Users who are viewing this thread

Why was it deleted?

It's back up

Nice. But could you make diffrent version similar to autoblock from M&B 1/warband? Player has to press button for every single attack incoming. It's like semi-auto block. This one is too op.

That wouldn't be too hard I suppose. I'll add another version of the mod some time later. I've been up for nearly 24 hours, so I think it's time for some sleep :sleep:

@Menthus: all I can say is THANK YOU. You've basically made the games' combat exactly like I wanted it to be. Honestly, I think it's perfect, if you alter anything please keep this version alive.

Last edited:
Just some feedback: works pretty good on 1 vs 1 situations but seems like it gets confused when there are multiple enemies (i'm assuming it's changing blocking stances to try and block the next attack and there are multiple attacks coming from multiple directions).
Also in tournaments it works 50% of the times, it seems to block erratically unlike in the open world.

By the way, is the auto-block system togglable or..?

In the most recent version, it is. Many new options for how you'd like to block enemies!

Nice. But could you make diffrent version similar to autoblock from M&B 1/warband? Player has to press button for every single attack incoming. It's like semi-auto block. This one is too op.

Done. See the new version(v1.0.3)!

Just some feedback: works pretty good on 1 vs 1 situations but seems like it gets confused when there are multiple enemies (i'm assuming it's changing blocking stances to try and block the next attack and there are multiple attacks coming from multiple directions).
Also in tournaments it works 50% of the times, it seems to block erratically unlike in the open world.

Fixed any issues where it wouldn't work in tournaments/arenas/training/settlements/etc. Also improved upon the method I use for targeting enemies to block.

Last edited:
Doing god's work here allowing an idiot like me to finally play something other than 1h and shield. Much love

Hello just some feedback here! Can you add version that didn't include shield autoblock? it's kind of frustratsting that everytime you wanted to shield bash at tournament, you just kick them instead.

Just tested it in the arena. I'm loving it. :xf-smile:

I really hate the way blocking works in the game (and I'm terrible at it). And it really feels bad, when some random looter can beat you up, since he has super human speed and can change his attack directions...

In my opinion, the game should generally have an autoblock, with a skill/weapon dependent "redirect" speed for blocking.

BEST! ConstantDrag - all what i've wanted!
Original block is too hardcore for me and it feels soo unnatural. To block an attack you had to 1) Watch your opponent and see where attack lands from 2) move mouse to that direction 3) and only then press RMB. Take into account that bots change directions. And you just struggling redoing 2 and 3 to block. Swapping 2 and 3 makes a LOT difference. It feels much more comfortable. And it allows you to react faster if opponents changes direction of attack without redoing two actions. Only move your mouse. Best option if you don't want auto block, but do not like original block.
THANK YOU!

Hello just some feedback here! Can you add version that didn't include shield autoblock? it's kind of frustratsting that everytime you wanted to shield bash at tournament, you just kick them instead.

I'm pretty sure that was a bug, which has since been fixed.

Just tested it in the arena. I'm loving it. :xf-smile:

I really hate the way blocking works in the game (and I'm terrible at it). And it really feels bad, when some random looter can beat you up, since he has super human speed and can change his attack directions...

In my opinion, the game should generally have an autoblock, with a skill/weapon dependent "redirect" speed for blocking.

I plan on adding an option for skilled based autoblocking. That won't be for some time though.

I copied it into the modules file now my game keeps crashing before I get to the main menu

Would you mind posting the crash log? A few things to consider too: Users have said installing AutoBlocker with Vortex from the NexusMods website helps fix most issues. In addition to that, there's a known issue where if you have more than 16 modules(They don't even need to be enabled), the game will fail to boot.

im so glad it gets a bit iffy when there are more than one person attacking like on a ladder in a siege but its so much better than the base game hope one day they ad your mod permanently to the base game

I have no idea how to mod so take this suggestion with a pinch of salt I use the option closest to warband where you have to block each individual attack and like I said it gets a bit confused when there are more than one enemy close by so my thinking is we have seen its hard to hit over an friendly's shoulder so if the enemy is more than one and the others are further back lets say just behind the one in front of you the one in front of you should get full priority for his weapons' attack because even if the ones behind try to hit you there hits will just hit there friend and not go further don't know if it can be done but might help with the blocking mechanic getting confused.

Back
Top Bottom