Reus' Rants & Critiques

Users who are viewing this thread

how are you going to complain about the fact that you fight in too many sieges? every siege feels the same because every siege involves the same thing, building siege equipment and storming the walls, If you decide to partake in 50 of them of course it’s going to stop being special but that’s your fault not the devs. Sure they can add a sneak mechanic or add more ways to starve out the enemy but at the end of the day, what makes the siege enjoyable is the context behind it. I only join major town sieges nowadays and there’s like one or two per war. Also how can you complain about this here when it’s literally the same in warband. Honestly people need to load up warband again and start a quick play through. Warband has so many flaws yet it’s one of my favorite games ever, when I load up warband and then play bannerlord, the improvement between the two games is clear as day. It’s not just graphical, virtually all the new systems introduced, (skill points and levelling up by actually using a skill, clan system, faction mechanics, seige mechanics, smithing, notables, trade system, combat AI, campaign Ai) are all promising improvements on warband systems.
too many sieges happen because the factions dont defend castels (lords are not entering castels too reinforce the troops, but i think that is the way they want it to be)
defeated lords respawn too fast
no feasts

skill points are better.... you mean the focuspoints or the attribute points?
well in my opinion the only good thing about the new skill system is the learning by doing for non combat skills.
Weapon proficiencies are no longer important (besides unlocking perks) buff to speed/ damage is minor
there is now hardly a difference between a knight and a peasant (attack speed, damage ).
attributes no longer determine the stats of every char

smithing is atm a chore and not fun

combat ai got better ? well the infantry ok
the cav (at least my cav) could not hit the oposing infantry (with lance/sword/mace) in 9 of 10 attacks
archers maybe? horse archers are better.
in sieges the ai is not really good atm.

campaign ai is better...... faction is at war with 2 factions....declares war against a 3 faction.....well lets say the campaign ai has the potential to be better.

I see a lot of valid criticism and ideas, but I think a lot of these are also playstyle preference gripes. We could pare OPs list down quite a bit by getting rid of things like "why do I get assigned a fief that I don't want" because kings don't owe you an explanation.

Another thing to add to the list is smithing in general. Great idea but watching paint dry is more interesting.
- Having to rest every ten charcoal isn't fun when you use it for every action in smithing.
- Unlocking hundreds of parts randomly one at a time, maybe, makes me want to gouge my eyes out with a spoon.
- There needs to be an option to show only unlocked parts, there are too many to have to scroll through when you get no useful notification about what you unlock
- The whole stamina system makes sense for balancing but couldn't be less enjoyable if you tried as a player. Please, anything but this. I'm going to die of old age before I get anywhere.
- Costs are just nonsensical. You smith a weapon with 2,000+ worth of materials and it sells for 124. Selling weapons is throwing money away, if you break them down I've yet to see a case where you don't make much, much more.

Huge fan of the series but man does Bannerlord ever feel early access. Like spelling errors and typos all over the place, the thing's empty of any dialogue, and balance is a myth... But it looks modern at least, hopefully they can quickly iron out the other bits through this Early Access and we can get a good game!

too many sieges happen because the factions dont defend castels (lords are not entering castels too reinforce the troops, but i think that is the way they want it to be)
defeated lords respawn too fast
no feasts
The AI sieging AI isn’t what OP is talking about he’s talking about him fighting in too many sieges that’s on him, you don’t have to fight in every siege lol.

skill points are better.... you mean the focuspoints or the attribute points?
well in my opinion the only good thing about the new skill system is the learning by doing for non combat skills.
Weapon proficiencies are no longer important (besides unlocking perks) buff to speed/ damage is minor
there is now hardly a difference between a knight and a peasant (attack speed, damage ).

In warband if you killed someone with a mace you’d be able to level up any skill you wanted like what lol. Tying progression to using the skill makes sense. a lot of people complaining about their being no difference between knight and peasant need to tweak the combat AI so they can enjoy the game if they don’t want a challenge. The game is far more reliant on the player being a more skilled fighter rather than his character being a more skilled fighter which I like. In warband you never had to get good at the game you just had to cheese exp and become an unstoppable warrior from fantasy. Here you actually have to learn how to fight and get good at it, some people don’t want to do that, that’s fine just turn down the combat AI!

smithing is atm a chore and not fun

Smithing wasn’t even in warband so having the basics of it in EA is a plus, if you don’t like the idea of it then don’t do it! I’d wager an arm and a leg the current version isn’t what you’ll see on release, no doubt values will be tweaked

combat ai got better ? well the infantry ok
the cav (at least my cav) could not hit the oposing infantry (with lance/sword/mace) in 9 of 10 attacks
archers maybe? horse archers are better.
in sieges the ai is not really good atm.

Not just individual units, individual units are a lot more challenging to kill which is good but AI commanders are smarter too. If they outnumber you with ranged they won’t charge everything in, they’ll sit back and try and pelt you to death. If you have even numbers they mirror your tactics. If you have fewer infantry troops but more archers they’ll charge in. Ive had some really intense battles when troop counts are about 200 each, commanders seem greatly improved and will probably only get better. Siege AI was not even a thing in warband, in bannerlord you can take control of them and have them take various routes you can also choose to assault walls at different positions with different assault weapons or just send them up ladders to their deaths.

campaign ai is better...... faction is at war with 2 factions....declares war against a 3 faction.....well lets say the campaign ai has the potential to be better.

I've only seen factions that are massive do the 3 war thing and only rarely or at the end of one or both of the other wars. Most of the time they stay at war with only one faction. The fact that snowballing even exists tells you that campaign AI is better. The reason snowballing is a thing isnt because the campaign AI is incompetent but because of how competent they are! Look in various threads the faction that snowballs is different in all of them this is because in every gameplay the AI at some point takes advantage of opposing AI either in a major ground victory or major siege victories and they press the advantage instead of being bums and going home to feast. I’ve seen threads where almost every faction except Aserai was complained about for snowballing. In warband, swadias gone every campaign lol. I hope devs don’t listen to threads and make campaign AI dumber by making them go home feast after every battle but rather smarter by making them enter strategic alliances and defensive pacts.

It seems you dont understand what i mean.
If there are fewer sieges he will participate in fewer sieges.
In my current campaign 1 castel was conquert 7-8 times in a war between 2 factions in a timespann of around 60-75 days .
defeated lords respawn / feasts would be a way to reduce the amount of sieges. (maybe not the best way)
In warband if you killed someone with a mace you’d be able to level up any skill you wanted like what lol. Tying progression to using the skill makes sense. a lot of people complaining about their being no difference between knight and peasant need to tweak the combat AI so they can enjoy the game if they don’t want a challenge. The game is far more reliant on the player being a more skilled fighter rather than his character being a more skilled fighter which I like. In warband you never had to get good at the game you just had to cheese exp and become an unstoppable warrior from fantasy. Here you actually have to learn how to fight and get good at it, some people don’t want to do that, that’s fine just turn down the combat AI!

Progression to using the Skill / i think you refer to combat and you agree with me?

Knight and peasant ........i mean npc knight vs npc peasant although i think it is to easy to kill a npc knight as a new char (player) and its too easy to be killed as an heavy armored char (player) by a few lo lvl troops. (closecombat)

Not just individual units, individual units are a lot more challenging to kill which is good but AI commanders are smarter too. If they outnumber you with ranged they won’t charge everything in, they’ll sit back and try and pelt you to death. If you have even numbers they mirror your tactics. If you have fewer infantry troops but more archers they’ll charge in. Ive had some really intense battles when troop counts are about 200 each, commanders seem greatly improved and will probably only get better. Siege AI was not even a thing in warband, in bannerlord you can take control of them and have them take various routes you can also choose to assault walls at different positions with different assault weapons or just send them up ladders to their deaths.

you could be right about fieldbattels

sieges are atm worse as in warband (my opinion) defenders running past enemy soldiers on the wall to take a position
siegetower cant be used from the ai once it is on the wall ..... (player is the attacker / i tried the siegtower 2 times a few days ago so maybe its fixed)

player is the defender -> your troops are running from the left to the right side of a ladder (following me without commanding them to do so) and are blocking my strikes.

I've only seen factions that are massive do the 3 war thing and only rarely or at the end of one or both of the other wars. Most of the time they stay at war with only one faction. The fact that snowballing even exists tells you that campaign AI is better. The reason snowballing is a thing isnt because the campaign AI is incompetent but because of how competent they are! Look in various threads the faction that snowballs is different in all of them this is because in every gameplay the AI at some point takes advantage of opposing AI either in a major ground victory or major siege victories and they press the advantage instead of being bums and going home to feast. I’ve seen threads where almost every faction except Aserai was complained about for snowballing. In warband, swadias gone every campaign lol. I hope devs don’t listen to threads and make campaign AI dumber by making them go home feast after every battle but rather smarter by making them enter strategic alliances and defensive pacts.

3 War ....well the faction(battania) was not massiv 7 citys .....not long after the war declaration they were wiped out.

Snowballing competent ai?
Agressive ai ok but that does not make the ai good.
go home feasting after every battel? when did i say something like this?

Last edited:
Snowballing competent ai?
Agressive ai ok but that does not make the ai good.
go home feasting after every battel? when did i say something like this?

people are recommending feasts like in warband being implemented. AI would go feast after virtually every siege. AI is competent because when it gets an advantage it presses it which is why different factions win every gameplay. It snowballs just like a player would. What does need tweaking is defensive AI and diplomacy which I’m pretty sure they’ll tweak by adding defensive pacts.

people are recommending feasts like in warband being implemented. AI would go feast after virtually every siege. AI is competent because when it gets an advantage it presses it which is why different factions win every gameplay. It snowballs just like a player would. What does need tweaking is defensive AI and diplomacy which I’m pretty sure they’ll tweak by adding defensive pacts.
well a better defensive ai would be nice

Back
Top Bottom