Upgrading troops

Users who are viewing this thread

So I found out when upgrading horse archers (havent tried with cavalry yet).

You need to give a unit a normal horse to make him horse archer, and a few xp points later you need to give him a new war horse to make him a better horse archer, but you never get normal horse back.
Can you help me find logic? Shouldn't you get the first horse back?
Is this a bug or just overlooked feature?

sorry if it has been posted already.

Personally, I'd consider it a feature
Though can undesrstand a frustration with it
Considering that's an utter PITA to collect enough warhorses anyway

I consider it a bug or at least something that needs work.
Its fine to need good horses for the soldiers, but when you upgrade, the horse shouldn't vanish.
I doubt that its a ritual for advancement that the poor horse got eaten.

yea i agree that it's nice design to acually use a horse, some kind of money sink and also you have to find new horses for new troops so it delays game a bit.
What bothers me is that it vanishes after upgrading it further, like you said.

Agreed. If your giving the unit an warhorse and the old is still alive, why wouldn't you get it back in the inventory?

If we go that way we should also restock horses that die in battle.

I would have no problem with that, as long the NPC followed the same rules. It could be an interesting tactic to force the enemy empire to fight on foot, because you targeted their horses in battle and raided the villages that raises them.

yes and no, i don't know why you have to do this to fix what i wrote?
If you buy a car in real life and 5 years later you buy a new one, where does old one go? does it vanish or you trade it in? you see my point?

restocking after battle is another topic that shouldn't relate to this IMO.

Well what would happen if you don't have enough horses to restock? Do your cavalryman just spawn on foot?

I don't get why they suddenly decided to add this layer of logistics to upgrading cav. You don't have to buy new armor or weapons for your archers or footmen, so why are horses suddenly not able to magically appear for a comically small amount of money?

Frankly I think they should get rid of the horse restriction and introduce dramatic cost increases to upgrading troops across the board. Investing in your army should take up more of your funds.

Well what would happen if you don't have enough horses to restock? Do your cavalryman just spawn on foot?

I don't get why they suddenly decided to add this layer of logistics to upgrading cav. You don't have to buy new armor or weapons for your archers or footmen, so why are horses suddenly not able to magically appear for a comically small amount of money?

Frankly I think they should get rid of the horse restriction and introduce dramatic cost increases to upgrading troops across the board. Investing in your army should take up more of your funds.

I think it was to prevent cavalry spam on both NPC and player side.

I think it was to prevent cavalry spam on both NPC and player side.

I really don't see how. Since the beginning of the game all i'm fighting is archers on horses. I beat several thousand of them in a war, to 12 days later, see them spawn on the officers like it was nobody business.

The NPC recover their horses so fast that it's a joke.

Back
Top Bottom