Resolved Memory leak: RAM does not unload after simulation (battles, visiting cities, villages etc.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Been playtesting for a few hours. Including this new patch, and while there is improvement, it's far from enjoyable on 8GB rigs... Still too frequent do I have to reload the game and have to suffer from some serious stutters. It's playable, but far from enjoyable.

Even reloading the game for me doesn't seem to stop the stuttering, it was getting so bad to the point where the game sometimes froze up for 10-15 seconds and this is consistent in every battle/siege. Custom Battles are completely fine though, I can even do 250 v 250 sieges and it runs fine, strange thing is I didn't have this problem when I first started playing about 5 days ago, it's gotten worse with every patch for me to the point where I'm just playing MP right now due to the stutters/lag.I too have 8GB of DDR4 RAM and a RX 580

Even reloading the game for me doesn't seem to stop the stuttering, it was getting so bad to the point where the game sometimes froze up for 10-15 seconds and this is consistent in every battle/siege. Custom Battles are completely fine though, I can even do 250 v 250 sieges and it runs fine, strange thing is I didn't have this problem when I first started playing about 5 days ago, it's gotten worse with every patch for me to the point where I'm just playing MP right now due to the stutters/lag.I too have 8GB of DDR4 RAM and a RX 580

Curiosity question, are you by any chance playing this game with headphones?

Personal experience so far is that the 3 last patches, 1.0.8, 9 and 10, increased overall performance but the memory leak is still there.

ps: fx 6300 + gtx 1050ti + 16gb ram

Personal experience so far is that the 3 last patches, 1.0.8, 9 and 10, increased overall performance but the memory leak is still there.

ps: fx 6300 + gtx 1050ti + 16gb ram
Updated my first post. I've noticed this as well. Hopefully the memory leak is solved in the coming weeks (or days)!

still got a memory leak here with 16gb ram. takes 10-15 mins until hit hits cap. much of the stutter has been fixed but during battles there's still some, especially at the start. worst place for it is the arena. 4770k, 980ti, 16gb ram

Hi! I´m having the same problem. In my case the RAM goes higher and higher when I'm playing the single mode. I've noticed that it increases a little bit every time I save the game. At the end it reaches the max. capacity and it starts to go slower and slower. No matters if I'm in the campaign map or in a battle with 5 looters. Simply it doesn't recovery. I've tried with lowest settings and doesn't work.

Gigabyte GTX 1660 Super
Intel core i7 3770
12 GB RAM
SSD
Windows 7.

GPU and CPU usage and temperature is ok, the main problem comes through the management the game is doing with the memory.

Beta branch brought some significant increase in overall performance, unfortunately the ram leak is still alive and strong

Thanks for reporting, was wondering this myself as I've yet to get around to test it.
Edit: Added beta branch to the list of versions in the first post.

Last edited:
Hi everyone! After spending many hours triyng to find any solution for the RAM memory leak increising while playing, apparently I've found a solution that it's working for me and the game is going fine now (no RAM issues, note: I've no tried in big sieges at the moment).

Well, I have 2 SSD and 1 HDD. I had Bannerlord and Steam installed in one SSD to SATA II port in my computer. I only have one SATA III port and it's connected to the other SSD which it has OS and is booting the system through SATA III port. I've changed the SSD with Bannerlord installed to the SATA III port and the SSD with the system to another SATA II port (changing the disk booting options if needed). And magic, now the game works perfectly and smoothly after 2 or 3 hours playing.

I don't know if it could be your problem as well, but check what kind of port is connected to the disk you are running Bannerlord.

(sorry for my bad english)

Cheers!

PD: I'm with 1.0.10 version

Back
Top Bottom