This post will be hated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Kilflace

Recruit
I am a fan. A super fan. I have over 600 hours (logged on steam, more that have not been recorded) with all the mount and blade games.

That being said, Bannerlord is a disappointment. This game is a mod. This a 7 year old mod. I understand this is Early Access....but this is unacceptable. There have been such minimal improvements (to the core game)... I might as well play warband mods.

The biggest issue I have though is multiplayer...how can you have a team oriented game with NO ability to contact/guide teammates (minus a general chat that no one cares about). There is NO incentive to work together and 90% of my multiplayer games are people running in all directions doing whatever they want, and not what the team needs.

This is ridiculous... There has been barely any real development past warband....

Again, I understand I will be told that I am over-reacting and that "It's in early access, what did you expect?!".....Yeah. I know and understand all of that. But I am sick of being burned by this ****ty industry. The gaming industry doesn't care about the customer. And this is proof. This is releasing the SAME damn thing with minimal "updates"....

As for multiplayer, I agree i was in beta. Now is mostly a clown fiesta. They can either add a ranking system. or group people by level.
As for single player. i will try to post this again. as i stated in other threads, But i am not 100% with it. But i believe in it.

"At the moment most of the things you have in warband, Are what is in Bannerlord. They made sure those things were in so we can enjoy it until the Bug fixes, Stability and balancing issues are fixed.

So i try to report as much bugs and other things as much as possible.
So the future updates will only be in game Features we have been waiting for and minor bug fixes.

Like i get what they are trying to do.
They want us to play Bannerlord in it's Warband state. Iron out everything that needs to be fixed. They released it in this state, So they know what issues everyone is having. What PC builds needs fixing and all that.
Once this version is all ironed out.
Then the features will start coming update by update."

The question is... who is to be blamed.
The one who does the, as you say it, "burning" or the one "getting burned" more than once?

I mean... you seem like it has happened more than once to you, that you paid for a game that wasn't what you desired, that didn't innovate enough of what its precessors did... yet you seem to be doing the same mistake in your eyes again and again....
soooo
why are you not leaning back and wait for the feedback of other people to come in before you make a purchase?

The biggest issue I have though is multiplayer...how can you have a team oriented game with NO ability to contact/guide teammates (minus a general chat that no one cares about). There is NO incentive to work together and 90% of my multiplayer games are people running in all directions doing whatever they want, and not what the team needs.
Multiplayer truly is an awful mess yes and will no doubt die soon
However single player is so much better but yes full of bugs but it is an early access and we all knew it would be like this and I personally enjoy it a lot

TaleWorlds literally released daily patches since they made the game public. I'm not hating on you, but I think you're childish saying developers aren't listening. There are priorities, deal with it for the time being.

''If you would like to experience everything that Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord has to offer, then we strongly encourage you to hold off on buying the game until the full-release.''

Now go play something else for a few months then come back and see if you have the same complaints.

Before buying the game you should have watched Gameplay on Youtube and do research. Your issue wouldn't exist that way.
Spending money without thinking and raging afterward is not a way to go.

I love how 90% of the community rushes them to release the game saying “we’d even just be happy with a graphical update of Warband!” then they finally accommodate and let us play the game early without all of its new features and we get these types of posts.

I get that it needs improvements and I agree with your thoughts on multiplayer but it’s not really “ridiculous”. Those sound like pretty easy fixes. They gave us three game modes with objectives and team based mechanics. It’s not their fault that people run around like idiots and don’t work together.

Implement a ranked mode and voice comms and those issues basically become obsolete.

Didn't play multiplayer now, played it in Beta, wasn't that bad actually (I'm a singleplayer fan)
We had 7 updates in 7 days, singleplayer is much much better than Warband singleplayer, yes there are bugs but it is early access and they fix bugs very fast.

I love how 90% of the community rushes them to release the game saying “we’d even just be happy with a graphical update of Warband!” then they finally accommodate and let us play the game early without all of its new features and we get these types of posts.

I get that it needs improvements and I agree with your thoughts on multiplayer but it’s not really “ridiculous”. Those sound like pretty easy fixes. They gave us three game modes with objectives and team based mechanics. It’s not their fault that people run around like idiots and don’t work together.

Implement a ranked mode and voice comms and those issues basically become obsolete.
Yeah, i wanted to say this. but i don't want to be hated.. I like everyone here and i try to treat everyone fair. But We have been waiting for this game for ages. I would play it even if it was just a graphical upgrade. We needed this game in this dark times.

The tragedy of the moronpocalypse we live in :smile:

My friend, you've now found what's like to play War Thunder. Two people try to win the game, the rest try to have fun dogfighting.

To me, this boils down to an issue with the game concept. Most people play WT because they like the adrenaline filled feel of dogfighting and hunting other planes down, as evidenced by the fact that this is what most players want. Even if the game gives you more points for completing objectives than for killing enemy planes. If the game objective is "bomb the enemy base", bombers are slow and boring, and protecting them is slow and boring (at least to most people), but there's a party being thrown down there at 400m altitude, with I-16 and Spitfired and Heinkels all having fun... what will you do?

What's the fun in M&B? Duels and fights. Honestly, capturing a base is not what I want from a M&B multiplayer match.

I for one, didn't entered an early access for a long time. In fact, I usually don't get on launch no game at all, since most of 'em get lauched full of bugs. Bannerlord has been the first one in a long time and, mostly, beccause I WANT to support taleworlds in this, giving my feedback. M&B always had an incredible community and the devs have built an awesome game in the originals. It's good to remember, Warband went trough the same process. MUCH was added while the game was already playable. So, I'm expecting the same here.

They have already been paid (more or less). They could stop caring about this game at any time.

We should criticize and leave bad reviews if we want to prod them on. That's what a smart consumer does. Just be nice about it.

I do agree with a lot you have to say, I just hope they are still passionate about this title.

I am a fan. A super fan. I have over 600 hours (logged on steam, more that have not been recorded) with all the mount and blade games.

That being said, Bannerlord is a disappointment. This game is a mod. This a 7 year old mod. I understand this is Early Access....but this is unacceptable. There have been such minimal improvements (to the core game)... I might as well play warband mods.

This is ridiculous... There has been barely any real development past warband....

Again, I understand I will be told that I am over-reacting and that "It's in early access, what did you expect?!".....Yeah. I know and understand all of that. But I am sick of being burned by this ****ty industry. The gaming industry doesn't care about the customer. And this is proof. This is releasing the SAME damn thing with minimal "updates"....

Singleplayer is amazing (amazing, incomplete and bugged, right now, but amazing in the end). The graphics and physics improvements are countless. Armies are handled wonderfully with the commands they have developed. It is a small study, what do we want? They have taken out an early access because they saw that people were asking for it. Whoever wanted the finished game could have wait ...

Its understandable to be disappointed that the game's not in a better state after all the waiting, but to say its no better than a mod is absurd. They've changed practically every system that existed in Warband. Combat, sieges, skills, companions, quests, recruiting, enterprises ... almost every single game mechanic works differently than it used to. Some stuff works worse than warband at the moment, but most of it's a huge improvement. Now they just need to get it all working together as a whole and the game will be outstanding

They have already been paid (more or less). They could stop caring about this game at any time.

We should criticize and leave bad reviews if we want to prod them on. That's what a smart consumer does. Just be nice about it.

I do agree with a lot you have to say, I just hope they are still passionate about this title.

One patch per day, early access (you knew what you bought), what else do we want? I don't play multiplayer, I don't know anything about that. The campaign is incomplete and somewhat bugged, but even Skyrim with 100 times more budget had a lot of bugs when it came out, and it wasn't "Skyrim early access".

I see no reason to hate the post. You're disappointed. You have a right to be disappointed. Just as I have the right to not be disappointed. Nothing to hate here, just a difference of opinion.

Your concerns are valid, however I do believe that the current state of singleplayer should raise hopes for at the very least, some truly amazing mods. I mean the framework for a ton of quality content is there, but they really want to focus on stability before adding more features.

Multiplayer does need some serious work though, right now there is 0 incentive to play the objective, either that or people knowingly decide to ignore it.

I mean they literally said: "the game is missing a lot of features and will have plenty of bugs, its fine and understandable if you don't want buy it now and wait for release" and yet i see people complaining about missing features and bugs...

Back
Top Bottom