taleworlds does not care about the experienced players multiplayer scene

Users who are viewing this thread

Because there would be a stronger correlation in the high quality sample of data and less variance. A larger observational sample, especially in this case were we are trying to sort out balancing issues, will only end up polluting the sample with unnecessary data.
How does it pollute it?

you dont even need to look at Valorant for balance :p take any long established esport like dota2 etc the balancing and patches are 99% based on what the pros are doing, not what the general plebs are picking, If you tried to balance Warband by taking the data from the general playerbase it would lead you to believe that naked 2h was a very strong build.....

How does it pollute it?
Not sure why its very difficult for you to understand. Take your time to read this carefully.
yes says I. when it comes to balance, do you really think the feedback of new players is helpful? do you really think a random guy on TDM knows which classes or perks are too strong, or what mechanics are being abused and are dominant? they might have ideas about these things, probably some correct ideas too, but that doesn’t mean that kind of feedback is necessary for proper balancing. you’re more likely to get higher quality and more accurate balance feedback from good competitive players. that doesn’t mean their feedback should be unquestionable or taken as an absolute truth, but you could successfully balance the game with only that kind of feedback. look at valorant for an example of that.

You do realise that it's still in Early Access? It's not a full release, obviously it's gonna have a lot fewer options than a full game.
But we are talking about options already in the game. Is it that hard to provide servers, change a few weapon stats, increase siege respawn time for defenders, add separate spawns for both sides on tdm ?

who cares about the respawn on tdm, its a gamemode where u jump in kill everything in sight and thats it

the problem is that the combat is fundamentally flawed, skirmish is a total mess

The devs are communicating they are just not listening. We are getting alpha and beta patchnotes cant rly ask for more ig. But did we need increased headshot dmg?

The devs are communicating they are just not listening. We are getting alpha and beta patchnotes cant rly ask for more ig. But did we need increased headshot dmg?
Releasing patch notes isn't what I'd call communicating.
Headshot damage would've been fine, increased damage for everything on head is not needed.
Buffing archer was not needed right now though since their movement speed and melee skills are still superb.

Releasing patch notes isn't what I'd call communicating.
Headshot damage would've been fine, increased damage for everything on head is not needed.
Buffing archer was not needed right now though since their movement speed and melee skills are still superb.
It litterly makes half of the units even less viable than they were before.... just gj. Some units might even be oneshot now...

What Mynes is saying is that 95% of the feedback from competitive players would be almost matching, therefore the correlation would be high, feedback from the rest of the player-base would, however, be very diverse, therefore the correlation would be low or lower. In the end, this would cause the result to be skewed to a certain point.

It litterly makes half of the units even less viable than they were before.... just gj. Some units might even be oneshot now...
it went from 1.7 to 2.0 that's not a oneshot on most classes (unless you play plebunit).I'm more worried about spears in melee now since the instantdamage is still a thing. Upper hits will hurt alot.
Archer needing nerfs in other aspects is known. Should've nerfed other parts to even it out.

it went from 1.7 to 2.0 that's not a oneshot on most classes (unless you play plebunit).I'm more worried about spears in melee now since the instantdamage is still a thing. Upper hits will hurt alot.
Archer needing nerfs in other aspects is known. Should've nerfed other parts to even it out.
plebunits normally took around 80-90 dmg, thats what im worried about 1.7 to 2 is a 15% increase in armor negation? Well we will see. It raises archer skill ceiling at least.

All I got from this thread was that the OP is an angry nerd who needs to go outside.

If you can't make your points calmly, saying "I'm just stating ****ing facts." on things that cannot be objectively valuated it just irks people. You get nothing done. Anger over videogames is pathetic and nobody wants to listen to angry people online (Since it's pathetic. People play games to have fun, not to listen to mentally frustrated adults.) We have enough of that in other places. Most people here have actual work, and people like you are just annoying to deal with overall. So they'll just ignore your input, since they don't have to listen to the Karens of the internet if they don't want to. There's plenty of opinions to go around, and if I were them I'd start with the calm input and put opinions like your own at the bottom.

You've stated a bunch of opinions. That's all you've done. Trying to make your personal opinions into pseudo facts is annoying and wrong. That's my opinion. :wink:

The game will change a lot once dedicated servers come out, and players can practically just make their own spins on the systems if they want. Just like some of the most popular consistently played Warband multiplayer games were infact multiplayer mods with completely different systems, the same will be the case here.

If you don't like the way the multiplayer is made, by all means, code your own mods that can work completely different. You can even make Warband systems once dedicated servers are out. People can play the game however they want in the end.

Nobody has to take your feedback, and nobody has to buy a game. Making a game is not a democratic process. They make the game they want to make, and we either buy it or we don't. The fact that there's even an exchange of opinions about a game that they look at in the first place is a step beyond most other studios.

Calm down. Eat a snickers.

Last edited:
All I got from this thread was that the OP is an angry nerd who needs to go outside.

If you can't make your points calmly, saying "I'm just stating ****ing facts." on things that cannot be objectively valuated it just irks people. You get nothing done. Anger over videogames is pathetic and nobody wants to listen to angry people online (Since it's pathetic. People play games to have fun, not to listen to mentally frustrated adults.) We have enough of that in other places. Most people here have actual work, and people like you are just annoying to deal with overall. So they'll just ignore your input, since they don't have to listen to the Karens of the internet if they don't want to. There's plenty of opinions to go around, and if I were them I'd start with the calm input and put opinions like your own at the bottom.

You've stated a bunch of opinions. That's all you've done. Trying to make your personal opinions into pseudo facts is annoying and wrong. That's my opinion. :wink:

The game will change a lot once dedicated servers come out, and players can practically just make their own spins on the systems if they want. Just like some of the most popular consistently played Warband multiplayer games were infact multiplayer mods with completely different systems, the same will be the case here.

If you don't like the way the multiplayer is made, by all means, code your own mods that can work completely different. You can even make Warband systems once dedicated servers are out. People can play the game however they want in the end.

Nobody has to take your feedback, and nobody has to buy a game. Making a game is not a democratic process. They make the game they want to make, and we either buy it or we don't. The fact that there's even an exchange of opinions about a game that they look at in the first place is a step beyond most other studios.

Calm down. Eat a snickers.

Ironically you're the one who is acting angry.

Community knows more then the developers the issues there are with the game because they play the damn game religiously. You think they had a 9 month beta just to do it their own way?

It just sounds like you don't know what you're talking about or what has been going on for the past 9 months.

making all heavy units 20 or 30 gold more expensive will fix half of the issues

nerfs cav
doesnt give archers infantry or shock inf equipment
reduces pokes
reduces long af tank fights

the game would be a better place with only a bit of xml editing

making all heavy units 20 or 30 gold more expensive will fix half of the issues

nerfs cav
doesnt give archers infantry or shock inf equipment
reduces pokes
reduces long af tank fights

the game would be a better place with only a bit of xml editing
Seriously 1h fights are just two dudes doing 10 damage to each other until one guy gets bored and stops blocking

Ironically you're the one who is acting angry.

Community knows more then the developers the issues there are with the game because they play the damn game religiously. You think they had a 9 month beta just to do it their own way?

It just sounds like you don't know what you're talking about or what has been going on for the past 9 months.

Lmao. I played the old game for thousands upon thousands of hours and have like 60 wins on the current game and 100 something in the beta. I do know what's happening. I'm just not angry at the current state of the videogame, or any videogame whatsoever in existence. Games are for fun, if you don't enjoy them don't play them. Nobody is forcing anyone to play. Simple formular.

I realise some of the concerns are valid. The excessive language and ****talking is not. That's all. The game developers shouldn't take angry emotional outbursts claiming to be facts online serious. They should make games and enjoy it. Like chill. They don't owe anyone anything other than what they pay for. If they don't like it, they can return the game.

State your opinions. Anything beyond that is a joke. If you wanna spend your free-time raging at game companies be my guest. I'm not mad. Quite to the contrary. I love the game. I love every improvement they make, and I love that people wanna bother with criticisms to make the game better. I just find people who shout and whine online pathetic and imagine their lives are quite empty.

I realise that might make me sound angry as feelings are hard to convey with text, but I'm really not. I will write this and I will go back to playing the game and enjoying myself. I'm sure the multiplayer will improve. Love and peace for all you people. Calm down, play games.

Lmao. I played the old game for thousands upon thousands of hours and have like 60 wins on the current game and 100 something in the beta. I do know what's happening. I'm just not angry at the current state of the videogame, or any videogame whatsoever in existence. Games are for fun, if you don't enjoy them don't play them. Nobody is forcing anyone to play. Simple formular.

I realise some of the concerns are valid. The excessive language and ****talking is not. That's all. The game developers shouldn't take angry emotional outbursts claiming to be facts online serious. They should make games and enjoy it. Like chill. They don't owe anyone anything other than what they pay for. If they don't like it, they can return the game.

State your opinions. Anything beyond that is a joke. If you wanna spend your free-time raging at game companies be my guest. I'm not mad. Quite to the contrary. I love the game. I love every improvement they make, and I love that people wanna bother with criticisms to make the game better. I just find people who shout and whine online pathetic and imagine their lives are quite empty.

I realise that might make me sound angry as feelings are hard to convey with text, but I'm really not. I will write this and I will go back to playing the game and enjoying myself. I'm sure the multiplayer will improve. Love and peace for all you people. Calm down, play games.
The problem is people have been doing that for a long time, only to be met by radio silence by the devs, or at best; seriously unsatisfying statements by callum saying they are gonna do what they wanna do, or "we decided on this after internal talks" without mentioning WHY TW feels 'X' path is more preferable. Getting ANY information from TW would go a long way, but people are getting angry at their silence towards the community while pushing unwanted or controversial designs.

People are angry at the lack of transparency from TW probably more than the designs themselves at the moment.

Last edited:

Everything you just said is also your opinion, you deciding that you won't get mad at games is yours, or that people should just state their opinion and they are "pathetic" if they try to push for it is also. Not everyone has to take your words as facts. Just like what i'm about to write is my opinion.

Also you playing the game for thousand of hours isn't going to change the fact you hardly were active during the beta feedback. You don't know what's going on.

Obviously the excessive cursing is not ok. I don't even know what you're trying to mean by saying "games are fun". I mean yeah, games are fun when they are well made. Except right now the community is split about the multiplayer being good because of some major design decisions that have several flaws that have been pointed out months ago, but any suggestion to improve the system or to redo it has been for the most part neglected.

People are trying to actively make the game better. But taleworlds decides to only pick suggestions when they see fit, when they have to redo it all. They invited a big chunk of competitive players during the alpha, but you would think that people who played your game religiously, and have decided to put countless of hours in bannerlord also to get a deep understanding of the combat would be a great way of getting proper suggestion and changes to the combat. Except they did a lot of changes early in the alpha, but then decided to stop listening to them. What's the point of getting proper feedback from the competitive players if you decide to neglect them halfway and go a complete different direction after that.

It's like a ship on the water, they are making a beautiful ship with beautiful sails but the hull of the ship is rotten and punctured. It's slowly taking in water but taleworlds only decides to look at the sails and improve those. They are trying to fix things that are at its core already broken.

Everything you just said is also your opinion, you deciding that you won't get mad at games is yours, or that people should just state their opinion and they are "pathetic" if they try to push for it is also. Not everyone has to take your words as facts. Just like what i'm about to write is my opinion.

Also you playing the game for thousand of hours isn't going to change the fact you hardly were active during the beta feedback. You don't know what's going on.

Obviously the excessive cursing is not ok. I don't even know what you're trying to mean by saying "games are fun". I mean yeah, games are fun when they are well made. Except right now the community is split about the multiplayer being good because of some major design decisions that have several flaws that have been pointed out months ago, but any suggestion to improve the system or to redo it has been for the most part neglected.

People are trying to actively make the game better. But taleworlds decides to only pick suggestions when they see fit, when they have to redo it all. They invited a big chunk of competitive players during the alpha, but you would think that people who played your game religiously, and have decided to put countless of hours in bannerlord also to get a deep understanding of the combat would be a great way of getting proper suggestion and changes to the combat. Except they did a lot of changes early in the alpha, but then decided to stop listening to them. What's the point of getting proper feedback from the competitive players if you decide to neglect them halfway and go a complete different direction after that.

It's like a ship on the water, they are making a beautiful ship with beautiful sails but the hull of the ship is rotten and punctured. It's slowly taking in water but taleworlds only decides to look at the sails and improve those. They are trying to fix things that are at its core already broken.

I made it very clear those were just my opinions, yea! Fair points. It's not about the content here, more about the toxicity. That was the only thing I really wanted to comment on, because it's counter productive for the dialogue. In my opinion all the swearing and acting like spoiled children hurts the community more than occasional bad games or mistakes. Makes for apathetic Electronic arts *Cough cough* like studios that don't care for their custommers because they're angry spoiled children. I sure wouldn't care about the input after reading this thread.

I won't comment on any of the mechanics at current, but the dialogue is more productive if it's clean, productive and calm. People might actually start looking at the feedback if everyone stops being toxic towards the people who are providing them enjoyment.

I agree, too much feedback has been ignored. But writing what's wrong with a game and actually sitting there having to make choices and writing thousands of lines of code are two different things alltogether. I'm sure they're reading the feedback, making choices. Nobody makes terrible choices on purpose. Clean communication could help. This whole thread is counter-productive. That's my opinion. (Aside from the few good calm inputs.)

Back
Top Bottom