Resolved [e1.0.1] Cavalry identified as Infantry

Users who are viewing this thread

In one of my battles against some Mountain Bandits, my Cavalry was identifying themselves as Infantry in the selection of troops for some reason, as well as when I called them, the voice said infantry too. See the screenshot for more info.

32E50F38E2A6CB83E7DB26A41BAE467F297E21AC

Last edited:
The same for horse archers sometimes.
If I don't pay attention I get confused when I want to send cavs and hear infantry! :grin:

The squads aren't customizable enough. You should be able to rename and be given options for what the commander calls the squads when you give orders, like a slide with different icons for infantry, cavalry, archers. Maybe the game should just be able to detect what the main units of a group is composed of and have the commander call it (in case of mixed group, maybe not have him say anything at all).

And if devs really want, they could maybe introduce a reader that can actually say names you give to your groups, though maybe that would be for a later time, not really a priority (but it would be very nice).

Me too, and it is VERY annoying. In my experience, I THINK it has something to do with the order of units in your party, and what groups they were attached to. I noticed that when my companions are up top and in group III, on the field, he correctly says "Cavalry" for group III. However I swear the game randomly switches my companions back to group I at times, and others that even if they're labeled right it doesn't do anything.

Also, I know for a fact that Bannerlord overrides some units group designation and sticks them with others. My companions have been labeled in group I, the infantry, but in battle they get selected by F3, not F1. I BELIEVE that this contributes to our issue.

It's almost like the game goes down the party list and the first person who has a horse is what it uses to "voice" the group shouts, I.E. if I have a mounted companion who is labeled "I" for some reason, it says "Infantry" when I select F3 (even though he's grouped in "I" on the Party Screen, mounts seem to override as I said above). Usually archers are fine, but sometimes they've been messed up. Usually group IV, the horse archers, work without issue, and are the most reliable.

I noticed that mounted followers will always be grouped with the cavalry regardless if they have the infantry grouping in the party menu.

I noticed that mounted followers will always be grouped with the cavalry regardless if they have the infantry grouping in the party menu.

Yes, precisely what I was saying! I think this is the root of our issue somehow. I believe the game is messing up its audio because of this. Make sure all mounted units are labeled as III in the Party screen. Sometimes that seems to help me.

Me too, and it is VERY annoying. In my experience, I THINK it has something to do with the order of units in your party, and what groups they were attached to. I noticed that when my companions are up top and in group III, on the field, he correctly says "Cavalry" for group III. However I swear the game randomly switches my companions back to group I at times, and others that even if they're labeled right it doesn't do anything.

Also, I know for a fact that Bannerlord overrides some units group designation and sticks them with others. My companions have been labeled in group I, the infantry, but in battle they get selected by F3, not F1. I BELIEVE that this contributes to our issue.

It's almost like the game goes down the party list and the first person who has a horse is what it uses to "voice" the group shouts, I.E. if I have a mounted companion who is labeled "I" for some reason, it says "Infantry" when I select F3 (even though he's grouped in "I" on the Party Screen, mounts seem to override as I said above). Usually archers are fine, but sometimes they've been messed up. Usually group IV, the horse archers, work without issue, and are the most reliable.
Thats Really good to know, at least this is a temporary fix.

+1 this problem happens to me on my save that started in 1.0.5, and it is consistent across battles

my cavalry consists of mercenary scouts/horsemen and some imperial equites, then also a companion on a horse

Back
Top Bottom