Preventing/Ignoring exceptions being thrown in TaleWorlds.Core.dll?

Users who are viewing this thread

Trying to attach my VS instance to Bannerlord so I can hit breakpoints and get some state information for debugging but every time I click campaign I get a null reference exception in TaleWorlds.Core.dll. Anybody had this issue or any luck getting around this?

I've even tried just overriding OnSubmoduleLoad() and calling base.OnSubmoduleLoad() and it still crashes when I run from VS and click Campaign.

I've been using VS 2019 this whole time and haven't had any issues. Your problem is probably your debugger settings.

I use this for "Start external program" in the Debug section of my project's properties:

A:\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client\Bannerlord.exe

and I use this for "Working Directory":

A:\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client\

Modify that to your actual game location. If you haven't done that, it's not gonna work.

Upvote 0
Thanks, I really had the wrong working directory. It also works when you use the launcher as external program so you can select the mods you want to include in the test.

Upvote 0
Thanks, I really had the wrong working directory. It also works when you use the launcher as external program so you can select the mods you want to include in the test.

You can do this inside Visual Studio as well and have it done automatically every time you start. You can specify command line arguments just above where you set the working directly.

Example;
Code:
/singleplayer _MODULES_*Native*SandBox*SandBoxCore*StoryMode*CustomBattle*MyFirstMod*MySecondMod*_MODULES_

Upvote 0
I've started receiving an exception that " value cannot be null" after 250 days in game. Tried to look into the taleworlds.core.dll and found the class of the same.

Set Propertry Owner 1 -- value called here is set to integer and somehow this is receiving an empty value. And I'm receiving the attached error. Can any one help me overcome this exception... and share me the updated dll.

Crash screenshot:

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom