It's in EA... Should it excuse "everything"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Jaha has made each and every one of you emotional EA defenders look like complete fools literally this entire thread. Where the ones critiquing are eloquent and composed the fanboys are screeching. lol Well played..

Jaha has made each and every one of you emotional EA defenders look like complete fools literally this entire thread. Where the ones critiquing are eloquent and composed the fanboys are screeching. lol Well played..
Dude you look so cool right now, ha ha! That's such a badass comment, bro.

Admittedly didnt read the thread, but yes the answer is always yes. IF you feel you got burned on EA, its really just tough **** because no matter how many times the dev says the game is not finished and there is no warranty, you will be here complaining in a thread like this. You can find this same thread in every single EA game and its just a massive face palm every time. Get a grip. I can even clearly remember in WoW beta there was a thread about the game is so horribly boring because the barrens was so big and tauren couldnt plainswalk anymore. Swearing up and down the game was going to be a giant flop.

You're living a very tired and played out trope. Get over it and go play something else.

my biggest issue was the lack of creativity and leap taking.

I am 'happy' to be playing Warband 2.0, but I expected another level, not something I wanted 5-8 years ago...In total, general disappointment (I know the great mods will make up for it, the total of the engine seems decent).

Combat in medieval games has evolved enormously (Mordhau). They made BL combat 'better' than warband, but they didn't make it different than warband (or M&B in general...).

AI also really needs a big upgrade.

also, EA should excuse quite a bit. In 1 week, they have fix 90% of the crashes I had, I can play it stable for hours now, which is great. The content is a long process, so that's excused.

Not much can't be excused I think.

my biggest issue was the lack of creativity and leap taking.

I am 'happy' to be playing Warband 2.0, but I expected another level, not something I wanted 5-8 years ago...In total, general disappointment (I know the great mods will make up for it, the total of the engine seems decent).

Combat in medieval games has evolved enormously (Mordhau). They made BL combat 'better' than warband, but they didn't make it different than warband (or M&B in general...).

AI also really needs a big upgrade.
your saying mordhau's combat even better than warband? howso?? i watched alot of youtube videos and steam broadcast videos, and honestly it feels just like an updated graphics of chivalry/wotr... i haven't played mordhau and i'm not great at pvp, but i've clocked alot of hours in pvp to have enough assessment to compare warband's pvp against mordhau..

What's Mordhau and what's it got to do with Mount and Blade?

OP is a troll. Says everything is terrible but only point he makes is he couldn't get the archers firing. They fire just fine for me.

Well I think it's okay for them to voice their concerns anyways if they want to. Also for some types of things it is useful to see just how many people have a problem or opinion. For instance a wide range a PC builds have performance issues, so it good to see this being voiced frequently because it is common and persisting. People have a lot of variation in their negative experience with the leveling/skill/perk system and many ideas on what would be better, it's good to see it.

The point I was making is, if you're going to complain, do it in one topic and make it in one place so it's easily seen. Not make it spread out where it's not nearly as noticeable in a bunch of topics.

All they've done literally is say no one's made a point, and tell others to shut up. Super eloquent.

your saying mordhau's combat even better than warband? howso?? i watched alot of youtube videos and steam broadcast videos, and honestly it feels just like an updated graphics of chivalry/wotr... i haven't played mordhau and i'm not great at pvp, but i've clocked alot of hours in pvp to have enough assessment to compare warband's pvp against mordhau..

so, good question. You really have to play it to get it. I have 75 hours on Mordhau, prob ~2K M&B through to BL. Just quickly, Mordhau is much deeper, more complex, more versatile, less forgiving and more deadly. Its just an awesome experience, you have to play it to understand, point final.

Really the main point of the post is this -> A game like Mordhau really put a lot of complexity and depth into combat, it revolutionized medieval combat in my opinion. M&B (the original) DID THE SAME! But that was 15 years ago. I would have liked to see some innovation here, you know, a key to sprint and run and knock someone down (instead of basically only horses doing so), some finishing moves a bunch of things.

That was my main point, innovation, open mind, moving forward. BL, for me, is just a better Warband. That's nice, but its not great!

EA was the best thing that could of happened to Bannerlord and will speed up the development time drastically especially since the devs are pretty active with addressing things as they come up. There are a lot of naive poeple out there that are completely clueless to what it takes to develop a game not to mention Bannerlord is like KCD, Crusader Kings, and Total War all in one game. It is a very complex game and to that extent a game like Bannerlord will and has taken 8+ years. I have worked on multiple mods for Total war games over the years which took 2+ years to complete and those are just mods.

It'd be nice to have my archers already on the walls firing... but no, they're all in the back with me waiting for me to tell them what to do all the time even though we've had time to prepare and knew the enemy was coming. They just show up in a blob with the rest of my army, again all waiting to know what to do.

It should be one third of your troops already on the wall defending and the rest rushing to their post when siege is starting. Yea this one sucks. first time defending against a siege was a bad experience.

A lot of the new stuff that actually made it into EA is not working properly or is just broken. There are (supposedly) a lot of other stuff that has yet to be properly tested and implemented that is in the offing. Considering the state the game is currently in I don't see how anyone can honestly think that full release of the game will be ready within a year if all this time of development has resulted in the product that we have now.

Don't get me wrong - I'm thoroughly enjoying the game and happy that they released it (especially in these quarantine days) but Armagan had said on multiple occasions that the game is pretty much ready, there are just some polishing and performance issues that need to be addressed... and this is the big one: Obscure bugs that require a bunch of people to find because the game is so vast.

However... There have been a lot of bugs and crashes that occur throughout the early stages of this EA that wouldn't take an enormous QA team to find. There are a lot of irregularities, some game breaking ones, that would (and should) have been discovered by a single person playing this game, that were not addressed before EA.

This, coupled with the fact that we saw siege videos months (and even years) ago showing AI troops adequately, heck dare I say adeptly, scaling walls... But here, in the EA build, that is not the case. WE HAVE AI TROOPS THAT CANT CLIMB LADDERS OR EVEN SIEGE RAMPS.... RAMPS.

It makes a person start to wonder... What the heck is going on? However, I truly don't think anyone should be angry about this either way.

Yes it's EA... but it's not exactly in the state some may have been led to believe... And yes it's in EA... it's not going to be as complete and as smooth and as awesome as you may like.

BUT IT'S IN OUR HANDS AND WE CAN, IN SOME SMALL WAY, HELP THE DEVELOPMENT PROCESS OF THE GAME FRANCHISE WE LOVE!

I know this but I think and come to the conclusion for months they were saying "polishing" "polishing" "polishing". What happened to those? I'm not trolling. Did they lie? What is this?
I have no idea what time line you are refering to due they announced they would develop a new engine in late 2017:

And since then they've been writing everything again for the new engine from scratch for two and half years which is why singleplayer isn't polished at all right now as they didn't have time for that!! Perhaps you are confusing multiplayer announcements with singleplayer as multiplayer beta tests started several months ago and they've done some polishing but again not enough apparently..

However... There have been a lot of bugs and crashes that occur throughout the early stages of this EA that wouldn't take an enormous QA team to find. There are a lot of irregularities, some game breaking ones, that would (and should) have been discovered by a single person playing this game, that were not addressed before EA.

I mostly agree your comment expect this part as i've been playing since the release and i didn't experience any crashes or game braking issues until 1.0.6 i think when i experienced my first crash but i was also using chrome with a lot of tabs so i think it was not enough ram crash instead of a bug but even then it could be improved with optimizing. About AI sure, it needs a lot of work but i never ever saw them failing to use ramps even if i played dozens of sieges so what i mean it is completely false claiming ''one single person'' could find those bugs and issues rather very serious testing is needed!! We all want a bug free and fun Bannerlord, right? Then we must report those bugs with enough information as possible so devs could fix them sooner but nope, some people act like complaining for the sake of complaining would fix everything which is just ridiculous!! But it is nice to see many people disagree and perhaps we should focus on reporting things instead of wasting time poorly here..

@Karl_Magnus Thats exactly the point I was thinking about because this team was small at the beginning the engine is selfmade and its a really really big endevour to create something like this if you aren't ultra pro.

"Everything"? No.

But in my honest opinion, none of the problems I've seen with the game fall under the category of "not excusable by EA" yet. Hell, some of them are things I've seen crop up in *final release* from other companies.

Back
Top Bottom