taleworlds does not care about the experienced players multiplayer scene

Users who are viewing this thread

Yea, and my points are all :facepalm: Right? I don't have to take every bait. They're not automatically valid only because they're convenient for you. Many of them I addressed pages ago. Many repeatedly. I'm just showing you: there are different points of view. Bringing you back to reality where not everyone who plays M&B is infected by your herd-intelligence about what to like and what not.
Then address them again. We're giving you the same courtesy.

Bannerlord isn't in anyway skill related, it's just spamming in hordes and I think that's the main issue beside the changes in the combat mechanic. I wont and can't understand people who love it or take the side of the new one. I mean yall argue about its not warband 2.0

But isn't it funny that mount and blade had the same mechanic asweel as fire and sword. So why do you all say it's not, even when it should be. And for God's sake it's mount and blade bannerlord. Sorry they wont name it warband 2.0 it's still a mount and blade franchise. So ye veterans will argue and in my eyes that's okay. Because it still is a downgrade except the graphic and dont we all want an improved game which won't get annoying after 1hour?

Then address them again. We're giving you the same courtesy.

Well, as I've said, my main points are I like not having to choose an outfit every spawn. Most of the time I just wanna get back into the fight asap, even being thrown back into a lower class and having to choose a better one of those available I don't find convenient often times. I think many feel like this. And the other thing is that specialization of loadout on official servers could really create problems with those who put an unreasonable amount of time into learning which equipment exactly eliminates all of their weaknesses while stressing their strengths. With the class system that is limited to a good degree. In my opinion this addresses the points made.

Bannerlord isn't in anyway skill related, it's just spamming in hordes and I think that's the main issue beside the changes in the combat mechanic. I wont and can't understand people who love it or take the side of the new one.

It's not skill related to take on a legionary as archer? It's not skill related to take on 3+ people at the same time? Or to go against someone who played this longer? Gimme a break. You're all spinning the f out of this. Really tired of it

Last edited:
Well, as I've said, my main points are I like not having to choose an outfit every spawn. Most of the time I just wanna get back into the fight asap, even being thrown back into a lower class I don't find convenient often times.
Would you then agree that a system that uses equipment, in which you can create custom loadouts, would be a better hybrid than what we have now? That's to say, I can select loadout 3, which is "anti-cavalry infantry", for example. I made that in the main menu, and now I click it once, and it loads all the equipment that it contains. I can then further customize it, should I want to, but I get a full set of equipment with 2 clicks of the button.

Would you then agree that a system that uses equipment, in which you can create custom loadouts, would be a better hybrid than what we have now? That's to say, I can select loadout 3, which is "anti-cavalry infantry", for example. I made that in the main menu, and now I click it once, and it loads all the equipment that it contains. I can then further customize it, should I want to, but I get a full set of equipment with 2 clicks of the button.

It addresses the convenience part, for sure, but not sure about the specialization part.

Ye I think it should be optional.

Expand on that, there would be a multiplayer tutorial that explained "Hey newbie, try killing this cavalry player who has a lance with a sword? See how it doesn't work? Now take a spear and shish kebab that mfer", then give them a pretty basic class that could deal with that situation.

It addresses the convenience part, for sure, but not sure about the specialization part.

That's because it simply doesn't exist. I've played Warband forever and when I load in the first thing I do is pick the heaviest shield, the strongest 1 handed(both are the most expensive so you know they are the best) and pick whatever armour I can afford. The specialization only applies to competitive which is not even worth arguing for at this point, I'm arguing for the people who want to roleplay, have uniforms with their friends etc.

That's because it simply doesn't exist. I've played Warband forever and when I load in the first thing I do is pick the heaviest shield, the strongest 1 handed(both are the most expensive so you know they are the best) and pick whatever armour I can afford. The specialization only applies to competitive which is not even worth arguing for at this point, I'm arguing for the people who want to roleplay, have uniforms with their friends etc.

Oh it exists. And as long as it stays on custom servers NOTHING wrong with it, heck, I would wanna try it a time or 2. But I see the problems where that's happening on official servers where the green behind the ears newbies cautiously check out what's going on for the first time.

This has arguably gone long enough and it's evident that some of you won't reach consensus in quite a few points.So instead of pursuing your debate I'd kindly advise you to agree to disagree and not get into further arguments.

You may proceed with discussion that is benefitial and on-topic, but keep it classy and clean.
If you want to share your feedback resort to the appropriate board (MP). Be aware that matchmaking and class system/perk system are heavily discussed topics, so try searching for those terms via the search function first.

I think this is where an expanded gear system really could've been awesome. Different shields with different sizes, speeds, perhaps even different resistances to damage types if you want to go crazy.
Similar for armour types. The heavier stuff doesn't always need to be more expensive. You could work with movement penalties, so for example one armour type weighs you down but is highly protective, while an other one protects less at the same cost, but doesn't come with any penalties.
Then you could also have more outlandish options like Berserker outfits that don't protect you, but give you perks (like cut-through) and/or stat bonuses.

That way, you have tons of sidegrades and interesting builds and compromises you could make.
There will always be a best, most optimal option for competitive, that's how it was for Warband, that's how it currently is for Bannerlord.
A system like I described would however give you far more room for experimentation than there currently is, and bring an incredible array of possibilities to casual play.

I think this is where an expanded gear system really could've been awesome. Different shields with different sizes, speeds, perhaps even different resistances to damage types if you want to go crazy.
Similar for armour types. The heavier stuff doesn't always need to be more expensive. You could work with movement penalties, so for example one armour type weighs you down but is highly protective, while an other one protects less at the same cost, but doesn't come with any penalties.
Then you could also have more outlandish options like Berserker outfits that don't protect you, but give you perks (like cut-through) and/or stat bonuses

^ where it could have went. Instead we got "THIS GUY HAS A BIG ****ING SWORD, AND THIS GUY HAS LOTS OF ARMOUR AND A BOW, AND THIS GUY HAS **** ALL BUT HE'S CHEAP"

^ where it could have went. Instead we got "THIS GUY HAS A BIG ****ING SWORD, AND THIS GUY HAS LOTS OF ARMOUR AND A BOW, AND THIS GUY HAS **** ALL BUT HE'S CHEAP"

I somehow get the feeling you're trying to ridicule it, but that's exactly how I think gameplay should be. We just seem to have 2 completely different visions, not only about how you select loadout/equipment, but also how we want to play in-game. Yep, you have advantages and disadvantages and those are exploitable. Otherwise you're a tank, and can also go play World of Tanks

The Bannerlord engine has so much potential for options that it's just mad. Between the extra item slots, the sheer number of different armour pieces, weapon crafting, there's so much stuff you could do with it that would make MP so much more dynamic and varied.

I somehow get the feeling you're trying to ridicule it, but that's exactly how I think gameplay should be. We just seem to have 2 completely different visions, not only about how you select loadout/equipment, but also how we want to play in-game. Yep, you have advantages and disadvantages and those are exploitable. Otherwise you're a tank, and can also go play World of Tanks
He pointed out that what you described isn't what's going on. There are plenty of classes that are just crap in general, or ridiculously powerful in general. I'd say the viable playstyle variety is as low as, if not even lower than in Warband right now.

The Bannerlord engine has so much potential for options that it's just mad. Between the extra item slots, the sheer number of different armour pieces, weapon crafting, there's so much stuff you could do with it that would make MP so much more dynamic and varied.

I agree, we need an Open World multiplayer mode. All for that. And no class system in there. TW, you listening? I'm serious here. I want a BL MMO that plays just like singleplayer with all it's options just in 3d open world and MP, please. Scr*w the class system.

Metafa be talking about how much the casual community loves the game but. I know the casual guys from the reddit discord and most of them have a ton of problems with the game

Back
Top Bottom