Poll: Class System vs. Warband Loadout Customization

Current class system, or Warband's loadout customization?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Man I hope Talewords sticks to their guns on the new mechanics they’re trying to implement. There’s so many threads like this with people just wanting to revert back to warband systems and a lot of times the same people complain that there’s no changes from warband!

choices you could actually make was very low. You could take better helmets and armor and a better arming sword, thats it.
Armoury:

Helmets

Arming Cap
Helmet with Cap
Helmet with Neckguard
Flat topped Helmet
Guard Helmet
Great Helmet

Armour
Red Tunic
Leather Armor
Red Gambeson
Haubergeon
Brigandine

Boots
Ankle Boots
Mail Chausses
Splinted Greaves

Gloves
Leather Gloves
Mail Mittens
Scale Guantlets
Guantlets

Weaponary:

1 handed weapons

Sword
Short Sword
Sword
Short Arming Sword
Arming Sword

Shields
Old Heater Shield
Plain Heater Shield
Heater Shield
Heavy Heater Shield

2 handed weapons
Bastard Sword
Heavy Bastard Sword
Two handed Sword
Great Sword

Polearms
Awl pike
Long Awl Pike

Throwing weapons
Darts
War Darts

I've just stopped playing that thing, it's as boring as Mordhau. I'm waiting for the modders to make a real MP. Btw all the new players I've talked to were quite upset when learning that gear customization was previously a thing in Warband.

Man I hope Talewords sticks to their guns on the new mechanics they’re trying to implement. There’s so many threads like this with people just wanting to revert back to warband systems and a lot of times the same people complain that there’s no changes from warband!
No one is saying we should go back to Warband systems, but changing to something which is clearly inferior in many aspects is not something we want. They should rather improve that feature and make it more interesting and not the opposite!

Last edited:
Armoury:

Helmets

Arming Cap
Helmet with Cap
Helmet with Neckguard
Flat topped Helmet
Guard Helmet
Great Helmet

Armour
Red Tunic
Leather Armor
Red Gambeson
Haubergeon
Brigandine

Boots
Ankle Boots
Mail Chausses
Splinted Greaves

Gloves
Leather Gloves
Mail Mittens
Scale Guantlets
Guantlets

Weaponary:

1 handed weapons

Sword
Short Sword
Sword
Short Arming Sword
Arming Sword

Shields
Old Heater Shield
Plain Heater Shield
Heater Shield
Heavy Heater Shield

2 handed weapons
Bastard Sword
Heavy Bastard Sword
Two handed Sword
Great Sword

Polearms
Awl pike
Long Awl Pike

Throwing weapons
Darts
War Darts

Helmets, theres barely any difference between the 2 heavy helmets or around 5 armor
Arming Cap = meme?
Helmet with Cap = meme?
Helmet with Neckguard = medium helmet
Flat topped Helmet = medium helmet
Guard Helmet = upgraded heavy helmet
Great Helmet = upgraded heavy helmet

Armour
Red Tunic
Leather Armor = medium armor
Red Gambeson = medium armor
Haubergeon = heavy armor
Brigandine = heavy armor

boots are similar and gloves have rly low impact

1 handed weapons = 3 swords that are all similar, short sword too short for battle
Sword
Short Sword
Sword
Short Arming Sword
Arming Sword

Polearms
Awl pike
Long Awl Pike = cav drop

Throwing weapons = cant take it because of no gold left, they are way too low in dmg to be effective or useful
Darts
War Darts

2 handed weapons = litterly just duel weapons
Bastard Sword
Heavy Bastard Sword
Two handed Sword
Great Sword

In the end this leaves you with the option to go medium armor infantry with shield a sword and an awlpike
If you get enough gold you can go for heavy armor
If you drop for cav you cant even go for awlpike and throwing

Helmets, theres barely any difference between the 2 heavy helmets or around 5 armor
Arming Cap = meme?
Helmet with Cap = meme?
Helmet with Neckguard = medium helmet
Flat topped Helmet = medium helmet
Guard Helmet = upgraded heavy helmet
Great Helmet = upgraded heavy helmet

Armour
Red Tunic
Leather Armor = medium armor
Red Gambeson = medium armor
Haubergeon = heavy armor
Brigandine = heavy armor

boots are similar and gloves have rly low impact

1 handed weapons = 3 swords that are all similar, short sword too short for battle
Sword
Short Sword
Sword
Short Arming Sword
Arming Sword

Polearms
Awl pike
Long Awl Pike = cav drop

Throwing weapons = cant take it because of no gold left, they are way too low in dmg to be effective or useful
Darts
War Darts

2 handed weapons = litterly just duel weapons
Bastard Sword
Heavy Bastard Sword
Two handed Sword
Great Sword

In the end this leaves you with the option to go medium armor infantry with shield a sword and an awlpike
If you get enough gold you can go for heavy armor
If you drop for cav you cant even go for awlpike and throwing
Do you realise you will still end up with more customization options than you currently have in BL? You're able to upgrade parts of your armour as well as your 1 handed weapons and shields. Also this is just an example of the Swadian faction, you have a wider range of weaponary within the nordic faction for instance.

? this only works this way for competetive. Doesn't matter to most of the playerbase. Even in competetive there were people playing with non meta stuff since they simply liked it

Vlandia Infantry options:
axe - meme since shields dont break anyway
mace - ok against armour
armour perk is ok but sword bounces alot so kinda meme

this is pretty much only customization what weapon you want.
Second perk is spear by default everything else is garbage in competetive.

Maybe worth quoting this post by @Cheeky which pretty much sums up the difference and ends this argument lol
Someone finally did the math but made wrong conclusions. The 30,260,340 vs 45 number of combinations should subtly(not really) hint you which system is easer to balance. Yes, you get less variation, but it's a bad thing if we want a proper competitive experience.

Do feel free to bring back that variation with mods, but please stay away with that suggestion from the competitive part of the game, it doesn't need that, in fact it's harmful.

Also I made the exact same calculations months ago, but who bothered quoting my post? No one. As soon as someone does the same thing, but it's who you like, then it's totally worth quoting, right?

Someone finally did the math but made wrong conclusions. The 30,260,340 vs 45 number of combinations should subtly(not really) hint you which system is easer to balance. Yes, you get less variation, but it's a bad thing if we want a proper competitive experience.

Do feel free to bring back that variation with mods, but please stay away with that suggestion from the competitive part of the game, it doesn't need that, in fact it's harmful.
45 combinations yet they can't even balance it. Says a lot.

Do you realise you will still end up with more customization options than you currently have in BL? You're able to upgrade parts of your armour as well as your 1 handed weapons and shields. Also this is just an example of the Swadian faction, you have a wider range of weaponary within the nordic faction for instance.
The problem is here that it wont rly affect my gameplay. If i go for a mace instead of sword i need to change my playstyle. With the mace ill probably play closer up to the enemy. While with the sword i can go for more spams and outranges. WIth the axe i can play safe and break their shield. Whatever choice i make i need to adapt to optimize its use. Which wasnt the case in warband

The problem is here that it wont rly affect my gameplay. If i go for a mace instead of sword i need to change my playstyle. With the mace ill probably play closer up to the enemy. While with the sword i can go for more spams and outranges. WIth the axe i can play safe and break their shield. Whatever choice i make i need to adapt to optimize its use. Which wasnt the case in warband
and yes like we said swadia is the only faction where this is the case for infantry. Every other faction had multiple 1handers to chose from

and yes like we said swadia is the only faction where this is the case for infantry. Every other faction had multiple 1handers to chose from
most of them are similar in bannerlord, the problem is that some weapons are missing. For example the cleaver had a unique feel about it. Even the sarranid battle axe was different than the nord one.

Theres certainly not enough difference to trash the whole system we got now.

Last edited:
i doubt they even bothered to balance it yet, just look in which state the mp is in. Theres not even a duel mode...
They did try to balance it, a lot of patchnotes show changes to weapon stats or perks.

You should more ask yourself if they even bothered to make a fun multiplayer

They did try to balance it, a lot of patchnotes show changes to weapon stats or perks.

You should more ask yourself if they even bothered to make a fun multiplayer
i dont need to ask myself that i already know the answer ... they didnt (maybe they put some work in cpt mode, 2 or 3 years ago)

Back
Top Bottom