So many ways to lose relationship with lords, yet so few ways to gain

Users who are viewing this thread

It’s so weird. I have -46 relationship with my king’s clan and I have no idea why. Didn’t do shady ****, didn’t murder any noble, voted for him mostly.. doesn’t make sense.

Yeah I noticed I had -16 with mine for some reason, however, I guess if you don't burn influence every damn time something comes up to vote on, you lose relationship with everyone. Worse, sometimes I miss the notification for a castle or town and don't even know to vote.

Also, I have had times when I have just become a vassal where I don't even have enough influence to vote even if I wanted to which means I lose relationship. I mean if you are forced to participate in votes you should at least have the option of saying you support something even if you don't have any influence to...well influence the vote.

I farmed reputation with a faction I was at war with, just kept fighting and releasing the same people and they love me. My boss (I'm a Merc) hates me, and it gets lower over time. He got captured by bandits and I rescued him and nothing.

I farmed reputation with a faction I was at war with, just kept fighting and releasing the same people and they love me. My boss (I'm a Merc) hates me, and it gets lower over time. He got captured by bandits and I rescued him and nothing.
Yeah, its easier to farm relationships with your enemies than your immediate family..

Yeah, its easier to farm relationships with your enemies than your immediate family..

Hold up, that part is realistic! :p

In seriousness +1.

I could see feasts and noble tournaments (where only nobles may take part) being added with changing relations based on that. Otherwise more actions should give relationship changes, if there are many ways to get negative there should be plenty to be positive from helping out in combat, sieges etc., giving other nobles part of your troops, money and probably there should be long term trends if you have certain relations (e.g. you are married into a clan)

What about good relations with those you trade with or do dealings with and are on a good side with as opposed to those that hate your guts and want to see you burn?
Would also like to imrpove the options for giving fiefs because it's really hard to balance opinions when all of them hate you yet will like you +3 for giving them a whole city that could've just given you thousands of gold each day.

Totally agree! Brothers in Arms is the strongest way to gain friendship, and fealty. The fact the game doesn't even reward that in the smallest sense, LOSES ALL IMMERSION

- I've conquered a town
- Granted this town to a vassal of mine
- Spent nearly 500 influence points to increase this vassal relationship with me
- He switches side to an enemy kingdom
- I take back the town at the cost of my entire army
- I capture the lord and execute him and his 3 grown up, army-leading sons
- Now I have -100 realtionship with 60% of the Lords in the game.

That ****ing sucks. I can't grow my kingdom anymore because the others 40% already hate me for leaving Vladian with my fiefs. Making a lord that doesn't like you join your kingdom requires like 1 million gold each. I'm looking for a cheat code to reset all my relationships to 0. Anyone?

I will just copy and paste my thread here:

So I am at the point I can raise a large army, however I had left my vassal position in a previous kingdom because they were being wiped out the map. The result is every lord hates me and I realized I have no way of increasing relations with another kingdom besides being them and letting them go, which is an issue when my king still hates me and I want to be his vassal.

I was suggesting maybe making it were in battles fought with lords in their army improves by 1 for each battle. As it is no it only see seems to work randomly if you are outside the army and just assist them. Also giving gifts should improve relation as well. I Remember in Warband the king would like you more for each battle won against the enemy, why can't that be implied as well?

+1

I realise the game is a work in progress, but it seems incredible that there are so many ways to lose relationship, without a corresponding number of ways to gain it.

I save a lord's army, I don't get any relationship, I defend another lord's fielf, no relationship gain. I convince an enemy to defect to our kingdom, our vassals hate me more. Marry a lady, relationship resets to 0. Currently I couldn't even find a way to increase relationships with your spouse. There are thousand unnecessary ways to lose relationships but so few options to gain some. Devs should tweak this in my opinion. Its really simple even. Warband was better in this aspect.
+1
Warband was a bit better in "managing" relationship. I totaly agree with what you said.

It’s so weird. I have -46 relationship with my king’s clan and I have no idea why. Didn’t do shady ****, didn’t murder any noble, voted for him mostly.. doesn’t make sense.

I also had -50 something relationship with the king for no real reasons like you... saved his armies and his friends armies, defended city and attacking castle as the realms keeps getting at war with every single realms at once ( the king declared war with Vlandians while been at war with all the other realms) i had to be release from my oath that it was so unplayable, especially with the support of no one :smile:
But anyway back to the subject, relationship need to be fixed as it's a big "brake" to state of the game right now, it ad a RP aspect in the game and depth to the story line.
Take care.

The easiest way to get negative relations with your king is through ownership votes. I played a Vlandian lord, went from +85 to -60 with Derthbert through some very incautious votes over castle ownership. I regained it very quickly the same way. The you can gain a LOT of standing with lords though playing politics with the ownership votes. The gains you get for supporting a lord to gain ownership, even if they don't get the castle, outweigh the losses through not supporting them. I voted for a lord that I had -55 standing with to get a city over another lord who I had +100 standing with, and the result of throwing 300 Influence behind the -55 lord gave me 85 of gain with him, and only 15 points of loss with the +100.

Gotta play politics, its in there.

Here's the fun thing. If your standing with the king is high enough, even when you throw influence against yourself in castle votes, you are more often than not still granted the castle, and you get the balance gains supporting the losers.

+1 for the thread; I am pretty sure that relationships and diplomacy are still in development.

People switch sides, then leave even after getting major favors from the ruler. I just saw a clan leader leave after my ruler gave him at least one city and three or four castles.

Not gaining relations when you save their arses is pretty annoying and it is far easier to gain relations with factions you are at war with than your own which is.......

Of course that is work in progress, things related to relations and socialization in the game are still in rudimentary state.

But that means you can think of some ways things should work, and maybe something of that will be implemented!

That ****ing sucks. I can't grow my kingdom anymore because the others 40% already hate me for leaving Vladian with my fiefs. Making a lord that doesn't like you join your kingdom requires like 1 million gold each. I'm looking for a cheat code to reset all my relationships to 0. Anyone?
In my experience lords are treacherous scoundrels, and you can buy them with any relations (and lose too), the cost is determined maybe by the relative power of your kingdoms?
I had to buy my first lords with good relations at 1 million price (Western Empire snowballed everything, and my kingdom was around 3-4 towns earned by siege-and-peace tactics). Now I buy lords with -100 relation (I was forced to execute anyone I can) for the cheapest amount (move slider for 1 pixel) or for free at all.
For now the only thing that goes bad with relations - you can not enter their castles (to drop off prisoners). Before I had some lords with better than -100 relations, and if I needed the entry to castle, I just chased the ungrateful brat away, and given the castle to another (:
Now I execute prisoners anyway.

Being unable to influence your spouse. I went to -1 upon marrying her, and consequently have no ability to raise it whatsoever -- she refuses to even play board games. Ouch.
Oh yeah! And you will have no friends to play with! X)

Back
Top Bottom