The M&B MP 'feel' from a veteran

Users who are viewing this thread

+1 to you.
MP almost feels boring in its current state. It seems like a completely different game from SP. The lack of modes, servers, and equipment selection are a big disappointment. It definitely needs to have modes like captain co-op and others from fire&sword.
I'd also love to see a "captain siege" mode!

Jesus Christ 100 hours... holy ****... just curious do you think attackers aren’t strong enough? I’ve noticed losing most of my attacking battles really quickly and easily winning as a defender. I feel people have been skipping over siege balance and would love if someone could tell me if they have the same problems as me

I don't think so much that siege is imbalanced but there are 2 problems with the attackers. For one, they treat the game like a team death-match (a majority of them anyways.) The second problem I noticed is most attackers always push straight down the middle. The better players flank far right or far left and have a much easier time in groups getting onto objectives.

Regardless even if attackers were trying their absolute best, you're still an attacker. I think the disadvantage feels at large right now because attackers don't attack properly, but even if they did there should still be a SLIGHT disadvantage since you are an attacker.

I don't think so much that siege is imbalanced but there are 2 problems with the attackers. For one, they treat the game like a team death-match (a majority of them anyways.) The second problem I noticed is most attackers always push straight down the middle. The better players flank far right or far left and have a much easier time in groups getting onto objectives.

Regardless even if attackers were trying their absolute best, you're still an attacker. I think the disadvantage feels at large right now because attackers don't attack properly, but even if they did there should still be a SLIGHT disadvantage since you are an attacker.
Really appreciate someone else’s feedback! In my mind however I feel like defenders should have an edge from my own experience in mount& siege and GK_Siege back in the day just because it feels better

I would also add that balance is all over the place.
1h weapons take 6-7 swings sometimes to kill where as 2handers can only in 2-3 swings.
Spears are wonky as hell (glance way too easily or miss when, from your point of view, you actually touched the target with the tip) and they barely work against horses. You really need to hit the frontal sweet spot to stop the horse, and even when you do, horses are just way too tanky and take off from a rearing almost instantly. etc. etc.

I would also add that balance is all over the place.
1h weapons take 6-7 swings sometimes to kill where as 2handers can only in 2-3 swings.
Spears are wonky as hell (glance way too easily or miss when, from your point of view, you actually touched the target with the tip) and they barely work against horses. You really need to hit the frontal sweet spot to stop the horse, and even when you do, horses are just way too tanky and take off from a rearing almost instantly. etc. etc.
I actually feel real guilt playing heavy cavalry. It needs a huge nerf

Bumping again. Not letting any of these well constructed threads go unnoticed, nor will I stop until MP is addressed by either Callum or a Dev, stating that they are working on fixing the mess we tried to stop them from creating for 8 months.

Oh forgot to add to my previous post:
->kick and shieldbash are essentially useless.
->Chambers only happen out of luck (I'v yet to see anybody reliably chamber).
->1h are too short and glance too often.
->Throwing weapons are OP as hell (using them with shields makes them the safest range option yet they deliver ridiculously high damage at a fast rate of fire that no bow or crossbow can dream of achieving).
->shields are unreliable against range and the 4 directional blocking is wonky. They should be back to the way they were in warband (facing lower would block lower, facing higher would block higher but the shield would always cover your body) because now, if you turn to face say an archer while initiating the block, you'll block on the side, keeping half your body exposed. Infuriating.
->Horses need to rear for longer, and when a horse dies, the horse rider needs to faceplant defenselessly for at least 3 sec (as long as when he bumps somebody). Atm, if your horse gets reared by a spear, you can almost instantly take off again. Also, a faceplanting horse rider can still almost instantly protect himself with a shield (even when still laying on the ground) and they faceplant so far away that the person killing his horse can't reach him before he stands back up. Because of those facts there's absolutely no risk atm from being unhorsed unless you faceplant into a wall immediatly after so the person that unhorsed you actually can reach you as you're laying on the ground for a single second.

Duels seem ****ed to me in Mount and Blade. Could just be me, of course. Just feels like they're a little too blunt or whatever. Too straightforward. It's a skill game, but not to the extent that duels feel right to me.

The individuality of customizing your character in a match is vitally important in my opinion. It's what made the experience so unique, as you could recognize other players by what they choose to where. This class based system with no customization feels SO shallow in comparison.

Duels seem ****ed to me in Mount and Blade. Could just be me, of course. Just feels like they're a little too blunt or whatever. Too straightforward. It's a skill game, but not to the extent that duels feel right to me.
You see that’s the thing people don’t get about duels was that that’s where the big boys played. People didn’t really do those crazy ass feints anywhere else, duels where were people could get a raw picture of how good one was at combat, like a proving ground of sorts. Duels are so important and I highly doubt bannerlord skill ceiling rn is high enough and duels would help us understand more about the combat

+1 here too, very much missing battle mode (with team damage pls; having only one life just added a lot of tension) and customization options. Being able to customize a class as alternative to the always same existing ones & something like individual coat of arms would be very nice. I'd also welcome a feature to make your clan-coat of arms like in SP for multiplayer clans. Playing MP now just feels so uniform and restrictive.

To add on top of this, the statement that the community will just fix it later; while true, is problematic. It forces a splitting of the community from native where those that enjoyed the advantages of the game modes are segmented from the fresh faces. Faces that may have enjoyed it as well and engrossed themselves in the community, had they been offered it natively which inhibits the pool of new people.

Im sure the community will add it, but it should have been native.

Just wanted to come back to this. Why though? Look at Arma3: The mods are being downloaded if and when you join the server. Same with DayZ, with a window popping up telling you the mods that are used and 1-click download and done. It doesn't have to be this "split" like in WB where you needed to go to moddb and first download, then extract to the right folder, then start the game and join the correct server. Idk whether it will work in BL this way but it could be, and then there's no split. Let's face it: whatever TW does will not make all happy, maybe not even most. Server-side mods are our best hope, and yes, I hope it will work like I just described, because a certain group of players will never go to an external source to download mods, I agree with this.

Look at Arma3: The mods are being downloaded if and when you join the server. Same with DayZ, with a window popping up telling you the mods that are used and 1-click download and done. It doesn't have to be this "split" like in WB where you needed to go to moddb and first download, then extract to the right folder, then start the game and join the correct server. Idk whether it will work in BL this way but it could be

It currently looks like Bannerlord will have the option to set which mods are active in the initial screen when you select between SP and MP, and that there will be a list you can download mods from. Basically the Total War method. In this respect it's better than Warband, but only slightly - you still have to specifically find the mod you want to download, download it manually, and ensure it is selected before joining a server.

It currently looks like Bannerlord will have the option to set which mods are active in the initial screen when you select between SP and MP, and that there will be a list you can download mods from. Basically the Total War method. In this respect it's better than Warband, but only slightly - you still have to specifically find the mod you want to download, download it manually, and ensure it is selected before joining a server.

Yes, but those are only the sort of "hard-set client-side mods" as far as I read it. Arma3 has the same, there are client-side-only mods and there are those downloaded from a server. I definitely hope TW goes this way, otherwise it would be a clear oversight and a crucial strategic mistake in my eyes.

I cannot describe to you how many names I recognize and remember from warband because of their feats of strength I spectated in wonder; after my life had perished for the round, as they single handedly took on 7 people against all odds. Not to mention this returns in kind for myself with people who remember me for the same things in my moments of glory.

No one likes being snuffed out early in the round to spectate for 5 minutes, but this frustrating feature provides depth to the community that is fundamentally impossible without its inclusion.
The sense of teamwork is thrown out of the window. Match-making battles and siege make their attempts at it but fails most of the time.
[medio]366[/medio]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom