Battle calculation is broken

Users who are viewing this thread

I have 140 troops, most of whom are elite ones. Enemy has 50 troops of rabble what is OK for a lord in the middle of a long war. After I send troops I get more than 20 casualties (forgetting about the wounded) and most of dead are elite troops. WTF?!

My conclusions so far:
  • Auto-resolve is good against looters. Also gives more XP to troops than manual fights.
  • Auto-resolve is bad If the enemy has some high tier troops mixed in their army. In this case doing a manual fight and using some tactics results in less casualties.

Auto resolve is the same as starting a manual combat and hitting F6 to let the sergeants take control of your army. Do this and watch what your army does in these battles where you vastly outnumber the enemy.

They all charge in as one blob, with their shields down. You will often lose high tier archers because they get out ahead of the infantry and get killed in a barrage of thrown weapons or arrows, same with your faster unshielded infantry.

Never use autoresolve unless you are trying to quickly train recruits that you don't mind losing a few of(even then it's better to set them as formation V (skirmishers) and use them in tandem with your archers).

Auto resolve works somewhat fine for. With tactics aroun 90 I can put autoresolve on most battles when I have advantage.
From what I found in autoresolve the AI sends troops depending on your party order. Those on top get more fighting. Right now I can use it on sea riders when I have around 20 troops more than them and there are no casualties.

Auto resolve is the same as starting a manual combat and hitting F6 to let the sergeants take control of your army.
I don't think this is the case. Auto-resolve generates a result purely based on the strength of the 2 armies (comparing a numerical value).
While actually fighting the battle, even if using F6, the result will be different, because there is a lot of randomness involved in landing/blocking hits and arrows hitting their targets. The terrain also plays a role, for instance cavalry will be slowed down while crossing a river, and the opposing archers can get more shots at them. I don't think the auto-resolve takes so many factors into account. It's a simple calculator, otherwise it would take too much time to compute the results.

Probably because of enemy lord's tactic skill and its perks. Tactic skill's perks is too strong like %50 more damage bonus for archers in simulations.

Looters are delicious for Auto resolving, even bigger stacks like 30-40. Taking no casualties and maybe like 5 wounded lower tier troops.
Good to level up troops.
However, even against like 5 Forest Bandits i'm already taking like 3 casualties in auto-resolve, even losing troops like Vlandian Vanguard.
Better fight those manually with 0 loss.

Looters are delicious for Auto resolving, even bigger stacks like 30-40. Taking no casualties and maybe like 5 wounded lower tier troops.
Good to level up troops.
However, even against like 5 Forest Bandits i'm already taking like 3 casualties in auto-resolve, even losing troops like Vlandian Vanguard.
Better fight those manually with 0 loss.

yea i find that odd as well, just for fun i tossed around 100 men at 5 forest bandits (i had only upgraded empire troops) and i lost like 2 elite archers and 3 elite infantry, but if you join yourself and just charge in you take 0 losses and 0 wounded.

So in my experience you can only auto resolve looters, tried with 20 peasants vs 62 looters and we won with 17 wounded

I can confirm that auto resolve looters is better since they never kill soldiers (never see it).
But.... fighting with them, sometime they kill one or two men. So I auto resolve looters every time.

Again other target, it's never good. Some fight should be loose because enemies outnumbers my peoples. In auto resolve, it's a big defeat (without many enemies loose).
Play it and use tactics, it's possible to win. I win a 500 again 600 because mounted units don't perform in forest. Auto resolve was loosing, loosing and loosing. I play it and destroyed them...

Whileplaying it, you can shut down the leader and it's really good.
And if you should go down, takes a lot of bad guys with you.
All this thing isn't possible in auto resolve.

I would not call this broken, it's broken beyond recognition.

3C8004CE11A0062F9AA40FEBBC3FAA038CF1519B

Autoresolving 102 vs. 10 should not lead to 1 dead T6 cavalry and 1 wounded T6 cavalry and a wounded T5 Crossbow. Tactics skill is on 34, so it's even +3.4% dmg in simulation for my troops and so on. And tactics is so tedious to level.

Back
Top Bottom