SP MP Campaign Co-Op

Users who are viewing this thread

SenseiGuard

Recruit
I have just started the a project of multiplayer support for campaign. We can play Bannerlord with our friends from LAN.
I'm going to notice you about devblog in this post and my twitter account.
You can check it

EU4dYSGXYAExIN_

is it easier to do than in Warband? Because warband never had mod like that because
of limited game engine.
Warband did have something like this using the Warband Script Extender. You could load a battle in with a friend and then apply the result to your game. Certainly not super smooth but it did work.

is it easier to do than in Warband? Because warband never had mod like that because
of limited game engine.

I recall that during bannerlords quick phase of development it once was said the devs did not include coop, since they could not agree on a concept of how it should be implemented. They also said it would be very much possible for people to mod it in, so I suppose the engine should be able to handle it much better then warband.

I'm confused by the post. Is this mod already working or in development? Sounds great though, was just talking to someone today about how I couldn't wait for someone to develop a co-op mod. Goodluck!

Taleworlds specifically set up things to make modding in coop possible and easy. Right now people are working on creating a server that the game uploads your position on the map to and controls a party on the map with all the same attributes, hypothetically you could also connect to a server if you get into a battle with another player. After looking through the code myself in the process of making another mod, there will absolutely be multiple coop mods that take different approaches, i imagine at first there will be a community collab project, but it might have to wait until they release private server support later this year.

We can play Bannerlord with our friends from LAN
I'm not sure what you mean in there. Did you already build your LAN server/data exchanger? Or are you just planning to do this?
If the latter, I might want to ask if you have any prior knowledge about any multiplayer experience? Because this project is not an easy feat.

Back
Top Bottom