Users who are viewing this thread

I AM CHANGING SOME PLANS! The era (1890s) will stay the same, however, I decided to change the setting to Calradia. This will give me more artistic freedom and you'll be able to see how Swadia is doing in 1890.
There will still be cowboys and a "frontier"- the east will be expanded

I
mountgun_logo_moddb.1.png

The year's 1892, and the people of the United States did not think the 19th century was going to get any worse. Around 2,000 or so miles northwest of the 3-year-old state of Washington lies a territory known as Alaska. In this alternative history, the Russian Empire never sold Alaska to the United States; Alaska wasn't just a territory. It was Russian territory. The end-of-the-century's political climate is rather toxic, and it's at the point where tensions are so high there are talks of war. Mount & Gun is a total-conversion mod that places the player in an alternative timeline, in the year 1892. It will feature both singleplayer and multiplayer.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Thanks for stopping by!
And thank you TaleWorlds for finally releasing the damn game!

Mod DB
Discord Invite
Mount & Gun is currently only developed by one guy, which is me, rergat. I'm quite a novice across all fields (coding/scripting, modelling, etc), but I have the experience and free-time (somewhat) to create a total-conversion mod for my now favorite game.. I am totally open to working with people, if you're interested just shoot me a message. I'd prefer it if you knew something technical though, such as modelling, sound, music, etc. but if all you can contribute are ideas or suggestions, definitely leave a comment or message me.

TaleWorld's hasn't released the development kit just yet, it'll probably be ready in a year or so. Not sure. That's okay though, definitely does not halt development. The game is still moddable right now anyways, and people don't need the development kit to make models, sounds, and all the other types of content for a game. Thanks to Corona, I have a TON of free time. Expect updates pretty soon, of fully rendered models and what not.

Stay safe!

Last edited:
Something I wrote to a dude in the discord for anyone who's wondering (all this info will be put together in a structured article eventually.)

"So, first off there's going to be the Russian Empire and the United States; however, within the United States there's going to be two cultures. At the beginning of the single player campaign, the 2nd culture (the south) will have no "kingdom", however it's "lords" (generals/leaders) will still be roaming around trying to make the "south rise again". This also means that if you recruit troops in the southern USA, they will be southern troops; they will have poorer equipment (single-load rifles for example instead of lever-action/bolt) but will cost less.
So in the campaign there's always going to be a random chance the south will rise again, lol. So players are going to be having to deal with Russia (if they're playing american) awhile dealing with a civil war
United States, Southern United States, Canada, Russia, Mexico, some Native American tribes, Alaskan Natives
Of course there's also going to be outlaws
and I might include mercenary troops from other countries, like Brazil for example, or Germany/France you get the idea."

Thoughts on the gun mechanics?
I feel like some might raise an eyebrow at how manually-cycled guns (single loaders, single action revolvers, lever actions, bolt action, etc) will work. I just really want to keep the Mount & Blade feel (It's how it worked in Napoleonic Wars.). It's definitely going to look/feel a lot more natural once played/watched (I plan on uploading videos when the time comes.), and you can already see how it feels right now as it's the same exact mechanic in vanilla, just instead of pulling a lever and cycling a bullet the character's grabbing an arrow from his/her quiver.

Or is holding down right click to aim, and left clicking better? These are the more traditional controls

Loving your ideas so far! If you take a crossbow for example, having to use the same key to aim and shoot with releasing is quite punishing and not great for guns, because this means if you started to aim but want to cancel, you have to cheesily change your weapon to stop aiming, because if you release, boom, your shooting.

Loving your ideas so far! If you take a crossbow for example, having to use the same key to aim and shoot with releasing is quite punishing and not great for guns, because this means if you started to aim but want to cancel, you have to cheesily change your weapon to stop aiming, because if you release, boom, your shooting.

Reply to an old post, but I hope you are aware that you can press RMB to cancel shooting.

Back
Top Bottom