Resolved Memory leak: RAM does not unload after simulation (battles, visiting cities, villages etc.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Is this also what would cause the CPU to go at 100%?
Not likely. This game is quite CPU heavy by it's nature. They are a lot of things being simulated at all times in the background. Production of all the towns/cities, caravan/bandit/army movements, battles between NPC armies, etc.

With the 1.0.8, we have sent the first batch of the memory leak fixes. Can you check it out? Waiting for your feedback. Thanks in advance.

Interesting, seeing that the patchnotes for 1.0.8 on steam didn't state there was performance fix. I will check right now to see if it's changed. I have a 8GB rig so I should notice it quickly enough.

EDIT: It seems either I was wrong about the patchnotes not having that included or it was edited in afterwards. Either way it's incl.

With the 1.0.8, we have sent the first batch of the memory leak fixes. Can you check it out? Waiting for your feedback. Thanks in advance.

Congratulations and thank you for the wonderful improvement on the performance issues.

It's not smooth sailing for me as of yet, it still has frequent stuttering but only during the startup of each scene/battlefront and some occasional stuttering during battles. Not the powerpoint slide it was on patch 1.0.7.

It's first glance ofcourse, but I can *atleast* run the game at the start now and actually playtest it on this 8GB RAM rig. So it's a start. Please dont **** it up in upcoming patches.

Thank you very much, guys. Stutters almost gone in battles, now its like 2 or 3 less than second spikes per fight. There are still some stutters in the cities, but less.
Also, it looks like game still unloads memory some time after exiting
Game finaly playable for me.

Seems good so far! I couldn't load even a single scene without the game breaking before, now I can even crank up the graphics settings and the game runs well. Thank you!

Merhaba! Stutters are 66% less common and are also lighter, more fixes are needed but this patch was excellent! Teşekkür ederim.

started a new campaign to test out the patch i was at 7.62gb after loading into the training field. my game seems to be worse but i do notice a very slight improvement. im on low graphics setting with resolution set to 1440x900. i have amd 8320 cpu and 2 saphire 7970s oc editions with 8gb ram. gunna try and play for a bit to see if theres any improvements.

so after changing graphics and resolution back to 1080p and medium i restarted the game (4-5gb ram being used at this point) and loaded up a save game right at the start (6gb+being used at this point) and imediatly started a fight with group of 9 looters at this point i started hitting 7gb ram usage and stayed in the 7.3-7.8 range threw the whole fight with small stutters the whole time but it was half playable i even sat in the battle afterwars for a few minutes and the ram usage stayed around 7.7gb used. after leaving the battle it cleared to 7.0 and has then stayed within 7.0-7.6gb used range. the loading and menus seem to run a bit better but the stutters are still there.

Last edited:
Two 7970s still pack a punch so you should be able to play at higher resolution and settings after some optimisation. have you thought about getting another 8gb stick of RAM? you dont have to if you are patient.

Two 7970s still pack a punch so you should be able to play at higher resolution and settings after some optimisation. have you thought about getting another 8gb stick of RAM? you dont have to if you are patient.
ya im probly gunna upgrade anyways since my build is starting to get dated. but i should crush this game performance wise just having huge bottleneck on my ram. and was hoping they would roll out a fix soon because im dying to play and extra ram+bannerlords just wasnt in my budget.
ive turned my graphics and resolution back up and restarted the game gunna test it out.

Good to hear that majority of the leaks are fixed. We will be sending more batches of improvements which will reduce the overall CPU and GPU memory usage. Meanwhile, we are also working for the non-memory related spikes and overall performance right now. Hopefully the game will feel much smoother with every optimization patch. Hope you have fun!

Good to hear that majority of the leaks are fixed. We will be sending more batches of improvements which will reduce the overall CPU and GPU memory usage. Meanwhile, we are also working for the non-memory related spikes and overall performance right now. Hopefully the game will feel much smoother with every optimization patch. Hope you have fun!
Great news that you are on it! The memory leak is still here sadly:

This is from playing about 30 min. So it's (depending on what your character does in-game) more or less the same as before.

Great news that you are on it! The memory leak is still here sadly:

This is from playing about 30 min. So it's (depending on what your character does in-game) more or less the same as before.

so, what did you do in those 30 mins?

Thanks, the game runs smoother, but still stutters and has memory leaks, hope you can fix it.

Back
Top Bottom