Patch Notes e1.0.7

Users who are viewing this thread

He's just asking a question. I'm curious too.
Curious of what ? If you don't know what mods do... idk

Here's the explanation; some people decided they would try to change things themselves, add in and modify some content, tweak variables to change the gameplay in some situations, etc.

Sometimes it's esthetic, sometimes it's about reducing or augmenting the rewards, of trade, winning in the arena, battles in general, sometimes it's to add diplomacy stuff, or make lords less aggressive and changing the AI behaviour...

I'm not sure what there is to not understand about mods, it's just people trying to make the game the way they want to play it.

Here's an exemple of the content of one of these mods:

Code:
Crafting Stamina:
- Stamina cap raised from 100 to 400. (Patched method -> CraftingCampaignBehavior.GetMaxHeroCraftingStamina)
- Stamina gain raised from 5 per hour to 10 per hour. (Patched method -> CraftingCampaignBehavior.HourlyTick)
- Optional setting to disable crafting stamina entirely (Disabled by default. Patched method -> CraftingVM.HaveEnergy)
- Optional setting to reduce the amount of crafting stamina regained when not resting in a settlement (In native you don't regain any).

Battle rewards:
- Doubled renown gain from battles. (Patched method -> DefaultBattleRewardModel.CalculateRenownGain)

Party size:
- Gain bonus party size from Leadership and Steward skill. Bonus is equal to 30% of Leadership skill value + 30% of Steward skill value. (Patched method ->DefaultPartySizeLimitModel.CalculateMobilePartyMemberSizeLimit)

Tournament rewards:
- Increased renown from winning a tournament from 3 to 8. (Patched method -> DefaultTournamentModel.GetRenownReward)
- Added 500 gold reward for winning tournament. (Patched method -> TournamentBehavior.OnPlayerWinTournament)
- Added ability to increase maximum bet amount. Disabled by default. (Patched methods -> TournamentVM.RefreshBetProperties, TournamentVM.RefreshValues, TournamentVM.get_IsBetButtonEnabled)

Hero Skill experience multiplier:
- Added a global multiplier to skill experience gain. This multiplier is on a curve, starting from 1 at skill level 1 and going to about 12 at skill level 250. I added this because after 20 hours of gameplay I had managed to raise my combat skills to around 65, which is a ridiculously slow leveling process. Not sure of the balance of this tweak yet. (Patched method -> Hero.AddSkillXp)
- Added optional configurable flat experience modifier override.

Hideout Battle Tweaks:
- Added a value to let you bring your entire army into a hideout. If you want to limit the number of troops you can bring you can lower the limit. (Patched method -> DefaultTroopCountLimitModel.GetHideoutBattlePlayerMaxTroopCount)
- Added the option to not lose the hideout battle when you die. (Patched methods -> HideoutMissionController.IsSideDepleted, HideoutMissionController.InitializeMission)
- Added the option to not lose the hideout battle when you lose the duel with the boss. (Patched methods -> HideoutMissionController.IsSideDepleted, HideoutMissionController.InitializeMission)

Tournament Experience Enabled:
- Experience gains for the player and your companions are enabled in tournaments and the arena.

Troop Experience Multiplier:
- Global experience multiplier for all non-hero troops. Default value is 2x experience.

Increased Workshop Limit:
- Increased base workshop limit from 1 to 2 (One extra).
- Optional setting to increase workshop limit bonus from clan tier. (Set to native value by default).
- Optional tweak to reduce the cost of workshops. (Disabled by default).

Companion Limit:
- Optional setting to change the base number of companions you can have (disabled by default).
- Optional setting to change the bonus to your companion limit from clan tier (disabled by default).

Settlement Tweaks:
- Added value to give bonus militia production to castles and towns. This is aimed towards making sieges more difficult and stopping one faction from taking over.
- Added value to give bonus food production to castles and towns to support bigger militias.
- Added value to increase the chance for castles and towns to spawn elite units in their militias.

Castle Buildings Tweaks:
- Added values to give bonuses to production levels of the castle Granary, Gardens, Militia Barracks and Training Fields.
-- Training field now gives 30, 70, 90 experience to garrisoned units.
-- Granary now provides 30, 45, 60 food storage.
-- Gardens now produce 3, 6, 9 food.
-- Militia Barracks now provide 3, 6, 9 militia production.

Siege Tweaks
- Reduced siege construction speed to 85% of vanilla.
- Reduced siege artillery collateral damage by 12.5% (Only on the campaign map).
- Reduced siege artillery destruction damage to 4.5 from 5 (Only on the campaign map).

Clan Party Limit
- Added option to configure the base number of parties you can field.
- Added option to configure the bonus to number of parties you can field gained from your clan tier.

Curious of what ? If you don't know what mods do... idk

Here's the explanation; some people decided they would try to fix some balancing issues themselves, or add in and modify some content, tweak variables to change the gameplay in some situations, etc.

Sometimes it's esthetic, sometimes it's about reducing or augmenting the rewards, of trade, winning in the arena, battles in general, sometimes it's to add diplomacy stuff, or make lords less aggressive and changing the AI behaviour...

I'm not sure what there is to not understand about mods.
Curious of how stable they are.

Just because the ''necessary things'' aren't in the current patches doesn't mean they aren't working on the important issues, and the crossbow isn't one of them.

My reply is as necessary as your question.
''If you would like to experience everything that Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord has to offer, then we strongly encourage you to hold off on buying the game until the full-release.''

Now, if you're going to be an ass about some detail like crossbows, maybe you should consider going back to play Warband and come back when the devs are done with the game.
you registered 5 days ago and telling a guy who has been in the mount and blade community since 2006 what is necessary and what's not.

you registered 5 days ago and telling a guy who has been in the mount and blade community since 2006 what is necessary and what's not.
Yes I'm doing that. Crossbows aren't a priority, you'll get them eventually, maybe tomorrow, maybe not.

Cheers.

Not to mention the continued lack of equipment variety, with many weapons and armours seemingly still disabled for whatever reason. It's getting a little frustrating now!
Agreed. Still can't find a high tier armor other than 611k imperial one, its ridiculous I have over 300k and can't even buy a quality armor and cant find a good horse armor too. Its frustrating and very annoying.

What bearing does that have on anything. It's not as if you're a dev. It just means you were born earlier. You just sound more or a **** now if you think that's important.

Do you want all those who registered new accounts to bow down to our veteran overlords

Agreed. Still can't find a high tier armor other than 611k imperial one, its ridiculous I have over 300k and can't even buy a quality armor and cant find a good horse armor too. Its frustrating and very annoying.
And some people still have issues with simply wanting to play the game because of crashes and loops and such, but I guess that's less important than someone who feels like he doesn't have enough shoes to choose from at the moment.

So nobody knows what the mini patch did?
It's not content for the game, it's mainly just modifying some support files for their crash uploader, for steam, physX, etc. for whatever reasons.

I think they do this in every patch, maybe someone forgot to add this in the last patch or they just wanted to do another modification early today. Dunno.

And some people still have issues with simply wanting to play the game because of crashes and loops and such, but I guess that's less important than someone who feels like he doesn't have enough shoes to choose from at the moment.
Yes shoes are more important than crashes and loops imo.

Yes I'm doing that. Crossbows aren't a priority, you'll get them eventually, maybe tomorrow, maybe not.

Cheers.
what do you know about the game? a newbie bossing around, telling people crossbows are not priority? it is one of the core weapon systems that has been in the games since the earliest versions and we not being able to play with them is a serious problem. what's next? horses and swords are not important too?

What bearing does that have on anything. It's not as if you're a dev. It just means you were born earlier. You just sound more or a **** now if you think that's important.

Do you want all those who registered new accounts to bow down to our veteran overlords

it means I know more about these game series than a guy who started playing a week ago.

what do you know about the game? a newbie bossing around, telling people crossbows are not priority? it is one of the core weapon systems that has been in the games since the earliest versions and we not being able to play with them is a serious problem. what's next? horses and swords are not important too?

it means I know more about these game series than a guy who started playing a week ago.
I'd say don't mind him, he thinks he is so important that he is the one to decide whats important in the game or not.

Tournaments were pretty broken before this patch. 1000 gold reward + bets + 3 renown + some high tier item (that you can AT LEAST sell for 300-4500 gold) + 3 skill level ups, for a thing you can do in 90 seconds and do over and over again (because they are everywhere) ?

Tournaments were the most meta way to spend your early game time in 1.0.6

Why does everything remotely rewarding in the early game that isn’t running around killing bandits apparently need nerfing? What does the term “meta” even mean in a single player game?

The arena was probably too strong in hindsight but tournaments should be a valid way of gaining xp and making money.

I'd say don't mind him, he thinks he is so important that he is the one to decide whats important in the game or not.
I'm not saying it's not important to the game. I'm saying it's not something devs should be prioritizing just now.

Registered an account just to post this and saw that someone else already summed it up well. You took a fun feature of the game and made it so there's no longer any incentive whatsoever for me to do it. A game like this inherently has some degree of grind, but it didn't feel too bad before - now I spend 5-10 mins doing a tournament and make less than 100 gold and win an item that's not of any use to me 9 times out of 10 because I've out grown these items. Not worth the trouble - AT ALL.

The way things are now, I will never do another tournament. It was perfectly fine how it was before, in fact I was even starting to feel like the minimal gold gain from it was making it less worth the trouble, but I continued to to do it because of the renown gain and because it's a break from the monotony of trading. Now it's just not worth it at all. I can make more gold and renown faster than tournaments by attacking a group of 50 looters, and even doing that is a waste of time compared to trading and attacking other armies in war, raiding caravans, etc. Why are you making the game more grindy and more boring?
+1 was doing Some tournaments to get Some extra cash at stops, after the Patch I have No Reason to do so
The whole tournament system needs an overhaul, especially after these last changes. But you pointed there in the right direction.

The way I think it should work:

Overall Idea: Tournament quality and payout depend on renown and ranking in the tournament leaderboards. Some tournaments you can't join because they are out of your league.

So when you start the game you can only do crappy Local Tournaments, with low bet limits and poor payout.

The more you progress up the leaderboard, the better the prices get, the higher the stakes/bet limits, given you are fighting better warriors.

Then you have the Regional Grand Tourneys. Those are only for participants on the top 16 of the leader boards. Whoever wins, moves onto The Grand Tourney.

On THE WORLD GRAND TOURNEY, the previous Calradian World Champion has to defend their title against the newcomer. This is a huge stakes, great prizes tournament. This is Pacquiao vs Mayweather in las Vegas. This tourney has a different structure, with different stages with an x amount of rounds each. These stages are divided in ranged, hand to hand and mounted. For ranged could be some timed target shooting. Hand to hand with different weapons per round (first round chosen by the winner, next ones by the loser of the previous round) And finally a joust. A proper joust 1v1 in straight line making passes until one falls.

Before the main constest, there are some opening fights (by invite only among the 3 highest positions on the Regional Gran Tourneys) so even if you didn't win top #1, you might still have a chance to participate but a way way smaller price but still pretty good renown.

After The Grand Tourney leaderboards reset. Once you qualify for regionals you prequalify for the next season if you are in the top half, so you don't have to earn your status again at the local tourneys.

Local tourneys remain open for high level players but the payout makes it not worth so the system should self-regulate as a player would not play in locals if it's not to grief the low level warriors.

I also think that the regional tourneys and leaderboards should be truly regional (as in Vlandia regional tournament) and that the winners of each regional should go in a grand tourney against the winners of the other regions before THE WORLD GRAND TOURNEY, but that implies multiple leaderboards.

And of course, tournaments SHOULD improve relations with the towns and their people. You are their champion now. And get invited to the grand hall. What is this bs of winning and not even getting an audience without a bribe?

Ultimately, what I'm trying to show with this is that Tournaments should feel like you can progress, that it's another aspect of gameplay and not just a thing you savescumm for money and high tier gear when you are starting.

Before this update, tournaments weren't much: pretty repetitive, pay and prize is nothing to write home after the first 4h of gameplay, Just something different to do with a little kick on the side.

But with this latest update, it has no place after just 2h of gameplay.

The tournament should be something you look forward to, that you fight to qualify. Something that over time gets BETTER not worse. It's entertainment. The better you are, the more cache you have. The higher the stakes. The more people all over Calradia loves you (except for the region/kingdom you steal the title from).

Give it some story, some life. Create great rivalries with other NPCs. And with the aging system and characters dying? You can be the World champion and lose it to old age! Remain undefeated for generations! The glory! Or the shame if a newcomer takes it from you.

Just think of all the life it could have and add to the game if instead of neutering it, you gave it a good boost. You could play the game exclusively for the league!
~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~
Other two issues I see with the patch are the reduction of horse loot (someone mentioned that the logic with the troop prisoners should apply to the horses and I completely agree with that statement) and the fact that clans with settlements cannot be mercenaries. I know historical accuracy is not necessarily the goal here, but plenty of nations and clans offered they help in wars just for coin, with no Vassalage (which implies you get protection in exchange). When you are a little **** but you want to remain independent I don't see why not.
Great suggestions to make arena fight carry a lot more weight besides making an extra buck at your stops

I'm not saying it's not important to the game. I'm saying it's not something devs should be prioritizing just now.
Its probably very easy to fix, they can very well add quick fixes for armors and weapons while they work on other crashes. Its not you who decides whats the priority, there's a difference between saying its not priority and should be not priority, dont think you can boss people for raising their voices because they want something to get fixed. It maybe a key mechanic or can be horse reins or can be a buggy bow string. Its not for you to decide.

Back
Top Bottom