Users who are viewing this thread

They need to add auto block back. There is no reason not to include it. Bannerlord is supposed to give more than Warband and not to remove features and ruin the gameplay

Why? Why is there a need for it to be in? Use a shield and you will block 95% of things coming at you anyway. And if you're to lazy on how to learn to block then warband is always there.

Auto-Block will be added in by full release of the game. Book it. They are not going to come out of early access without auto-block as an option for the rest of the Mount and Blade consumers: casual, newcomers, and veterans.
Exactly. Direction blocking is not going away, but it's nt going to be forced on players who aren't comfortable with it either.

Just want to second what everyone else is saying - bring back autoblock!
I have been playing M & B for nearly 15 years - but I'm 50 years old and I have no chance at all in any reaction-time dependent games. The learning curve and effort I would need to put into the game to be able to enjoy it again are simply not an option.

Use a shield you say, and totally respect that shields were really important historically, and I can see the point of making them better at blocking than a single weapon - but this is to harsh. There are situations where a shield is not an option - like civilian combat situations (gang war quest for example).

How about an autoblock function whose accuracy was tied to the weapon skill? If you're lousy with the weapon, then autoblock will often not parry successfully, but as your characters skills improve, you'll do better and better.

That's actually a really decent idea. Reduce response time for blocking based on weapon skill is a nice concept. It's both fair and immersive and gives a more skilled character a real advantage.

that ballancing issue is simple - I think that literary everyone here said that MP should be competitive with manual block ... so weapons should be ballanced around that - what happens in SP where people are basicaly 'cheating' with autoblock just doesnt matter - people will take the most OP weapon if they want the most OP weapon but I think they will mostly choose one they want to role-play with ... (It will not change ballance of armies since the autoblock affects just player and not AI fighting each other)

should game be played in a way the devs meant it or if players should be allowed to find their own way to enjoy it? that is an old question :grin: - one of the most known game devs in my country says that game should be played the way he meant, it should have only one challenging difficulty and it should not hold players hand (many other devs disagree - myself included) .... someone mentioned Kingdom Come which is a game that was made with this in mind ... it has a terrible combat and camera lock is just the worst :grin: I think I will never finish it because of that which is a shame :/ - and I hope M&B will not slip into the same path - I believe that player should find his own way to enjoy a game - I play Factorio and I never played it the way everyone plays it - I turned off the aliens and set myself to challenge of transporting everything with trains - and the game allows me to do that and it's fun :grin: (have something like 200 hours in that single playthrough and still not finished) - and I think that is the core and best strength of the M&B campaign - figuring out your own fun - combat should follow suit - I don't care that some purists says that you can have the most fun by playing it in some specific way - for me learning to fight with manual block is too much of a distraction from doing things I want to do - the thing i personally despise on manual blocking is that it just needs too much of my attention (right now all of it) and it will be like that until I become the 'GAMING GOD' ... and I will probably stop playing it long before I become that

so we are probably getting the autoblock for which I'm grateful :smile: and I do think It's the best choice

Why is this thread even still happening? From what I can see on Page 7, someone contacted Taleworlds and they said they are planning on adding it back in.
because it's interesting subject :grin:

If you want auto-block then use a shield. The game already makes it stupidly easy if you play on anything other than realistic. For those complaining about the game lacking features, Taleworlds already said if you want the complete experience then DON'T buy the early access.
for me it's not about difficulty - it's about fun - I don't mind higher difficulty, but I do mind the overload that is happening to me when I try to block properly - also we know that the game is not finished but not seeing said feature makes us nervous

Last edited:
How about an autoblock function whose accuracy was tied to the weapon skill? If you're lousy with the weapon, then autoblock will often not parry successfully, but as your characters skills improve, you'll do better and better.
and maybe on a weapon that is used? something like wider cross-guard means better block? that would help crafting as well :smile:

and maybe on a weapon that is used? something like wider cross-guard means better block? that would help crafting as well :smile:
Well… you actually do not parry with the crossguard, but with the blade… but yeah, blocking a twohander with a shortsword should be really hard - but that goes without autoblock too! :smile:

Why? Why is there a need for it to be in? Use a shield and you will block 95% of things coming at you anyway. And if you're to lazy on how to learn to block then warband is always there.

What if you don't use shield? There is 0 harm if it gets added. stop calling people lazy for their preferred play style.

I saw on a PC Gamer (?) today or some game journalist site that they mentioned that TW are reintroducing autoblock.

There you go. Can probably close the thread now :razz:

Beat me to it by 12 minutes. I was just wondering why this thread was still so active and divisive.

when i got bannerlord i had trouble a couple of hours with blocking, now im cool with it and doubt i would be using autoblocking but for those who need it its cool they are putting it back in.

I don't really get the stir on this, I never knew people used the auto block setting this much. Its not any harder to block than to attack, I mean its literally the exact same thing you just push block instead lmao. Why not ask for auto attack while we're at it :lol:

My issue with the lack of autoblock is, even at the easiest difficult your enemies are really aggressive and can spam attacks. Meanwhile they made sure that player can't spam attacks like in Warband. I play on normal difficulty where this is even more obvious.

In Warband, even if I couldn't block, I was sure I could win one on one combat if my enemy is weaker, in Bannerlord if I can't block their attacks I never know if that bandit with a stick start cheesing attacks and beat player or not.

I can't always block properly. I am a bit embarrassed to say it, but sometimes I panic while trying to win and get a little confused. Enemy AI takes advantage of that, but player can't. It is a bit jarring.

My issue with the lack of autoblock is, even at the easiest difficult your enemies are really aggressive and can spam attacks. Meanwhile they made sure that player can't spam attacks like in Warband. I play on normal difficulty where this is even more obvious.

In Warband, even if I couldn't block, I was sure I could win one on one combat if my enemy is weaker, in Bannerlord if I can't block their attacks I never know if that bandit with a stick start cheesing attacks and beat player or not.

I can't always block properly. I am a bit embarrassed to say it, but sometimes I panic while trying to win and get a little confused. Enemy AI takes advantage of that, but player can't. It is a bit jarring.

Why not reduce the damage in the options then? That way a few missed blocks are forgiven.

Why not uncheck autoblock in the options then? That way a few missed blocks aren't forgiven.
What are you talking about? There is no option like that. Thats what the thread is about. Anyway I was responding to the guy that was playing on normal difficulty and had an issue with the missing option, so I suggested an alternative since he said he hits some of his blocks and just misses the panick blocks.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom