Users who are viewing this thread

One of the most loved features in the mods of Warband was the posiblity of making your own Troop trees, giving them the armor and weapons you wanted to enhance your play style, i was really sad to found that this feature was not included in the base game since in medieval armies nobles always equiped their armies at their will
I mean, i love what you did with the vanilla troops trees, but sometimes i want to expand my gameplay and this is one of the best ways to do it

+1

Although this would take resources away from more important things at the moment, I'd still like to see this as a feature at some point. This was one of my favorite parts of the Native Gold mod for Warband. And it added to the overall feel of creating your own army and leading it how you wanted to do so, etc.

It would make the game so much better/ more immersive if once you established a kingdom you could select what the generic troops recruited from your lands have equipped. They would wield the swords you want and the bows you want and the shields you want. They would all dress in the uniform that you select for your kingdom or for the group they are in within your kingdom. I feel like every other kingdom has unique troops and weapons which makes their charge at you all the more realistic and fun. Whereas our army looks like a ragtag team of random recruits/ mercenaries instead of one cohesive force. For example I want my archers all to look the same and use the same type of Bow. It would look a lot more like a true empire.

For instance you could take over a fief and there could be two recruitment places: 1. the normal recruitment page where we already get our troops from notables where you could get troops from the local region you are in and 2. a "drill sergeant" page where your official empire troops are trained and available to recruit. Your official empire troops would be customizable at each tier (from recruit tier 1 to tier 6 troop) and the more you add to them (weapons, armor, skills, perks, etc...) the more expensive they are. I just think the game would really benefit from this immersionwise because it would feel so much more like YOUR army that you built and control and are able to test the strength of against other kingdoms' established forces and not a bunch of random soldiers that you threw together just to have enough men to fight. Right now it feels like my kingdom's forces are entirely just a bunch of random mercenaries of whoever I could find at the time/region I am in and not a true professional army like all the other kingdoms have. Please add this feature! I think the community would love it!

FYI to anyone that also want this, until they implement this idea I used a mod that increases the companion limit and then added 100 companions to my army. Dressed them all in the same armor and outfited them with the weapons I wanted. Got rid of all my other troops. Now whenever I fight I have my army that I designed backing me up and it looks so cool!

When you created your own kingdom, you could create your own troop tree: slots to fill creating the equipment for every troop tier, its abilities and depending on the equipment, its cost, in which units will be able to evolve to, etc.

This troop tree was part of your culture, which once conquered a settlement (town, village) and after a while (being able to invest in culture conversion). You were able to recruit your own troops in your faction's settlements.

This was in a mod for Warband: https://www.moddb.com/mods/custom-troop-trees

Last edited:
+1 (pop had such a feature - it was poor made, but still it was at least smth, and oh boy it was fun to choose what weapons and characteristics each tier of troops could wear when having own kingdom.)

I have played many mods that include a custom troops feature in them (warband) and would like to see it added to the game. For balance it could be added as a player factions only feature, specifically if the player founds their own kingdom. Then you would pick the skills that would receive the bonus to proficiency and if possible pick the perks for each combat related skill. the equipment available to be used would be linked to your cultural background and the troops tier. meaning tier one troops can use up to tier gear going to your special unit/tier 6 unit that can be equipped with tier six gear.

This was in a mod for Warband: https://www.moddb.com/mods/custom-troop-trees

When you created your own kingdom, you could create your own troop tree: slots to fill creating the equipment for every troop tier, its abilities and depending on the equipment, its cost, in which units will be able to evolve to, etc.

This troop tree was part of your culture, which once conquered a settlement (town, village) and after a while (being able to invest in culture conversion). You were able to recruit your own troops in your faction's settlements.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom