Resolved Poor performance on mainstream high-end hardware

Users who are viewing this thread

Running a 1080ti GPU, 4790k CPU, 16 gigs of ram, everything on my PC is clean and updated. I bought the GPU a while back for this game...but the units are being processed by the CPU!! It's at 98% load. This game needs to be putting the max # of unit stress on the GPU. I don't understand how some people are running 1,000 man battles without much of a hiccup while others have to revert to Warband sizes. I have to turn battle sizes down to 250 to make it manageable. I know the processor is older, but compared to high-end "current" processors there is only like a +7% difference. They don't age the same rate GPU's do. Any ideas?

Can they even fix the dependency of units on CPU vs. GPU? It seems this was the same problem with Warband - had to cap the battles there too.

i have the same poor performance and i also posted a thread where a developer replied me with this
"your PC specs are fine for the game. However, currently there are some memory over usage issues which can hinder the gameplay experience in your PC. We are working hard to fix these issues and hoping to send the fixes in one of the next patches. Hope you have fun. Best regards."
your specs are better than mine still i can run 499 man battle but there are hiccups i now need to play low settings so that i can get 35-45 frames

here are my specs:-
CPU:- Ryzen 5 2500u @2.0ghz
GPU:- Radeon rx 560x 4gb
Ram:- 8gb ddr4 @2400mhz
so i think you need to wait

No real issues until 1.05. I'm running a Intel i9-9900K @ 3.60Ghz and a Geforce RTX 2080 Ti @ 11 GB.

As I was playing, I noticed longer and longer periods of loading screens. Eventually, I was stuck in the castle menu. Mouse could move but no response from clicking. I checked task manager and the CPU was maxed at 100%. Turned it off and booted it back up. CPU was sitting at around 45% and the GPU jumped to 97%. Turned it off and back on again. Now the CPU is sitting at 47% and the GPU is at 63%. And I'm still just sitting in the castle menu. It seems to change every time I reboot.

Run in Fullscreen
Make sure microsoft c++ is updated
Update all drivers
Make particles lower quality
Try and see if any improvement

Run in Fullscreen
Make sure microsoft c++ is updated
Update all drivers
Make particles lower quality
Try and see if any improvement

No dice, unfortunately. I even lowered everything to "potato mode" settings. After about 30 minutes of play, CPU and GPU usage climbs to absurd levels.

Ah it’s a shame, do you have low RAM or low power supply?
When did you last clean system
It doesn't have anything to do with the his system, lots of others are having the same problem. If he spent 3,500 on a CPU+GPU he isn't going to have low ram and a crappy power supply dude lol. Warband always suffered from poor optimization and right now this game isn't optimized very well either (although there are improvements). Not having Nvidia drivers is one thing, but the memory leak + dependency on the CPU is another. There are a lot of improvements in the game and I'm sure they will fix it.

It doesn't have anything to do with the his system, lots of others are having the same problem. If he spent 3,500 on a CPU+GPU he isn't going to have low ram and a crappy power supply dude lol. Warband always suffered from poor optimization and right now this game isn't optimized very well either (although there are improvements). Not having Nvidia drivers is one thing, but the memory leak + dependency on the CPU is another. There are a lot of improvements in the game and I'm sure they will fix it.
True but it’s always worth an ask to see if you can mitigate and work around the issue in other ways as RAM is a pretty major issue for people and power supply would explain over heating and not peak performance
The memory leak was somewhat fixed but yes CPU is poorly optimised but a CPU this powerful should be able to tank throigh anyway

Ah it’s a shame, do you have low RAM or low power supply?
When did you last clean system

Nah, good RAM and more than enough power. It's odd. Before the latest patch, I could play for several hours without issue. Not sure what changed, but I've talked with folks who have less CPU/GPU power and don't have the problem to the extent I do. I'm not too worried about it. Thanks for trying, though. I'll just play Animal Crossing until it's patched again.

Something I didn't realize until I tested it myself is that, like Blicious said, you can have a 100,000 computer and it won't matter if a game is poorly optimized. I upgraded my old rig (to what I have now) to see if it improved Warband performance (I wanted more units on the field). It improved it very minimally with huge upgrades. It is what it is...they are a great company though and with this many people struggling they will fix it.

Hello, thanks for reporting this problem. Unfortunately, we were unable to respond to this thread when it was first created. We believe the issue may have been resolved since the creation of this topic. If you are currently experiencing this issue with the latest live or beta versions of the game, please update this thread so we can forward this issue to the team for investigation.

Hey! I'm going to mark this thread as resolved. If the problem persists, please let me know. Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom