Users who are viewing this thread

The reason its still going is people still have an opinion to discuss just because you don't like that doesn't make it your choice to shut down a thread you came to this thread of your own free will and others are staying of their own free will so just chill and go do something else or look at something else if this offends you theres plenty of other things you could be doing.

Bunch of whining over nothing. The same people complaining about autoblock missing will be complaining about their character getting old and dying when they roll out the heir system. Next they'll want it in multi-player. Where do we draw the line?

Good grief at the toxicity and gate keeping in this thread. Why is everybody so heavily invested in how other people play their single player game?

just to let the people of this thread know that i have had an official email response from taleworlds and that they will be adding autoblock at some point but until it gets implemented from taleworlds offically there are now mods on nexus that now make autoblock possible

Well, i mainly use archer so it's not a related issue, but even if i use melee weapon I still use mobility over blocking cause I admit I'm not that fast in response, also blocking seem to slow you down drastically which probably would let you get swarming by army.

Ironically the auto block mod has both a Warbandesque auto block mode and a mode wherein you hold right click to block and then move the mouse to automatically shift block direction. So, manual block except you don't have to let go and re-block to change direction. It is -so much better- than the vanilla manual block implementation that it's not even funny. I'm using that now.

What's the point of shields when there's autoblock? It makes them totally irrelevant.

I agree entirely. I'm a veteran of warband -- played a ton, mediocre skill at best. I'm happy the autoblock crutch is gone, it really adds value to shields.

I've been playing a lot with two handers in bannerlords -- you feel vulnerable without the shield. I've been relying on dodge as my primary defense, but I have landed single correct parries and then countered, its very rewarding when you get it right.

I don't like people that argue about making single player games more difficult to keep it challenging for the elite players without an option to keep it normal for everyone else. I don't think that's the case here though: I think no auto-block is the best way to balance the value of a shield, and it feels like the right kind of intuitive balance.

What's the point of shields when there's autoblock? It makes them totally irrelevant.
I see people using this argument all the time?
Are you guys crazy? You can't block arrows with sword block.

I ALWAYS use a shield in SP because of arrows, but the rare times I don't use a shield, such as tournaments and city fights, I don't want to be crippled due to the system forcing something on me.

This is how I see it too. But I can sort of see the argument that "well you can't block arrows" which is fair I guess. But the greatly improved blocking advantage of the shield is baked into the balance with the slower swing speeds and lower damage etc. Removing the tradeoffs DOES mess with the balance.

Its true that it doesn't hurt anyone, I'm just commenting on what the other guy said. Having it on is still impacting the balance, it makes the shield less appealing as a primary piece of equipment the way I see it. Manual block is weak against many opponents since it increasingly becomes unmanageable, while shields let you turtle up and retreat to more favorable scenarios. With auto block you can just essentially spam it and its actually better than the shield in just about all situations not involving projectiles since you will be able to move faster, deal more damage and not have to worry about durability.

Either way its fine if people don't care about the balance and just want an easier game. But it also makes certain options strictly less meaningful rather than just making the game easier.

Back
Top Bottom