Allow player to choose the exact horse while upgrading horsemen

Users who are viewing this thread

andycott

Sergeant
?
When you upgrade horsemen, you need to have a horse or a war horse in your inventory.
My point is stated above. Allow player to chose the exact horse while upgrading horsemen.

During this upgrade you may lose a valuable horse you need, instead of a horse you'd prefer to give away.

F.e. I buy Desert and Aserai horses in Aserai villages to sell them elsewhere for profit. I can't control, which horse will be lost during such an upgrade and lose profit if the game chooses the horse I need, instead of some other horse I would rather give away.
At first I thought it's irrelevant, but it's not.

UPD. Mod, which solves the problem for the most part. Well, of course sometimes the cheapest horse is not 100% the one you wish do give away, but still. If what I suggested is too complex, than this can solve the problem if implemented in the game.

Last edited:
The player should also get the Horse back when you upgrade a soldier to a Warhorse. Right now I haven't been able to confirm if it does.
I also thought about this, but came to a conclusion, that it's not too important, because overall upgrade cost for horsemen is not very high. But I may be wrong about that.
Overall considering that only armor cost for some upgrades should be disproportionately higher than it is now, you may change your mind about balance.

I'm not sure if it's an intended design or not. Anyway, you can check this : https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/196
UPDated the Thread with this info. Thank you. This mod solves the problem for the most part. Well, of course sometimes the cheapest horse is not 100% the one you wish do give away, but still. If what I suggested is too complex, than this can solve the problem if implemented in the game..

+1 to this. I won a tournament and got a nice horse I planned on using later, but the damn horseman upgrade took my nice horse and left me with all the trash ones. :sad:

?
When you upgrade horsemen, you need to have a horse or a war horse in your inventory.
My point is stated above. Allow player to chose the exact horse while upgrading horsemen.

During this upgrade you may lose a valuable horse you need, instead of a horse you'd prefer to give away.

F.e. I buy Desert and Aserai horses in Aserai villages to sell them elsewhere for profit. I can't control, which horse will be lost during such an upgrade and lose profit if the game chooses the horse I need, instead of some other horse I would rather give away.
At first I thought it's irrelevant, but it's not.

UPD. Mod, which solves the problem for the most part. Well, of course sometimes the cheapest horse is not 100% the one you wish do give away, but still. If what I suggested is too complex, than this can solve the problem if implemented in the game.
Does "locking" the mounts you don't want consumed work? That little "lock" button on the right hand side. Not sure what it does.

Does "locking" the mounts you don't want consumed work? That little "lock" button on the right hand side. Not sure what it does.

Nah, it just locks them in inventory during trades. Ie lock whatever you want to keep and you can just click the double arrow when you're selling off loot.

Nah, it just locks them in inventory during trades. Ie lock whatever you want to keep and you can just click the double arrow when you're selling off loot.
Lame. It should lock that item into your inventory so nothing short of manually confirming you want to get rid of it takes it away.

UPDated the Thread with this info. Thank you. This mod solves the problem for the most part. Well, of course sometimes the cheapest horse is not 100% the one you wish do give away, but still. If what I suggested is too complex, than this can solve the problem if implemented in the game..
Either way, even this is already good, but as I stated above, doesn't help 100%

Lock is a good idea too! But in this case, when you upgrade horsemen and you can't do upgrade because the needed horse/horses is/are locked, and you don't have any other variants, it should be written about it in the text "the needed horse is locked" or something like that (where it is already written that you don't have a horse/war horse at all). This can cause issues, if you don't even know that it works this way. And 90+% won't.

So again the best variant is to be able to choose by yourself, still everything that helps is great.

Back
Top Bottom