ENGINEER COMPANION!

Users who are viewing this thread

Jarl Snow

Recruit
Butterlords and Gentlemen we got him!

Look at the stats he has lol

sBuie0Z.png

g0SqYN9.png

Is there a way to learn these companions' stats before shelling out the cash for them to join you?
on the campaign map enter the city and click on tavern, do not enter the tavern, at the top there should be pictures of the people who are in the tavern at that time, right click that portrait, it opens the encyclopedia, you can see the stats they are good at in there.

He makes a better Warrior than engineer. Idm i had 240 smithing so gave him a badass Twohanded which apparently sell in shops now. :unsure:

on the campaign map enter the city and click on tavern, do not enter the tavern, at the top there should be pictures of the people who are in the tavern at that time, right click that portrait, it opens the encyclopedia, you can see the stats they are good at in there.

You can also click on the name of the person you're talking with (in dialog window) - it also opens encyclopedia. :smile:

Better yet, go to the encyclopedia (press the "n" key for the English version). From there you can go look at all the characters and filter to wanders only. You can see all their stats and their last known location from there.

Best YouTube tip I've seen so far.

I save before recruiting a companion and write a report on him and then load back. I do this with all available companions and then pick out my group. I have a perfection compulsion.

I save before recruiting a companion and write a report on him and then load back. I do this with all available companions and then pick out my group. I have a perfection compulsion.

Look in the encyclopedia at the start of your game (or whenever you want to pick up a companion). You'll get the same info faster, and be able to go straight to where your companion of choice is. Only thing they don't have is their price and specific perks.

Look in the encyclopedia at the start of your game (or whenever you want to pick up a companion). You'll get the same info faster, and be able to go straight to where your companion of choice is. Only thing they don't have is their price and specific perks.
I know about that. That's not nearly enough information you get that way. You can't see their focus points, their attributes, their perks or how much they can level each skill.

That's cool. I did not see any new companions in the encyclopedia though (I am om th3 last patch). Do I need to restart the campaign to have the new ones, or I just missed stg?

It seems you have to start a new campaign to get the new patched companions.

I met "the Smith" companion on my new campaign and was a bit disappointed (no focus in smithing) - here the full stats:
  • Vigor = 10, 1H = 90 (3 focus), 2H = 140 (1 focus), Polearm = 80 (1 focus)
  • Control = 4, Bow = 55 (3 focus), Crossbow = 40 (3 focus), Throwing = 60 (3 focus)
  • Endurance = 4, Riding = 60 (2 focus), Athletics = 60 (1 focus), Smithing = 60 (0 focus)
  • everything else is zero
Has anyone met the new medical companion "the Surgeon" yet? According to the Encyclopedia he has 80 in Medicine skill. But as I haven't met him yet, I don't know if he has focus in Medicine and/or some Intelligence.

That's cool. I did not see any new companions in the encyclopedia though (I am om th3 last patch). Do I need to restart the campaign to have the new ones, or I just missed stg?
I just had an "off the Hills" guy appear for me (an awesome scout, 140 Scouting). The game slowly generates new wanderers with time and apparently you don't need a new game for those to possibly include the new types that came with 1.07.

It seems you have to start a new campaign to get the new patched companions.

I met "the Smith" companion on my new campaign and was a bit disappointed (no focus in smithing) - here the full stats:
  • Vigor = 10, 1H = 90 (3 focus), 2H = 140 (1 focus), Polearm = 80 (1 focus)
  • Control = 4, Bow = 55 (3 focus), Crossbow = 40 (3 focus), Throwing = 60 (3 focus)
  • Endurance = 4, Riding = 60 (2 focus), Athletics = 60 (1 focus), Smithing = 60 (0 focus)
  • everything else is zero
Has anyone met the new medical companion "the Surgeon" yet? According to the Encyclopedia he has 80 in Medicine skill. But as I haven't met him yet, I don't know if he has focus in Medicine and/or some Intelligence.
Attribute and Focus points are randomly generated for them.

Attribute and Focus points are randomly generated for them.
Really? While testing I restarted the campaign a few dozen times and the companions "Willowbark" and "the Healer" always had 60 Medicine skill but with no focus points in it and zero Intelligence. Shouldn't they have some variation if attributes and focus are random?

Really? While testing I restarted the campaign a few dozen times and the companions "Willowbark" and "the Healer" always had 60 Medicine skill but with no focus points in it and zero Intelligence. Shouldn't they have some variation if attributes and focus are random?
I've had much variation and only started two characters.

I've also gone around the map collecting each wanderer, saving before recruiting them and writing down their stats, then loaded to recruit more and eventually compared them.

I just had an "off the Hills" guy appear for me (an awesome scout, 140 Scouting). The game slowly generates new wanderers with time and apparently you don't need a new game for those to possibly include the new types that came with 1.07.
Thanks, sounds good :smile:

Back
Top Bottom