metal that keep an army in good nick. His fondest memories are of serving with the Skolderbrotva, though never a full member (probably a good thing, considering their strict codes and Johnan's relatively free-spirit).

Equipment:

Worn (clothing/armor): Wears a thick leather apron over sturdy boots, baggy Sturgian trousers and a soot-stained shirt, the sleeves rolled up. A few belts holding tools, pouches and the like. Has some experience wearing lamellar, but sold his two seasons ago and has yet to make another.

Weapons: various hammers, though he carries a long-knife against his thigh and keeps a 40 inch flanged mace of his own manufacture about.

Mount: Occasionally uses a pony to carry equipment or pull a small cart, when following the mercenary companies out on campaign.

2osJIhw.png

Great to have you back, welcome to the RP!

Perfect, thanks!

Last edited:
How did I miss this for a week? The first RP thread in years!

Alright, I'll bring a lance of troops (7), methinks. Young nobleman squire, Vlandian, with a old vet to hold his hand so he doesn't end up shanked too bad.

We're suddenly back to a good, fast pace. We just needed Bannerlord to finally release and awake us from our hibernation. :razz:

Name: Keith dey Horthgard
Experience: Green but well trained.
Feudal Rank: Minor nobility, but practically a nobody.
Appearance: A young Vlandian lad of solid stock, just starting to grow the bread of adulthood.
Personality: Young, eager and naive. Not stupid, but perhaps too enthralled with the saving maidens and glorious cavalry charges of legends.
Talents: Standard sword, lance and Horse. Trained and skilled, but not true combat experienced. Noble courtesy and army tactics, as well and noble hunt.
Biography: Keith, third son of a Vlandian banner knight, spent most of his early days squiring and hunting for the nobility of Vlandia. As he came of age, he was pushed into the world, a squire looking for a lord, and his elder brother inherited the manor and his older sister was married away. Fortunately for the lad, his father was not without scruples, and paid is old friends, Jorumther of the Golden Boar company to safeguard the young lad. Him and one of his better young lads, Ekrick, would hopefully be enough to keep the young squire form harm.

Equipment:
Worn (clothing/armor): Maille coif, Padded leather jerkin. Northern highland gloves, leather boots, western hood.
Weapons (melee weapons, shields and ranged weapons): Fine steel Cavalry Broadsword, Cavalry small kite-shield, Western narrow Lance, Lang-seax. Hunting crossbow and bolts packed in his saddlebags for hunting trips
Mount and horses: Lawginelt, a blue roan Vlandian Courser, saddled with a rugged highland harness. Age : 5
Grampus, Grey sumpter horse. Age:~ 7
Miscellaneous: Saddlebags and kit. Contains: Cloak, scarf, blankets, set of cold clothing. Tent and tarp. Saddle-roll, portable stove, knife, field game dressing kit, horse warming blanket, drinkskins x5 (~quart, 2 water, 2 beer, 1 fine wine)

Name: Jorumther, of the Golden Boar
Allegiance: House Horthgard for now, but as a mercenary. Money is close to the heart, but so is drink, kin, and he would rather take a good job, then a bad but well paying one.
Experience: Elite
Feudal Rank: Yeoman.
Appearance: An old Vlandian crossbowman, a sergeant.
Personality: Tired and down to earth, the old sergeant wants nothing more then to live long enough to retire, preferably as the house guard of his younger charge, provided he can keep the young lad alive long enough to merit such a household.
Talents: Crossbow sharpshooting, close quarters brawling, low level leadership and the darker side of human life, roguery.
Biography: Jorumther was conscripted young to the the company of a Vlandian lord before he came of age. Placed in the crossbow line, five years of service, at garrison and at war, had left him with no home to go too when he was released from his oath to his lord. With his crossbow and skills the only things at his disposal, he found his way through mercenary companies until he found a home is the company of the Golden Boar, and mercenary company filled with the detritus of war such as himself.

Of course, the Golden Company of the Boar does not have any retirement options or any easy graves. So when an actual lord requested that he and a few of his lads protect a youth, he considered the options, and took his lads for an adventure.
Equipment:
Worn (clothing/armor): Mailled from head to toe, although a kettle helm protects his head.
Weapons: Heavy siege crossbow, piercing bolts, pavis shield, military pick, dagger.
Mount and horses: N/A
Miscellaneous: pack and kit. Contains: Cloak, scarf, blankets, set of cold clothing. Tent and tarp. Infantry kit, drink-skins x2 (~quart, 2 water)

Name: Ekrick dey Thir
Experience: Veteran, Tier IV Vlandian light cavalry.
Personality: If a person could be the physical representation of caution, Ekrick would be what they came up with.
Biography: Ekrick was had been an regular Vlandian levy, until he was handed the bridle of mount and told to fall in with the cavalry. Then, his world changed. No longer was he the trooper that fell in line after his sergeant, he was a cavalryman, one of the flower of Vlandia. New to this world, he was ever the dutiful servant when he was assigned to the nobleman's son, Keith.
Equipment:
Worn (clothing/armor): helm/coif. Leather scale tall boots and long gloves.
Weapons (melee weapons, shields and ranged weapons): Lance, arming sword, shield.
Mount and horses: Vlandian saddle horse, light kit.

2osJIhw.png

Three great characters by my eyes, welcome aboard!

We are using the 365 day year, right? Bannerlord has a modified 40 day season cycle. Bannerlord's system is better geared to the higher level gameplay, but honestly time-skipes, I think, work better for RP.

In terms of years, yeah, let's just assume their are 365 days in a year. 40 day seasons sound a bit odd/silly, so I'd say we assume some approximate of our world (e.g., 4 seasons of somewhat regular length with variation). And yeah, I'm more a fan of time skipping and relative time than I am people keeping exact time. Obviously, there is some component of reason here. If you start your character halfway across the map, you shouldn't be posting in Sargot the next post, without providing some great reasoning (e.g., the last post was clearly a flash back and showed your character starting their lengthy journey).

I'm happy to hear other arguments, but I just don't see picky timekeeping as being less fun and not very functionally useful (if we get to a point where we really need to have solid ideas about time we can develop some clear timeline).

In terms of language, I agree dialects and old and new versions of languages and add a deep RP element. That said, I think a few rules should be set. I propose:

1. Dialects can always talk. If you want to speak in Proto-Rhodok-Swadian with a southern twang, that's fine, but it's a RP element only. Vlandian is Vland. If we want notions and ideas to be missed, or miscommunication, sure, use your good judgment.
  2. The empire's language is Latin. Low Latin is the Lingua franca. Everyone can speak this, unless you -character exception. Everyone can speak to anyone if they want.
  3. "High" or "Old" language is the noble-speak. Latin for empire, culture for other. It's another language, but nothing stops anyone form learning it.
  4. Official writing is in the high language. Writing can be in low.

These all make sense to me, but happy to hear other thoughts. I would just call the Empire's language Calradic (although this might have been what you meant). I like the distinction between Low (common version everyone speaks) vs. High (fancy version the nobility learns) Calradic.

I got a hunch that we're all going to 'forge' a mercenary company in this one, aren't we?

Maybe. :wink:

Randomly if anyone has time to check ingame I have two questions (haven't had time to boot up the game recently):

1) What titles do Vlandian nobles have?

2) Who's actually in charge of the House of Tihr at game start?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom