Game crashes with more than 11 mods (Modules)

Users who are viewing this thread

There seems to be a hardcap of 16 modules that may be present in the Modules folder at any time. Any more and the game crashes on startup. So with 5 official modules that leaves room for 11 user made mods. Note that it even counts for non-activated mods. My guess is the game indexes them with 4 bits and any more than that crashes the game.

Can anyone else confirm this?

I am counting 17 total so 12 custom mods outside the forced native ones then the launcher crashes for any mods above that, can't verify for the game itself.

Upvote 0
You can mostly just combine them into a single mod if you hit some hard limit. If you pull out the SubModule section of a few mods and combine into one, you can have one module load all the dlls.
Make sure to grab any ModuleData and other files they require.

Take a look at the SubModule.xml and then the SubModules section

XML:
<SubModules>
    <SubModule>
      <Name value="BMTournamentXP"/>
      <DLLName value="BMTournamentXP.dll"/>
      <SubModuleClassType value="BMTournamentXP.BMTournamentXPMain"/>
      <Tags>
        <Tag key="DedicatedServerType" value="none" />
        <Tag key="IsNoRenderModeElement" value="false" />
      </Tags>
    </SubModule>
     <SubModule>
      <Name value="BMTournamentPrizes"/>
      <DLLName value="BMTournamentPrizes.dll"/>
      <SubModuleClassType value="BMTournamentPrizes.BMTournamentPrizesMain"/>
      <Tags>
        <Tag key="DedicatedServerType" value="none" />
        <Tag key="IsNoRenderModeElement" value="false" />
      </Tags>
    </SubModule>
  </SubModules>

Upvote 0
I am counting 17 total so 12 custom mods outside the forced native ones then the launcher crashes for any mods above that, can't verify for the game itself.

One of your custom mods isn't using a SubModule.xml then. I've tested this thoroughly and the it's the existence of more than 16 SubModule.xml files that causes the crash.

Upvote 0
One of your custom mods isn't using a SubModule.xml then. I've tested this thoroughly and the it's the existence of more than 16 SubModule.xml files that causes the crash.

fair enough, that might've been the case when I tested this, but I've long since started to just include all mods into one modfolder

Edit: tested again doesn't seem to crash for me anymore, so it seems they've patched it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom