Poll: Class System vs. Warband Loadout Customization

Current class system, or Warband's loadout customization?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Except it didn't clutter you with 20 options did it? I can remember around 5-6 armor pieces per part of the body. Not 20
just look at their numbers pls...and ye bannerlords system needs improvement

As inf swadia just offers me far more options now. Not to mention that i was forced to take the sword that fitted anyways. Dependant on drops for the team. Now i can choose because i dont need to drop swords and shields for archers, awlpikes for cav.

just look at their numbers pls...and ye bannerlords system needs improvement

As inf swadia just offers me far more options now. Not to mention that i was forced to take the sword that fitted anyways.
Talking about armor only. This is more of an UI issue then the class system itself.

Every other faction played in warband has access to multiple weapons types on infantry. We can count all of them again, pretty sure which game gives more options to the player. I'm just too lazy to count all that
Well im fine if its even around the same. Since its a dumbing down of the system, to make it more accesible.
It still removes the loot table, which makes it easier for new players to get into competitive. Without having some experienced lead. In regards aswell to players swapping roles mid round to adopt to the enemy.
It makes it easier to know with which weapons you will spawn in aswell. If you picked weapons from the enemy and then changed ur loadout. Especially for newer players. They dont get overwhelmed by the gimmick options aswell.

From what I gather, the "argument" of ppl in favor of the current class system are saying it caters to scrubs, newbs and casuals because it makes it less "complicated" for them. Here are facts about catering to them: they aren't what makes up most of a game's community for the majority of the game's life. Those are actually kinds of players that come in, play for a handful of weeks and then bounce to the next new shiny game. On the other hand, if you have more dept, customization and choices, that keeps the attention of the more skillful/invested playerbase who are exactly the kind of people that dedicate themselves in becoming better at a game and who build up the community with clans and the like, adding a lot of life into the multiplayer community than just being "accessible" to casuals/newbs that will bounce to another game shortly after.

From what I gather, the "argument" of ppl in favor of the current class system are saying it caters to scrubs, newbs and casuals because it makes it less "complicated" for them. Here are facts about catering to them: they aren't what makes up most of a game's community for the majority of the game's life. Those are actually kinds of players that come in, play for a handful of weeks and then bounce to the next new shiny game. On the other hand, if you have more dept, customization and choices, that keeps the attention of the more skillful/invested playerbase who are exactly the kind of people that dedicate themselves in becoming better at a game and who build up the community with clans and the like, adding a lot of life into the multiplayer community than just being "accessible" to casuals/newbs that will bounce to another game shortly after.
Alot of them are coming from singleplayer. Plus the current system is better for competitive aswell imo.(it still needs to be worked on for that, but thats why we got the feedback section?) If you read what i wrote above.

To add life, the looks of the units need to be customizable. They could be given as ranked rewards or unlocked after a certain level. Similar to mordhau. They dont even need to model them, just put them in and see if they fit in various variations, which should already work because of singleplayer.

It's not that there is no complexity. But in the chaos of battle there is already enough of it, imo. New players are what keeps this game and this company going and funded. I think TW did a good job in not grossing them out.

My point is you will never get a good answer for this. These forums cater for a small group of people who say a lot of things. 95% of M&B players will never look at any forum. Even if you could get a good survey of all of them it still would be a sample at best.

The only thing this poll will prove is how small the numbers are that are making all this noise about the system being bad...

In the long term - you have X-many million copies of the game being sold and very positive ratings on steam and great reviews on one hand.

On the other a forum poll of 20-30 players saying they want a huge concept of the game to be changed.

It's not going to happen...
I've been saying this since July and got labeled a contrarian and a TW's shill for that.

Well im fine if its even around the same. Since its a dumbing down of the system, to make it more accesible.
It still removes the loot table, which makes it easier for new players to get into competitive. Without having some experienced lead. In regards aswell to players swapping roles mid round to adopt to the enemy.
It makes it easier to know with which weapons you will spawn in aswell. If you picked weapons from the enemy and then changed ur loadout. Especially for newer players. They dont get overwhelmed by the gimmick options aswell.
It's not around the same. Warbands system gives alot more option so every player can pick what he likes or whatever fits his playstyle the most (more damage, more range, more speed etc). Warband was not impossible to get into competetive. Every tournament had a free agent list you could just sign up for. or ask teams to join them. Of course as a new player getting into a top team is not an option. But it wasn't impossible by any means.
The matchmaking system made by the community was a perfect opportunity for players to show of their skill and get teams interested in them. (Having one supported by TW from the start would obviously be a huge help) There's multiple people that got picked up that way (or more known). The role swapping thing was not possible during a round, that's true. But that means you have to carefully pick your setup before a round and try to predict what the enemy teams plays (do they have a good archer faction? do they have good archer players that they will most likely play? etc). Respawn modes are not as competetive. The loot and gear system was not difficult either. It's pretty simple. There was a lack of tutorials, but that's the same in Bannerlord. Noone explains you the new modes or new mechanics to already exisitng modes (siege morale). Noone explains you how the class system works. The default perks for most classes are yet again pretty bad.

I've been saying this since July and got labeled a contrarian and a TW's shill for that.
You also claimed cavalry needed a buff when everyone was saying the opposite.
Axios is also neglecting most of the reviews come from singleplayer and not multiplayer. Because as stated before multiplayer is smaller then singleplayer so just like the forums are inaccurate, so will the steam reviews be.

It's not around the same. Warbands system gives alot more option so every player can pick what he likes or whatever fits his playstyle the most (more damage, more range, more speed etc). Warband was not impossible to get into competetive. Every tournament had a free agent list you could just sign up for. or ask teams to join them. Of course as a new player getting into a top team is not an option. But it wasn't impossible by any means.
The matchmaking system made by the community was a perfect opportunity for players to show of their skill and get teams interested in them.

I don't even know what you're talking about. And talk about playstyle. People first joining don't have a playstyle. They are just overwhelmed with the WB system. Nothing else. Just that. Leaving MP and going to safe SP again is only 3 clicks away.

Alot of them are coming from singleplayer. Plus the current system is better for competitive aswell imo.(it still needs to be worked on for that, but thats why we got the feedback section?) If you read what i wrote above.
You still didn't disprove the fact that casual players will leave for the new shiny in a handful of weeks. So they DO NOT make up the majority of the game's MP community throughout the majority of the game's life.

You still didn't disprove the fact that casual players will leave for the new shiny in a handful of weeks. So they DO NOT make up the majority of the game's MP community throughout the majority of the game's life.

Well, we know how the WB system turned out. I think they try and improve on that aspect in BL.

I don't even know what you're talking about. And talk about playstyle. People first joining don't have a playstyle. They are just overwhelmed with the WB system. Nothing else. Just that.
Everyone has a playstyle. Even if you just came from singleplayer there's certain way you play the game there. Obviously it's likely to change over time and evolve. As we said before a tutorial and proper default gears are certainly something that warband lacked. This should've been patched in for sure. Helps a new player out without any downsides.

The matchmaking system made by the community was a perfect opportunity for players to show of their skill and get teams interested in them. (Having one supported by TW from the start would obviously be a huge help) There's multiple people that got picked up that way (or more known). The role swapping thing was not possible during a round, that's true. But that means you have to carefully pick your setup before a round and try to predict what the enemy teams plays (do they have a good archer faction? do they have good archer players that they will most likely play? etc). Respawn modes are not as competetive. The loot and gear system was not difficult either. It's pretty simple. There was a lack of tutorials, but that's the same in Bannerlord. Noone explains you the new modes or new mechanics to already exisitng modes (siege morale). Noone explains you how the class system works. The default perks for most classes are yet again pretty bad.
Well in the end i just feel that the new system has way greater potential. It irons out some of the flaws the old system had. Adding maybe a third perk and making the competitive loadout the default would help.

We can only hope that they planned a battle mode for ranked in the end. (Which is hopefully the reason why its not implemented yet.)

Everyone has a playstyle. Even if you just came from singleplayer there's certain way you play the game there. Obviously it's likely to change over time and evolve. As we said before a tutorial and proper default gears are certainly something that warband lacked. This should've been patched in for sure. Helps a new player out without any downsides.

Nope. Not everyone has it. You assume things. You assume someone who never heard about WB and bought BL bc of some youtube vid knows what expects him in MP. You cannot put yourself back in that situation because it is that long ago. I get it. But I don't think what you say is good for sales and longterm health of the MP.

Back
Top Bottom