Ehh refunded it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. I feel bad for people that lack knowledge enough to believe this. I ain't blaming them, we all have different levels of knowledge about stuff. Not a problem. The problem comes when they start playing Chinese Telephone with other people that lack the knowledge and then those poor guys get scared out of playing good games. Telling you right now, guys, this doesn't happen. Hardware, software, motherboards, all of them have fail safes to keep that kind of damage from being done all at once.

Not to play devil's advocate, but I had a game fry my GPU a few years back. It is definitely not common and I strongly doubt that Bannerlord can do that, but it can happen. In that case there was a bug in their vsync.

You seem to have mistake the usage of the term here. I'm referring to the "dumbing down" of the Features/UI/Skill System Specifically for the eventual console port. Similar to how the UI of the Elder Scrolls Oblivion was changed greatly from Morrowind.

Then again from your response I take it you play a lot of console games.... <cough>

I am not sure what you are trying to accomplish here. Care to elaborate on that? Because just complaining for the sake of complaining is not very useful.

Not to play devil's advocate, but I had a game fry my GPU a few years back. It is definitely not common and I strongly doubt that Bannerlord can do that, but it can happen. In that case there was a bug in their vsync.

I am not sure what you are trying to accomplish here. Care to elaborate on that? Because just complaining for the sake of complaining is not very useful.
That wouldn't be the games fault. That would be your own lack of fan speed management and awareness of it being BROKEN. It would freeze and crash when exceding a certain temp. If that didnt happen, your motherboard or video card is to blame, not the game.

Nothing you've said about the game is true for everyone, which means it's a you problem. Sucks to be you. By the way, shut the **** up with that "dumbed down for console players" bull****. I know console players three times as smart and five times as skilled as any PC pro. I'm sick of hearing this overused line.

Thank you. I feel bad for people that lack knowledge enough to believe this. I ain't blaming them, we all have different levels of knowledge about stuff. Not a problem. The problem comes when they start playing Chinese Telephone with other people that lack the knowledge and then those poor guys get scared out of playing good games. Telling you right now, guys, this doesn't happen. Hardware, software, motherboards, all of them have fail safes to keep that kind of damage from being done all at once.
That wouldn't be the games fault. That would be your own lack of fan speed management and awareness of it being BROKEN. It would freeze and crash when exceding a certain temp. If that didnt happen, your motherboard or video card is to blame, not the game.

Sounds like the logic of "it's not the fire's fault it's your fault for not having an extinguisher."

Sounds like the logic of "it's not the fire's fault it's your fault for not having an extinguisher."
If your computer cant do what they're built to do since 1975, I dont see how you can blame a game for burning your gpu... Next time, don't overclock if youre a noob.

Simply saying lots of things invented for a task tend to break as well while simply doing that task.

That's an odd statement, literally everything does. It's likely bypassed safeties, poor maintenance, dirty fans or heat exchangers or manufacturers imperfections that cause failure. Not the task it was designed to do.

Tires beg to differ.
You’re really comparing Tires (literal single function objects) to computers which have multiple systems that are intertwined with many fail safes and checks/balances. Computers are made to run programs, faulty programs can’t break a computer in the same way a toaster(which is made to toast food) cant be broken by a piece of bread in the toaster. Now if you allow the toaster to overheat and it catches fire then it’ll be broken in the same way a computer can be broken if you let the parts literally melt. I hope those analogies clear it up for you, I tried to make them as simple as possible

You’re really comparing Tires (literal single function objects) to computers which have multiple systems that are intertwined with many fail safes and checks/balances. Computers are made to run programs, faulty programs can’t break a computer in the same way a toaster(which is made to toast food) cant be broken by a piece of bread in the toaster. Now if you allow the toaster to overheat and it catches fire then it’ll be broken in the same way a computer can be broken if you let the parts literally melt. I hope those analogies clear it up for you, I tried to make them as simple as possible

Ever seen what bitcoin mining does to GPUs?

Sigh. No, it was a known bug with that particular game, and probably the driver of my gpu, that caused that to happen to several people. I just regret that I do not remember the name of the game or I would be able to link gog threads.

Anyway, since you seem to be taking this personally, yeah you are right, I must have imagined what happened to me. I don't know what I was thinking.

I am assuming a lot the issues I find with the game is a result it actually being an early access game. There are a lot of things that seem really empty right now, like marriage, but I'd imagine that will change as more features are added.

Been here for a hell of a long time lurking. Got to say I've never been this disappointed in a game. Terrible performance. Terrible controls.
It feels like Warband got dumbed down for console players.
I think this is like the second or third post from you stating that you have refunded the game. I'm humored that you think complaining about your personal experience is going to be of any use for those that wish to see this early access game become what it is meant to be, that's the whole point of early access, but I assume you might be tired of hearing people say that it is. News flash, the game is in early access.

I personally have had an amazing 120+ hours so far exploring everything in this game.

most people just return games/products and move on with their life. we all have different experiences. he is posting for attention. just stop replying to this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom