SP Top Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Count Delinard

Lord of Uxkhal
Global Moderator
cg76e.png

This thread will compile similar threads by category so that the community and the developers can easily find relevant discussions and we can together hopefully improve the quality of the game overall.

Threads will be evaluated by the moderation staff internally using set criteria:
Top Activity features threads that reach 30+ organic non-spam replies and 500 views OR 50+ voters on that thread's poll.

Threads which meet set activity levels will be included as a matter of course. If you do not see your thread here and think it should be included, please leave a comment and link and we'll review it.

Check out the 'MP Suggestions' here.

Go to Index

Top Activity

18ZLl.png

D8N70.png

Return to Index

s7szm.png

Return to Index

xCNEI.png

Return to Index

UoASW.png

Return to Index

nxMkv.png

Return to Index

LoCXY.png

Return to Index

S_N8C.png

Return to Index

Z3dct.png

Return to Index

lhQZk.png

Return to Index

Thanks @Piconi for the title & @Terco_Viejo for the graphics! :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Curated

Top Curated features threads chosen either by the community notables or the moderation team.

18ZLl.png

D8N70.png

Return to Index

s7szm.png

Return to Index

xCNEI.png

Return to Index

UoASW.png

Return to Index

nxMkv.png

Return to Index

LoCXY.png

Return to Index

S_N8C.png

Return to Index

Z3dct.png

Return to Index

lhQZk.png

Return to Index

? Announcements ?​

@Piconi and @GG Cannon will now have a new special role, we call it "Community Notable". They will not be performing moderator duties, but they will be in charge of moving, merging and editing threads in the feedback board to make sure they are the best they can be and that great ideas reach the Developers more easily :smile:

We will also be making changes to this thread, it'll now feature different criteria to get threads into the OP, it will all be managed by @GG Cannon and @Piconi.

We hope this will make things better for everyone!

We will be splitting the Top Feedbacks into two separate lists.

• Top Activity will feature threads that reach 30+ organic non-spam replies and 500 views OR 50+ voters on that thread's poll.
  • Top Curated will feature threads chosen either by the community notables or the moderation team.

You can now formally suggest threads or request a review by leaving a reply in this thread using the template below:

• Thread title: <Linked title>
  • Category:
  • Why should it be featured in this thread:
  • Brief summary (maximum 100 words):
  • Does it meet Top Activity criteria?

Top Activity
1. Campaign
1.b Economy
1.d Quests
1.e World Map
2. Scenes
3. UI
4. Custom Battle
Compilation Threads

Top Curated
1. Campaign
1.b Economy
1.d Quests
1.e World Map
2. Scenes
3. UI
4. Custom Battle
Compilation Threads

Im a bit confused. Hideout: Improved interactions is not made by me.

You made a thread about Hideouts that had a very interesting flowchart. Since the topic of VonBlackhart's thread was similar, the threads were merged. We credited both of you since you both initiated OPs to that regard.

When your threads attract more activity from fellow forumnites we'll consider them :smile:

When your threads attract more activity from fellow forumnites we'll consider them :smile:
Doesn't that bias what gets included here towards more controversial threads? Most people don't post if they simply agree or the main post encompasses the idea fully (beyond the occasional "+1" comment). I would think that majority of the best suggestions are those that aren't controversial and generating a ton of back-and-forth.

Certain number of replies, number of views need to be achieved for a thread to have its spot here. Otherwise it would be the same as just sifting through each and every 1-post thread, which would basically kill the point of this initiative.

Doesn't that bias what gets included here towards more controversial threads? Most people don't post if they simply agree or the main post encompasses the idea fully (beyond the occasional "+1" comment). I would think that majority of the best suggestions are those that aren't controversial and generating a ton of back-and-forth.

I see what you mean, and initially we planned to do exactly that: adding all suggestions. The problem as Piconi mentioned himself is that there are more than 10,000 threads for BL already, more than half of them giving feedback or suggestions, if we were to include every single thread we would not only be replicating the entire forums inside a thread, but also it’s impossible for our team to catch up, let alone stay up to date with every 1 post thread out there.

We do not necessarily agree with every suggestion you’ll see in this thread, but these are the ones the community has cared the most about so far in terms of a combination between views and replies.

Finally, many of these are not controversial at all! But instead have lots of players discussing further ways to improve the original idea or debating on alternatives :smile:

I see what you mean, and initially we planned to do exactly that: adding all suggestions. The problem as Piconi mentioned himself is that there are more than 10,000 threads for BL already, more than half of them giving feedback or suggestions, if we were to include every single thread we would not only be replicating the entire forums inside a thread, but also it’s impossible for our team to catch up, let alone stay up to date with every 1 post thread out there.

We do not necessarily agree with every suggestion you’ll see in this thread, but these are the ones the community has cared the most about so far in terms of a combination between views and replies.

Finally, many of these are not controversial at all! But instead have lots of players discussing further ways to improve the original idea or debating on alternatives :smile:

While I completely agree that the moderation team is put into a nearly impossible situation with the traction the game has gotten, I'd be very surprised if you'll ever find a UI thread that matches your criteria, for example.

Now I'm not sure how the connection to the developers is, whether the threads in here will more likely be seen than threads inside the relevant subforums, or they'll also check these out (especially when they're organized as neatly as the ones in the UI subforum), but generating more clout and making desperately needed UI improvements more visible and more prioritized for the development process is a hill I'm willing to die on.

I'm just not sure it will ever be possible to make many of these improvements as widely recognized as things in any other category, since, as I've said in another thread, UI just isn't sexy and doesn't give us more content. And most of it doesn't even really warrant any discussion.

Ideally we would need to know what is being worked on a bit more in-depth (aside from the known bugs & issues), but I also realize that this communication can't really be a priority right now. Well, its hard. I appreciate what you guys are doing anyway.

These threads are suggestions I wrote.
I wrote them for both singleplayer and multiplayer.

The first thread is inherent to the method with which the buttons are pressed and to the number of mechanics that a single button can have.
2 MODES WITH 1 BUTTON mechanic related section: UI

These 4 threads take advantage of the mechanics described above, in the first thread.
Specifically, the first 2 of these 4 threads suggest a way to give orders and a way to create formations and orders (for customization).
NEW WAR ORDER system related section: UI
CREATE FORMATION AND TACTICAL ORDERS system related section: UI

The third is inherent to the movement system and uses the 2M1B mechanics to add such movement mechanics: hopping / jumping, crouch / squatting, dash / step-dodge (described in the 4th thread)
The fourth thread is the step-dodge formulated to be realistic, not spectacular at all and to balance the game.
ADD NEW MOVEMENT MECHANICS related section: battles and sieges
NON-SPAMABLE DIRECTIONAL STEP-DODGE suggestion related section: battles and sieges

Above I saw that there is a suggestion inherent in fate that javelins should make shields unusable.
I opened the thread and noticed that the request itself has little content.
I had written a thread that instead fulfills that request but balances the relationships of speed, strength and utility between archers, skirmishers and infantry.
I ask most to add this thread close below that of the other user, or at least to judge it worthy of being there after looking at it.
SHIELD+STUCKED PROJECTILE = ENCUMBRANCE related section: battles and sieges, near thread "javelin:should render shields useless"

This thread has many purposes and involves many areas, and the intent with which I wrote it was to put a stop to the "snowball" effect.
Eventually he ended up developing a system that does much more.
There are also videos, suggested by other forum members, of the youtube user: invicta.
deals with the following topics:
resources, economy, camps, quests,pesonal/clans relations,factions relations, UI, war, balancing.
LOGISTICS AND SUPPLY LINES and WARFARE(singleplayer) related section: world map,economy,quests,UI

This thread deals with impacts and their balance.
HORSE,INFANTRY AND IMPACTS related section:battles and sieges

This thread wants to offer more possibilities to those who use very long and therefore slow two-handed weapons, without taking anything away from what you already have.
2-H spear,side attacks, fast and heavy attacks related section: battles and sieges

And here is the megathread with these grouped threads and others, some for the multyplayer.
MEGATHREA: my suggestions related section:complilation threads

I will soon complete a suggestion thread about the forging and deterioration of the equipment and linking it to the economy
Tell me if I have done well to link my threads to you and if they can be useful.
I tried to suggest methods for the realization trying to reuse assets that you already have, so I try to simplify your work for what I can, not just asking without contributing.
I still have a thread work in progress concerning the forging, the deterioration of the equipment (without being tedious) and the economy (so as to balance the prices as well as balance the usefulness of the various armor).
As soon as I finish it, I'll post it and give you the link if you tell me I'm doing well.

Last edited:
While I completely agree that the moderation team is put into a nearly impossible situation with the traction the game has gotten, I'd be very surprised if you'll ever find a UI thread that matches your criteria, for example.

Now I'm not sure how the connection to the developers is, whether the threads in here will more likely be seen than threads inside the relevant subforums, or they'll also check these out (especially when they're organized as neatly as the ones in the UI subforum), but generating more clout and making desperately needed UI improvements more visible and more prioritized for the development process is a hill I'm willing to die on.

I'm just not sure it will ever be possible to make many of these improvements as widely recognized as things in any other category, since, as I've said in another thread, UI just isn't sexy and doesn't give us more content. And most of it doesn't even really warrant any discussion.

Ideally we would need to know what is being worked on a bit more in-depth (aside from the known bugs & issues), but I also realize that this communication can't really be a priority right now. Well, its hard. I appreciate what you guys are doing anyway.

Thanks, Johann, in due time we might consider lowering the activity thresholds for UI if that subforum indeed proves to be much less popular, you raised a valid point!

Please review my suggestions.

ADD NEW MOVEMENT MECHANICS related section: battles and sieges

Schoulayer and darksoulshin: Some of the threads you shared will be linked in the OP soon if they keep getting attention like they have so far :smile:

Please consider adding my thread about smithing.
One modder listened to my plea and added in his mod (improved smithing it is called) the ability to increase coal production and added bulk metal recipes, which already helped out a lot.
In this thread I analyze the current smithing recipes, their impact on the economy and player gaming experience and suggest a reasonable overhaul.

You made a thread about Hideouts that had a very interesting flowchart. Since the topic of VonBlackhart's thread was similar, the threads were merged. We credited both of you since you both initiated OPs to that regard.

I am confused as to why you would link this post instead of the one that actually offers a solution(the flow chart). I made a post that also offers the suggestion of letting you choose which troops to take with you. Ill link it below.

I am confused as to why you would link this post instead of the one that actually offers a solution(the flow chart). I made a post that also offers the suggestion of letting you choose which troops to take with you. Ill link it below.

They got merged and the other one was made before, that is why. They can always collaborate to improve their thread and include the flowchart in the OP themselves, we can't individually improve the quality of every single thread by ourselves :smile:

Back
Top Bottom