Already looking forward to a Napoleonic DLC. Soon I hope!

Would you like it?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

I don't find the time period all that appealing, and standing in line, facing each other out in the open, while listening to a jackass rich boy, that happens to be a son of a nobleman, giving you commands when to use the musket, that he never in his life wielded, and which you tended to better than your own wife, is just not fun for me.
There were plenty of napoleonic mods for warband, some were even better than the DLC, so it's bound to happen, through a mod, or an official DLC, but it's still months, if not years in the future.
There's gonna be something for everyone, that's for sure, given how modding the game has become a lot, lot, easier than before.

That Warband DLC was awesome. It would be great to see a similar mod/dlc for Bannerlord.

Afaik Napoleonic DLC stemmed from the very popular mod of this era. So until mod tools and dedicated server tools are released to the community, I doubt we will see any progress towards that. Its still too early for that.

I don't find the time period all that appealing, and standing in line, facing each other out in the open, while listening to a jackass rich boy, that happens to be a son of a nobleman, giving you commands when to use the musket, that he never in his life wielded, and which you tended to better than your own wife,

Being a soldier and being an officer are two very different trades, and they don't require the same skills. An office doesn't need to "wield", he only needs experience as an officer. That doesn't mean that officers shouldn't know how to fight, but it's not required, and a general who fights is often endangering his army more often than not.

It was in the Revolutionary Wars when, precisely, this was more apparent. Suddenly anyone could enter the officer corps, and thousands of commoners with skills in leadership, not blue blood or lineage, became some of the best army commanders ever seen until that point. The sheer amount of excellence inside of Napoleon's tent, the brilliance of most of his Marshals, of whom more than half were sons of tradesmen, peasants and artisans instead of nobles, is astonishing.

That said, I don't look forward to a Napoleonic DLC. I'm not in love with that style of combat, even if I'm very much interested in the period.

I'd rather choose a different time period or setting. The community is what powered NW forward, and they could do that in more interesting environment that allows ample RP but has more interactive gameplay.

NW line battles are incredibly boring. You stand in line. You walk in line. If I wanted that I'd go back to kindergarten.

A tiny fraction of an NW line battle is active aiming/shooting, which is immediately followed by 10 years long reloading animations. The group fights are okay, but made worse by there being 2 attack directions and that everyone is practically the same unit as each other.

Additionally, from a competitive standpoint, standing together in a large collective blob is the single worst thing you can do against inaccurate weapons.

Last edited:
Being a soldier and being an officer are two very different trades, and they don't require the same skills. An office doesn't need to "wield", he only needs experience as an officer. That doesn't mean that officers shouldn't know how to fight, but it's not required, and a general who fights is often endangering his army more often than not.

It was in the Revolutionary Wars when, precisely, this was more apparent. Suddenly anyone could enter the officer corps, and thousands of commoners with skills in leadership, not blue blood or lineage, became some of the best army commanders ever seen until that point. The sheer amount of excellence inside of Napoleon's tent, the brilliance of most of his Marshals, of whom more than half were sons of tradesmen, peasants and artisans instead of nobles, is astonishing.

That said, I don't look forward to a Napoleonic DLC. I'm not in love with that style of combat, even if I'm very much interested in the period.
Couldn't agree more

Too soon to be thinking DLC in my opinion. I think maybe in 3 years or so. The game is suppose to be slated for final release next year so then from that point, you'd think maybe 2 years until DLC talk.

A big NO, Bannerlord DLC should revolve around expanding Bannerlord and adding new factions and hopefully sea travel, ship battles, Sea trade where you can own ships. Not to knock Napoleonic, but Bannerlord is too big of a game for unrelated crap like that. However Napoleonic probably deserves its own game title with a singleplayer campaign.

I'm just looking forward to an Europe mod

A big NO, Bannerlord DLC should revolve around expanding Bannerlord and adding new factions and hopefully sea travel, ship battles, Sea trade where you can own ships. Not to knock Napoleonic, but Bannerlord is too big of a game for unrelated crap like that. However Napoleonic probably deserves its own game title with a singleplayer campaign.
No, those should be updates and not DLC

Last edited by a moderator:
No, those should be updates and not DLC

I disagree and unrelated content would be a terrible business decision. Bannerlord is a successful product and they can't continue to treat it like an indie game. I'm all for mod support and have played tons of mods, but at the end of the day I would prefer to see expansions geared towards expanding the base single player experience.

I have to say nay not because i woudnt like it, nor because i didnt like the dlc for Warband: in fact, i loved the dlc for Warband and its basically all i played in multiplayer for years.

However, i gotta say nay because of Hold Fast. The DLC would be too similar to Hold Fast, its better if a Bannerlord DLC then approaches different settings/periods.

Back
Top Bottom