Beta Branch e1.1.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Anyone else feels like combat is... easier?

And I don't mean the blocking, I still suck at that, but when doing tournament, shield+sword vs shield+sword, I feel like hitting the opponents is easier than it was before.

Two days ago it was a tense back and forth I wouldn't necessarily win. Now I feel like the opponent are all considerably slower, enough that I can breeze through melee tournament with a two handed.

I'm not complaining, but I would like to see if other people have noticed this.
Did I get that good in two days?

There seems to be a bug where AI doesn't really block anymore. I imagine they will fix that.

As I was hoping, 1.1.0 comes with assets for the empire_crown!

Finally, I can place a crown on the head of the rightful heir to the throne! Very happy about this.

(relatedly, various UI elements which show characters hide the helmets -- could we instead get a "show/hide helmet" tickbox in the character inventory that applies to menus as well so we can keep helmets showing in the menu if we want to keep them? Especially if they're fancy crown helmets. :smile: )

After several hours of playing I'm kinda stuck in a loop of trying to level up my recruits, but have lost more high tier men than I could level up recruits. Warband didn't have this problem because of the training perk and because exp got devided to all units. Right now that seems to not happen, thus no one that didn't earn a kill gets exp. This thus far has made me stay in a loop of fighting looters with very little if any rank ups.

Besides that I have found the prices for several objects to be much higher now, like javelins and other melee weapons.
Also I see way more bands of bandits and looters. A single hideout will spawn parties constantly to the point of saturating a single corner of the map.

Last edited:
After several hours of playing I'm kinda stuck in a loop of trying to level up my recruits, but have lost more high tier men than I could level up recruits. Warband didn't have this problem because of the training perk and because exp got devided to all units. Right now that seems to not happen, thus no one that didn't earn a kill gets exp.

Besides that I have found the prices for several objects to be much higher now, like javelins and other melee weapons.
Also I see way more small bands of bandits and looters. A single hideout will spawn small parties constantly to the point of saturated a single corner of the map.

Yes, they need to fix the leadership perks.

@alieser I made a new character and tested the new beta version for around 3 hours. Here are my findings:

-You still experience lag when a new map loads, but this only lasts up to 5 seconds (With the exception of cities and forts, which cause heavy stuttering for almost a minute)
-You can still get the occasional stutter during battle, but the memory leaks have been for the most part eliminated. I can actually fight now (just killed 8 looters by myself. Something that was impossible before)
-For some reason every single NPC is now overweight/fat. It's kinda funny, but yeah, you folks gotta look into that =P
-Your face turns into a low quality (almost younger looking) model of yourself when you die. This bug was already present before the beta patch.
-The stabbing sounds sometimes lag during battle, but this is very rare.
-Textures load faster, though still not instantly
-the game can handle large battle better. I ran a 300 vs 300 (horsemen and horse archers) in custom battle and it didn't any more than it would have if i was fighting an army of 10.

Last edited:
Love the Update

Two things.
1: Everybody looks like a space Marine from 40k. While funny, it's very broken.
2: Can we get a damage threshold before chambered attacks are interrupted? I am really tired of having to redo the attack animation because some sniper looter hit me with a rock for less than 10 damage.

2: Can we get a damage threshold before chambered attacks are interrupted? I am really tired of having to redo the attack animation because some sniper looter hit me with a rock for less than 10 damage.

Please, oh please.

@alieser I made a new character and tested the new beta version for around 3 hours. Here are my findings:

-You still experience lag when a new map loads, but this only lasts up to 5 seconds (With the exception of cities and forts, which cause heavy stuttering for almost a minute)
-You can still get the occasional stutter during battle, but the memory leaks have been for the most part eliminated. I can actually fight now (just killed 8 looters by myself. Something that was impossible before)
-For some reason every single NPC is now overweight/fat. It's kinda funny, but yeah, you folks gotta look into that =P
-Your face turns into a low quality (almost younger looking) model of yourself when you die. This bug was already present before the beta patch.
-The stabbing sounds sometimes lag during battle, but this is very rare.
-Textures load faster, though still not instantly
-the game can handle large battle better. I ran a 300 vs 300 (horsemen and horse archers) in custom battle and it didn't any more than it would have if i was fighting an army of 10.

I subscribe everything.

Updating to this beta crashes my steam. Then it reloads the update again and won't finalize it. Rinse and repeat. Then it says downloading a 12 Gig file. This is the fourth time today I have downloaded the 12 gig file.

about 5 hrs into a new play through and game keeps crashing. anyone else running into this issue. and will there be a beta branch forum?

Whenever a dev can get back with me here would be nice. Beta won't install, stuck in permanent loop. Keeps asking me to download 12 gigs of files something is messed up.

Am I the one who have a huge drawdown in my loot in this branch? No more shields from sea raiders, but only scarves. Pfff.
And the quantity of looted horses is now going to zero - from one extreme to the other. Great. Tell me at least where to find the multipliers to make battles a little more rewarding.

finding this update so far to be very nice, finally was able to level a character to a point where I was able to grab power before snowball hit (albeit with a good amount of power-playing). really excited about the new patch structure, since I'd rather have crashes and test the new content earlier :smile:.

BTW only one crash and one graphical glitch in around 6hrs of gametime with this patch.

Back
Top Bottom