If I could make one wish, I would wish to get rid of the "main questline"

Users who are viewing this thread

Couldn't say how much I hate about the "main questline". It's uninteresting, grindy and unrelevant. What makes things worse is that they force you to progress the main questline to create your own kingdom.

Recently however what really puts me on edge is that after updated to 1.10 I have this bug that my game crushes everytime I exit a bandit hideout. This means there's no way I can progress the main questline, or to create my own kingdom altogether. Why even do they do this? That's just so annoying!

The thing is - we play bannerlord to look for a mount and blade experience: sandboxing, high degree of freedom. Why even bother to spend your valuable time and resources to develop a "main questline"? If I wanted a questline I would go play Kingdom Come Deliverance!
Yeah I agree with with you, kingdom creation should be made harder on the release build as it is currently too easy. If one cant even do such an easy (you can complete this during your calradia villages tour, finding and marking powerful landlords) quest line then he don't have a business in having his own kingdom.

Couldn't say how much I hate about the "main questline". It's uninteresting, grindy and unrelevant. What makes things worse is that they force you to progress the main questline to create your own kingdom.

Recently however what really puts me on edge is that after updated to 1.10 I have this bug that my game crushes everytime I exit a bandit hideout. This means there's no way I can progress the main questline, or to create my own kingdom altogether. Why even do they do this? That's just so annoying!

The thing is - we play bannerlord to look for a mount and blade experience: sandboxing, high degree of freedom. Why even bother to spend your valuable time and resources to develop a "main questline"? If I wanted a questline I would go play Kingdom Come Deliverance!
I agree. Main questline seems to mostly exist for its own sake and could be easily dispensed with.

Yeah I agree with with you, kingdom creation should be made harder on the release build as it is currently too easy. If one cant even do such an easy (you can complete this during your calradia villages tour, finding and marking powerful landlords) quest line then he don't have a business in having his own kingdom.
Nonsense. The only qualification to have a kingdom is to be able to defend it.

Well Kingdom building isn't in the game yet so just be patient. Remember the game isn't in its final release state so what we are playing, will probably change quite a bit over the next year or so.

My thinking is, let everyone form a kingdom if they hit a certain high renown tier (maybe 5?) but the Main Quest can let you form it early (tier 3, as currently)
My thought would be that the higher the tier, the less other lords will be against you claiming to form a kingdom, if you choose to do it earlier, you can, but you need to deal with other lords really frowning upon this, and maybe another shortcut to legitimacy would be to marry with a noble. I guess the main quest could be more legitimacy for a kingdom for yourself.

This quest is my main complaint as well. So you promise to eliminate the Empire for Asiago. What do you get in return? Nothing but irritation from Istiana. He doesn't give you the family castle to help you, or a special sword, or a special perk, he allows you to form an independent kingdom using tools you were using anyway under another king. You may not harm a single faction but Istiana will still get all the Empire to attack you. It makes no sense. And there seems to be no way out.

Yeah considering the freedom that the the Sid Meier's pirates style map gives, the main story is a needless and annoying leash.

Edit* i didn't know that you couldn't create your own kingdom without following that questline, wow that is terrible game design.

This quest is my main complaint as well. So you promise to eliminate the Empire for Asiago. What do you get in return? Nothing but irritation from Istiana. He doesn't give you the family castle to help you, or a special sword, or a special perk, he allows you to form an independent kingdom using tools you were using anyway under another king. You may not harm a single faction but Istiana will still get all the Empire to attack you. It makes no sense. And there seems to be no way out.

#NecroLife #NoThreadsLeftBuried

You shouldn't be able to just declare yourself as a kingdom. Well you could, but being recognized as a king and declaring yourself one are 2 different things. There should be ways to get recognized, either through renown or sheer power, or blood/marriage ties, or maybe some kind of mandate storyline too. But until you achieve recognition, basically no one should do any kind of diplomacy with you.

The entire idea of "main quest" in this game is worthy of a supreme facepalm. Doesn't matter what "main quest" is, what matters is that there is such a thing.

But, if we overlook the fact there is such a thing as a "main quest" and look at what it is... well... this is utter rubbish...
First of all, a piece of cloth is good enough to make you "the chosen one". How did you get that piece of cloth? Doesn't matter! You have The Piece of Cloth. Anyone who is you, the protagonist of the game, and has The Piece of Cloth is The One!
Second, if someone wants to proclaim sovereignty it should be allowed. The consequences should be there - laugh at the bunch of looters who say "We rule these lands", go teach a foolish enough player who stormed a castle and took it somehow that banditry is going to be punished. If you withstand the force that denies you sovereign status then others might see your legitimacy or bunch up and try to make the best of that opportunity and gain some land.
Third, it appears game really wants to point the player into "Kingdom" route which is something not everyone wants. What if I want to be a trader? What if I just wanna be a vassal and help some other kingdom take over without the use of my tailoring skills used only to patch three pieces of cloth together? What if I like having everyone fight and switch sides constantly to keep the balance of power and prolong the war between factions? Well, no, cus this is Mount&Blade2: Bonnerlard and you gotta lube that bone the way developers intended otherwise you are not playing the game properly.

Here I was expecting them to get rid of linear beginning "storyline" and give you even more background customization options for your character and here they are giving us a pre-set family and GOAL in a "SANDBOX-RPG GAME"

Yes +1 ....

agreed....I really don't like the main storyline .... I think they could have done better.

The whole banner pieces thing seems cheesy and too 'high fantasy' for me.

Holding out my opinion until I see where things go. I agree running around the map to talk to everyone (sort of.....there are 15 contacts or so for that quest and you need 10) gets old fast. But what will it evolve into?

I, like many of you, am starting to get antsy for a more substantial content update, versus just a handful of skills (and the trade skills were a welcome addition, to be sure).

Back
Top Bottom