What TV series are you watching?

Users who are viewing this thread

Watch the RedLetterMedia reviews of it. They are old school Star Trek fans who were devastated by the new series, both by Picard and STD.

Hey, thanks for the tip!

I just want to clarify though, because I re-read my edit of my latest post and it may come across as if I'm a douchebag who won't let others enjoy what I didn't. I do not regularly feel that way about things, I'm more of a live and let live kind of person. It's just that I found it to be so awful, and so untruthful to the TNG spirit, that I'm afraid that if it isn't massively slanted, it will be used as a standard for future ST shows to try to gravitate around. I also feel bad for... sigh... "jay-el" :meh:

I haven't watched any of the new series, but it looks the exact opposite of what Star Trek was up until this last decade. As in, before it was a series set in a generally optimistic world, where likeable characters would try to solve a different problem every week by working together and using their brains. Now it's a dark, **** world filled with scumbags where a bunch brooding assholes run around swearing and cutting heads off to move some overarching convoluted, nonsensical plot forward. I don't think it will be you who would make others not to enjoy this just by stating your opinion about it.
I hope this won't be the new standard for ST, and I doubt it will, based on that everyone knows what TNG is, while most(?) people didn't even hear about the two newest series. At least, these won't be on tv for decades after.

Recently watched Unsere Mütter Unsere Väter, or Generation War.
A German series from 2013 in 3 episodes.
It's about 5 young Germans at the start of WWII and we follow them until the end of the war.
It has Excellent acting, and each scene is brilliantly crafted.

(It is however a very modern, rosy image of the war where all the protagonists are good people, corrupted by the war, and only forced to do bad things.
Some scenes are downright unrealistic. I recommend watching it as a fictional show with a good story and acting.
I like how the anti-Semitism of the Polish is more emphasised than what we see from the Germans :lol:)

Mythic Quest: Raven's Banquet is a sitcom from Apple.
It' about a (fictional) gaming company behind the world's most popular MMORPG.
A great setting rife with comedic potential, but there's nothing funny about it.
And that's not even the worst. None of the characters are sympathetic. Everything they say and do is annoying and gives me a headache.

(Only seen 3 episodes, so it could improve. I just won't be there to see it.)

Hey, thanks for the tip!

I just want to clarify though, because I re-read my edit of my latest post and it may come across as if I'm a douchebag who won't let others enjoy what I didn't. I do not regularly feel that way about things, I'm more of a live and let live kind of person. It's just that I found it to be so awful, and so untruthful to the TNG spirit, that I'm afraid that if it isn't massively slanted, it will be used as a standard for future ST shows to try to gravitate around. I also feel bad for... sigh... "jay-el" :meh:
I haven't watched any of the new series, but it looks the exact opposite of what Star Trek was up until this last decade. As in, before it was a series set in a generally optimistic world, where likeable characters would try to solve a different problem every week by working together and using their brains. Now it's a dark, **** world filled with scumbags where a bunch brooding assholes run around swearing and cutting heads off to move some overarching convoluted, nonsensical plot forward. I don't think it will be you who would make others not to enjoy this just by stating your opinion about it.
I hope this won't be the new standard for ST, and I doubt it will, based on that everyone knows what TNG is, while most(?) people didn't even hear about the two newest series. At least, these won't be on tv for decades after.
Here's hoping this will be a better Trek show:

All these amateur videos is the worst part of this pandemic. Please, let it end soon.

Finished 1st season of Being Human, the US version.
A vampire, a werewolf and a ghost live together in Boston, trying to lead normal lives.
It's pretty goofy with plenty of cringe. Low budget with silly special effects.
But also with humour - the type where it doesn't take itself too seriously.
Overall the story is not bad. Decent scriptwriting, with sympathetic, well defined characters.

Last edited:
Watched 4 episodes of Space Force (because of John Malkovich).
It's boring. They're trying to mix goofy comedy with family drama.
But it's not really funny and the characters are too mundane to keep the unimaginative writing afloat.

Man I cant understand how I didn't watched Fargo until now, the first season is amazing, it's a ****ing cult classic, it's an instant achievement in TV and it's in the same level of quality as Breaking Bad and its peers, Fargo ****ing rules

Watched 4 episodes of Space Force (because of John Malkovich).
It's boring. They're trying to mix goofy comedy with family drama.
But it's not really funny and the characters are too mundane to keep the unimaginative writing afloat.

I couldn't even finish the first one episode ...
Such a potato serie

I watched the first three episodes of Borgen, some friend recommended it as the best political drama. I think I was a little bit underwhelmed when the expectations were high but it's still a fine series.

Edit: nvm I was mid way through episode 5 and now I'm downgrading it. It insults the audience's intelligence way too much

Last edited:
Really enjoyed The Boys, but season 2 starts with such a
At first the series seemed just USA-centric, but now the entire plot is about how apparently everyone in the world believes supers are just born like that, naturally... but only inside USA territory. How could anyone believe that to be natural??

Back
Top Bottom