Users who are viewing this thread

In this game have some mistakes. This mistakes ruining my contact with calradia and my story. I think we all loving game because of the feeling that we can be whatever we want in calradia! And i want to feel like that again! So if we stand together we can change what we don't like about game. Like the things killing all atmosfer. I gonna make my own list. And if you to do your own list common things that we all hate will comes out.

1)Hp bars of siege instruments and castle gates. (don't knowing when will broken is more exciting) -remove permanantly-

2)The bar above the screen that showing who will win, who has how much power. -remove permanantly-

3)Alt key that showing us magically where the enemy forces and how many of them. -remove from battlefields permanantly-

4)We can do everything before enter the city and again alt key showing us evrything. -Not remove this things permanantly but alt key can show us that where the places once we went and people once we meet. I mean alt key can show us people already we met and places we already went. -

5) Encyclopedia has to remove immediately! If we can learn anything from encyclopedia what is the point of playing this game! It's killing the game. Even at warband if we want to find a lord we was had to ask someonelse. We should ask to townmans for locations that we need and they should request bribe and if we threaten them, they should attack us or afraid from us based on our skills and our reputation. I mean instead of encyclopedia use villagers, townmans, merchants, lords, ladys, mysterious npcs and even bandits! If you do that game can be more fun than just clickings.

6)Small parties has to surrender without fighting.

7)After the sucsesful siege why we are continue from outside castle?

:cool:Let us attack to enemy from further ditance. I mean currently in the battlefield there is distance betwen us with the enemy like we just didn't talk face to face 2 minute ago. At some distance game should ask us 'do u want attack from this distance?' and if we need interact the enemy, there should be 'keep following' option. If we choose attacking from futher distance without interact, the game should keep distance of between two armies same with now. But if we choose 'keep following', when we catch the enemy, battle phase should be start and armies should be closer, than we should interact with enemy forces captain at the middle. And if we decide war without loading screens we should fight just there! etc.

Sory for my bad english. :grin:
Make your list below. Together we will make calradia great again! :grin:

Last edited:
This kinda reminds me good old dev blog discussions especially, 2, 3, 4 and 5.

I want 2 and 3 gone indeed. I think 4 is good addition to the game. I mean there is lots of notable, city, village and most certainly there will be lots of gameplay through. In fact, I am in the second one and certainly I don't wanna personally meet all that notables again. Even, I want a dialogue option in city menu so we don't get that loading screen.

I am not sure about 5 though. Most of the encyclopedia is very useful and makes the game very accessible but also I don't wanna see the location of a lord, whose faction is at war with mine, from it.

I hope, there will be immersion mods in near future.

This kinda reminds me good old dev blog discussions especially, 2, 3, 4 and 5.

I want 2 and 3 gone indeed. I think 4 is good addition to the game. I mean there is lots of notable, city, village and most certainly there will be lots of gameplay through. In fact, I am in the second one and certainly I don't wanna personally meet all that notables again. Even, I want a dialogue option in city menu so we don't get that loading screen.

I am not sure about 5 though. Most of the encyclopedia is very useful and makes the game very accessible but also I don't wanna see the location of a lord, whose faction is at war with mine, from it.

I hope, there will be immersion mods in near future.

Firstly thank you for your valuable comments.

Encyclopedia can tell us somethings but at current state, you doing so many things with encyclopedia. I still want more challenge for the feeling my charecter alive. Because of that i insistent about the encyclopedia's functions should deliver to npcs. (: D) But if comunity of game thinking same with you, i guess you will agree with me that at least encyclopedia need to balance.

Just imagine you have limited friends and enemy. Because making friends will require time. Isn't it make them more valuable? I mean you if you need something for you, you need the go certain place and that certain place will be more meaningful for you. Like your homeland or base. Plus don't knowing most of npcs is making game more mysterious i think. I guess if they could dialogues better and more functional, you will agree with me that will worth it.

In one way or another game has problems, with ours comments i belive game will be better. :smile:

When entering a village via the 'Talk' to person option, player should not enter village scene wearing combat outfit.

Many banner images do not appear on the cloth properly, need to be brought forward

Make every NPC have a task: no NPCs just standing waiting for the player to come to them - except quest NPCs which are fine as they are. Some carry items or appear to be working which is good, but many do not. Kids should sometimes run around in groups.

Armies need to start further apart. I made a thread about that but basically most of us do want the battles to last longer so we can be strategic and save our troops from harm every time. Yes many small battles end quickly and we use them for XP, but they are also practice for bigger battles so allow us to choose for ourselves: Fights against Looters/Bandits distance apart and fights against Lords/Nobles distance apart.
+when playing on realistic difficulty (think about it realistically) it becomes a necessity to protect every single member and organize properly for every battle. We need time to do this after we enter the battle so we can see what we're working with from that perspective.

Bow attributes and cost do not correlate in trade

Buy-sell price rumours and comparison information should be included for animals, weapons and armour so that player-smiths and player-animalTraders wishing to trade specifically in manufactured or looted equipments, or animals can do this.

+Toggleable: Add fog and rain to the weather and add mist to morning battles on grass. Add random dew sparkle to grass and trees in the morning, when raining and in winter.

Smithing should move time forward automatically. The more difficult the weapon the further it moves. Making us spend time manually is clunky and immersion-breaking

Stab attack should be faster the lighter the weapon is. Stab speed should be based off weapon class mastery, weapon weight, vigour.

Daggers are in the same class as one handed swords, making them useless as their stats are universally worse - give them a purpose by making daggers cause double damage in duels, which is fairly true to life.

Remove single handed bastard swords from the game - bastard swords by their definition are both one handed and two handed swords.
bastardize
VERB
  1. change (something) in such a way as to lower its quality or value, typically by adding new elements.
    IE the ability to use it with one hand because it is shorter and lighter than a normal longsword.
Remove bastard sword grips from single handed smithing.

We need more maps with more features for us to use. Better define the exact location of a battle so the battle map chosen correlates better with the campaign map. Having more maps will solve this. IRL battlegrounds (fields) were chosen specifically for their openness, flatness etc but when we are chasing looters the battle could happen just about anywhere.

+Map - swamp/bog with pools of water
+Map - lake's edge with surrounding hills
+Map - plain hilltop next to dense forest, overlooking distant farms
+Map - moors with lumps and nooks
+Map - beach with large chalk arches and towers
+Map - Mountain's edge with steep winding paths through dense woodland
+Map - Sherwood forest! Medium density woodland with many paths and lumps and dips
+Map - sloping hill with broken walls and fences to jump, include animals
+Map - on top of jagged chalk clifftop overlooking the sea
+Map - deserted opencast mine
+Map - mountain pass with cliffs either side
+Map - apple orchard
+Map - large open crossroads with tavern
+Map - deserted logging camp
+Map - base of waterfall
+Map - self-contained hill with flat top and paths leading up to it. Dense trees.
+Map - wide frozen river (Winter and snow only)
+Map +new mechanic - tall corn field which gets flattened when walked on
+Map(s) - country plain with hedges and distant town or castle (from map)

As discussed earlier, some situations could be made more realistic:
+Campaign Difficulty Option - Interactions (Realistic/Normal)
-Disables TAB for exiting areas except battles
-Disables All HUD elements related to army strength
-Notables can only be added to the quick talk bar after they have been discovered. Troops cannot be hired from notables until known.
-Disables holding ALT to reveal important items.
-Disables ability to enter tavern, market and arena from Town options. One must now enter.

The following mechanics are designed to introduce a little chaos into order, enhance the usefulness of some Objects, enhance some situations and add choices.

New mechanic - Shield fatigue
+Endurance-based shield fatigue meter (0-200)
Holding up a shield constantly fills the meter.
Blocking weapon strikes fills the meter quickly. Heavy hits such as a full-speed mounted mace could very well push it up to 200.
When the meter is above 100 the shield cannot be used. (single-use groaning or panting audio)
When not holding up the shield, the fatigue meter reduces fairly quickly. When below 100, the shield can be used.
The rate of filling/emptying of the fatigue meter depends on Endurance, shield weight, damage absorbed.
Arrows have no affect on this.

New mechanic - Weapon Fatigue
New mechanic - Disarm
+Vigour-based weapon fatigue meter (0-200)
Successfully striking or blocking fills the meter fairly quickly
Not using the weapon reduces the meter slowly.
When above 100, the weapon has a 33% chance on each strike or block to be disarmed. (groan or ouch audio for each hit)
Changing weapons has no effect on the current fatigue.
The rate of filling/emptying of the fatigue meter depends on vigour, weapon weight, damage inflicted/blocked.
Daggers and Bows do not add to fatigue and cannot be disarmed.
Disarmed weapons are treated like dead horses and are returned to the character after a battle.

Last edited:
A lot of this stuff should be optional and if not officially added will likely be added with mods.

I've been the lead designer for a game judged by Mike Gamble so I know what a team of designers, modellers and scripters can do when you show them the whip!

Who has fun walking around for extended periods of time to just find a place to set up a workshop? How does making it really hard for new players to even find a village add anything? The encyclopedia will never EVER be removed because it gives the player so much crucial information. How are you gonna plan what army you want to have if you can't even look at what troops each culture has? How are you going to do that first annoying quest where you need to track people down on a MASSIVE map if you have no idea where to even start? This game would be boring if you didn't have that kind of information. Oh yeah it would be soooo much fun having to waste your time looking for something and not even playing that game. Come on! Extremists are not healthy for any game, and the devs will not listen to such nonsense. Don't waste your time.

Discovering the map, where everything is and what everything does is part of the experience. I've never used the encyclopaedia except to examine lineage and ownership. I discover what troops are where and what troops I can hire by going there and asking people. When I go to speak to somebody, I actually go in on the horse for the experience. I haven't even found all the lords for the first part of the quest in any playthrough because I speak to them when I see them. I don't see why this is something you wouldn't want to do. Just slow down!

Who has fun walking around for extended periods of time to just find a place to set up a workshop? How does making it really hard for new players to even find a village add anything? The encyclopedia will never EVER be removed because it gives the player so much crucial information. How are you gonna plan what army you want to have if you can't even look at what troops each culture has? How are you going to do that first annoying quest where you need to track people down on a MASSIVE map if you have no idea where to even start? This game would be boring if you didn't have that kind of information. Oh yeah it would be soooo much fun having to waste your time looking for something and not even playing that game. Come on! Extremists are not healthy for any game, and the devs will not listen to such nonsense. Don't waste your time.

Encyclopedia can show you which town where is it. But also there could be mission to direct you take a map and you could hold in your inventory and map could give you bonuses about your party speed or could increase view distance and sort of thing. If you are not imbecile, i dont think you are ( i guess just you didnt understand the idea or you are extremely lazy:smile: ), you can very easly go to tavern and find a local guy and buy a map from him. Its give you a choice. You can choose that map give you speed or view distance. It can be different maps. You can decide which one more important for you. Why do you insist that the encyclopedia play for you? Our suggestions to make the game more immersive as written in the title. And for produce various quality content. Encyclopedia that one of things killing content and roleplay in the game right now. Just like alt key. And i said before encyclopedia can give info but only about limited things. Things that not killing all the joy in playing game. If we met before thats okay we would access from encyclopedia info about someone. Or if we met, we can quick chate without go in the city.

And for finding someone location or track, we can give mission our companions. Doesn't matter how we solved the problems. Only thing that matter is feeling atmosphere of the game. We want to get lost in fascinating world of calradia. Yes we want to numerous content in the game.

Thank you for your valuable comments.

I'd suggest expanding the rumour mechanic when one speaks to a peasant a lot more. Rumours could be about lots of things. Troop movements, weapon or food shortages, jobs people are offering in other villages, locations of sieges or destinations of rulers, raider build-ups, gaps in the market where a workshop would be lucrative, present locations of potential companions, towns where gangs are clashing et cetera ad infinitum.

They should definitely add a kind of hardcore mode in which you have to enter and exit places on foot or on horseback (and allow saddles for civilian mounts). So many players are missing the wonderful scenery and the intention of the artists who made these things because you can skip right past it. Some places are nice to travel through on the horses and remind me of where I live and cannot currently go because of this coronavirus business.

Last edited:
I'm a little torn on this. I think we have to recognize that this is a video game and there are going to be things that are simply quality of life features for a modern game. For me, an immersion junkie, most of this has never entered my mind.

I'm a little torn on this. I think we have to recognize that this is a video game and there are going to be things that are simply quality of life features for a modern game. For me, an immersion junkie, most of this has never entered my mind.
This is understandable but i am still wanting better npcs.

Back
Top Bottom