Why does Matchmaking take so long?

Users who are viewing this thread

I feel like I'm always sat there with a bunch of other people ready to play and yet we don't get to play.

The custom servers seem to be really odd too, lots of siege servers for Oceania but only TDM everywhere else? Is that a choice that's been made?

1. the algorythm is ****ed, once you found a game queue again and you will have a shorter queue
2. not enough server
3. too many players??

siege servers are in quick play, oceania doesnt have that

Most games with matchmakers I've played on seem to take forever. I'm not sure why they decided to go the matchmaker route, since Mount and Blade can be fun whether there are 100 players on or just ten. And it does kinda suck when you spend more time in matchmaker than you do in combat.

One thing I loved about warband multiplayer was that I could join a server and play seconds after launching the game. This constant waiting due to the matchmaking system is making me hate bannerlord's mp so much.

It is so broken. Taleworlds what are you playing at? If your architecture can't handle it then spin up more dedicated servers for siege and maybe even add battle while you are at it...

It is so broken. Taleworlds what are you playing at? If your architecture can't handle it then spin up more dedicated servers for siege and maybe even add battle while you are at it...

I think more - let the community run its own dedicated servers. Unless this is a thing and just no one has, but it completely takes any strain off of TW - they're not having to pay for servers, and they can even control it by making people request access to server files.

Another thing that would be nice would be local hosting. For things like skirmish or maybe Captain mode, why can I not just host a game with my friends?

Response to Community Ran Servers: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/what-are-the-best-server-hosting-sites-for-release.396614/post-9256622

As far as the matchmaking system goes. I feel it will be an awesome feature for ranked, but it should include custom servers in a filter.

Warband survived so long because of it's community and player ran servers. From a developer prospective though, they patch just about everyday, and it's easier to make changes and develop multiplayer when they can make all the changes to the servers and receive feedback from them. So While we want our own servers, we have to bare with Taleworlds and give them our support where we can.

Response to Community Ran Servers: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/what-are-the-best-server-hosting-sites-for-release.396614/post-9256622

As far as the matchmaking system goes. I feel it will be an awesome feature for ranked, but it should include custom servers in a filter.

Warband survived so long because of it's community and player ran servers. From a developer prospective though, they patch just about everyday, and it's easier to make changes and develop multiplayer when they can make all the changes to the servers and receive feedback from them. So While we want our own servers, we have to bare with Taleworlds and give them our support where we can.

If that's the case then they need to invest in more or better servers, because people will stop playing if they have to sit staring at a screen telling them that there are hundreds of other people also trying to play!

P2P connections would be great too, even in early access.

They really dont seem to give a **** about mp, i have only seen one dev post on these forums

It is a very frustrating experience for us. I don't really know why they are being so poor at communicating and listening to this feedback.

One thing I loved about warband multiplayer was that I could join a server and play seconds after launching the game. This constant waiting due to the matchmaking system is making me hate bannerlord's mp so much.
This.
I tend to jump on MP for a quick game. Now having 2 kids, I cannot just sit there and wait to get into a game... I do wish they either add way more servers or add Siege to the server browser list.

I'm in full agreement that we need our own dedicated servers. As far as poor feedback, it is fair to say that they have a lot on their plate as a team, and that they only have so many employees that are required to check these forums (IE: Community Manager). They've released patches nearly everyday since release, so it's not a lack of development or effort on their side. I like to think that the more they patch and update, the closer we get to them being able to take the time to receive our feedback. Plus, these forums are quite massive as a whole. Growing pains.

Back
Top Bottom