Executing captured Lords and Ladies?

Users who are viewing this thread

Indianerz

Recruit
There is now an option to execute captured heroes. What effect does this have and is it worth damaging your reputation? I saw that you get their lands when you execute them? That seems like a really easy way to expand your empire and could even be game breaking very quickly.

How does execution work? It must have severely negative impacts somehow? It can't really be possible to capture a bunch of cities and castles just by executing a whole bunch of nobles. That's almost too easy.

I’ve been executing every Lord I’ve captured during war but I haven’t noticed any negative repercussions yet and all my fellow Vlandians still love me.

The next person in their clan (brother, sister, spouse, child) takes their fiefs. executing a Lord doesn’t grant you ownership of anything.

There is now an option to execute captured heroes. What effect does this have and is it worth damaging your reputation? I saw that you get their lands when you execute them? That seems like a really easy way to expand your empire and could even be game breaking very quickly.

How does execution work? It must have severely negative impacts somehow? It can't really be possible to capture a bunch of cities and castles just by executing a whole bunch of nobles. That's almost too easy.
There whole clan they are in gets -100 relationship. However the rest of there faction doesn't seem to mind. I executed Caladog

I read on one post that you get their fiefs? I'm kind of glad that isn't the case. I think I would probably prefer to ransom them and get something out of it. Killing them would only make sense if it slows their faction down in some way. Slows their expansion or something like that. As a drastic measure when one faction is destroying your own.

I am executing everyone. I get a special redish logo along with my name saying I am dishonorable and everyone hates me, even in my own kingdom despite the fact I am the best warrior, no matter how often I came to the rescue of my comrads or how many enemies I put down. So far I executed one emperor and one emperess. Still my kingdom does not approve.

I stopped ranson when I went over 1 million denariis (right now 27 millions... and not paying any attention to it). What the point, cash is not an issue and my quest supposedly is to put down the Empire. So destroying empire clans seemed logical. So far, not much result.

I am executing everyone. I get a special redish logo along with my name saying I am dishonorable and everyone hates me, even in my own kingdom despite the fact I am the best warrior, no matter how often I came to the rescue of my comrads or how many enemies I put down. So far I executed one emperor and one emperess. Still my kingdom does not approve.

I stopped ranson when I went over 1 million denariis (right now 27 millions... and not paying any attention to it). What the point, cash is not an issue and my quest supposedly is to put down the Empire. So destroying empire clans seemed logical. So far, not much result.

Wow! That's good to know. I try to hold them for awhile so we can weaken their faction down. But I guess I won't try executing anyone. Does anyone know if it effects your relations with your own clan once you start your own kingdom? I could see using it then. I would like to see some option where you tell them you are going to execute them if they don't give you some of their lands, after you become ruler of your own kingdom. That would make diplomacy a little more interesting!

Only benefit i have found is executing faction leaders with traits i don't like such as daring, deceitful, or any other trait that make the npc act over aggressively. lol

I keep catching the same ones at my fiefs and they always say they don't want to fight...... well why don't they raid someone else's fief then? I think once I have more moneys I'll kill em all too.

Wow! That's good to know. I try to hold them for awhile so we can weaken their faction down. But I guess I won't try executing anyone. Does anyone know if it effects your relations with your own clan once you start your own kingdom? I could see using it then. I would like to see some option where you tell them you are going to execute them if they don't give you some of their lands, after you become ruler of your own kingdom. That would make diplomacy a little more interesting!

Basically it lowers your honor rating and this will affect your relationship with lords and notables(including your family members). It is only -2 tho so it isn't that big of a deal, but it does reduce your recruiting options.

I’ve been executing every Lord I’ve captured during war but I haven’t noticed any negative repercussions yet and all my fellow Vlandians still love me.

The next person in their clan (brother, sister, spouse, child) takes their fiefs. executing a Lord doesn’t grant you ownership of anything.
So it doesn't weaken the faction? i'm in war with Kuzait Khanate, they are conquering everybody and I was thinking that exectuting clan leaders will weeken the faction overall.

You get a lot of influence if you can get lords to your dungeons. So, if you dont need money any more, there is that. Killing them only as a last resort, if you really hate that faction or they are destroying your kingdom.

I don't think so, though it would be nice if it.

No, it wouldn't be nice. At least not at the same rate. Killing lords really hits your reputation hard, so there must be an upside like dwindling strength of the enemy kingdom. I executed most as I fought on 3 or 4 fronts and really saw no other option of slowing down their raids.

No, it wouldn't be nice. At least not at the same rate. Killing lords really hits your reputation hard, so there must be an upside like dwindling strength of the enemy kingdom. I executed most as I fought on 3 or 4 fronts and really saw no other option of slowing down their raids.

Well, the thing is if you kill enough of them, then the game is basically over bar the fat lady singing.

You get a lot of influence if you can get lords to your dungeons. So, if you dont need money any more, there is that. Killing them only as a last resort, if you really hate that faction or they are destroying your kingdom.
Whoah how does it work? I've been selling them to the tavern but I'd rather get influence. Just put them in my dungeon and wait or is there something else to do?

Back
Top Bottom