Main quest expired?

Users who are viewing this thread

So I am a Vlandian vassal with 2 cities and I haven't really put the main quest as a priority but I talked tot he lords about the battle of Pendraic whenever I met them. Then I had to meet two characters and talk to them. I talked tot he woman but I selected the option that I would think about what cause should I support. Some time passed and I saw an update on the quest that they moved in some hideouts. I didn't investigate further as I had to defend my cities against the Khuzaits. There was no time limit on the quests so I thought I could do them whenever I had the time. But several days later I got a message that the quests expired and I don't have anything active.

Is that it? I missed the only chance to make my own kingdom? I know it's not fully functional but still would have been nice to let players get to that point in their own time.

So I am a Vlandian vassal with 2 cities and I haven't really put the main quest as a priority but I talked tot he lords about the battle of Pendraic whenever I met them. Then I had to meet two characters and talk to them. I talked tot he woman but I selected the option that I would think about what cause should I support. Some time passed and I saw an update on the quest that they moved in some hideouts. I didn't investigate further as I had to defend my cities against the Khuzaits. There was no time limit on the quests so I thought I could do them whenever I had the time. But several days later I got a message that the quests expired and I don't have anything active.

Is that it? I missed the only chance to make my own kingdom? I know it's not fully functional but still would have been nice to let players get to that point in their own time.
Yes, and that appears to be an intentional design. If you open your quest log now and look at the completed quests, all of those starter quests will now say, "You couldn't complete this in 10 years!" so they're over and done with now. Unfortunately, unless you load an older save, you're boned on that campaign for starting your own kingdom. (I had to roll back myself.)

You were ---> | | this close to having your own kingdom. All you had left to do was talk to the other guy, raid two bandit camps, quit your current faction, and seize a small castle somewhere. Then you'd just turn in the quest and you'd have your own kingdom. Then you get to the part that isn't finished yet, where you'll get a quest telling you whichever of those two you didn't side with is starting a conspiracy against you and you get a quest to stop it. (You can't right now, it's not done. That's where they left off.) And that particular quest will also fail at the 10 year mark, and it's bugged in my campaign to where it opens every month on the first day and automatically fails again. lol.

But yes, it's very annoying that the game doesn't warn you that you only have 10 years to finish it.

Well, I didn't really have the intention to make a kingdom knowing how it's lacking much of its functionality. However, would my heir be able to create kingdom?

Back
Top Bottom