Need More Info (Gradually Improving) Performance Issues even on 250v250- High End Hardware and Medium settings

Users who are viewing this thread

Summary: Around 35-40fps (sometimes 45) in battles with a cap of 500 units. (with Medium preset)
Version:
e1.0.11 e.1.2.0 BETA as of now
Computer Specs
:
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1070 4GB VRAM
CPU: i76700K 4.00GHz Skylake 14nm Technology
RAM: 16,0GB
Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. Z170X-Ultra Gaming-CF (U3E1)
Storage Device (HDD): 931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-00RKKA0 (SATA )

Really needs optimization on singleplayer battles. My friends are complaining about the same thing too.

On Very High settings there is a difference of minus 5 fps in general.

Turning shadows to low or none does help a bit. Also with turning foliage to very low and maybe with terrain quality.
Another problem I have noticed is that when getting close to my troops the fps can drop to as low as 23fps it goes to around 30 now.

So basically there is an average of ~5 fps more with the performance updates.
Desert maps have around 15-20+ fps (total of: 50-55 fps) in general when playing with the same amount of troops and settings, with the exception of getting close to the units to melee them. Then it can drop to ~25 fps (need to test again on desert maps)

(I have to update this section when 1.2 hits main branch)
The multiplayer however, runs worse than it did at launch.
With the exception of the desert map(s) - that run much better by even 30+ fps, the game itself runs between 30-50 when starting to close in and fight troops. (same settings)

Last edited:
How was it with 1.0.0?

Did you check in performance what is the bottleneck?
In my case, it is clearly the CPU. The GPUs are underused and the RAM is not fully used.
Even with the game in pause, I get 100% CPU usage. No wonder it is crap.

Same problem for me, I have better specs as well but the game lags like hell even though I should be able to play it on very high smoothly I have checked everything like I have chosen the right gpu in options

How was it with 1.0.0?

Did you check in performance what is the bottleneck?
In my case, it is clearly the CPU. The GPUs are underused and the RAM is not fully used.
Even with the game in pause, I get 100% CPU usage. No wonder it is crap.

Medium preset - same results 30-35 fps
Same with CPU and GPU.
Do I need a NASA processor to run this game with this amount of units?

Higher graphics works best for me. On lowest I cannot run the game with huge numbers but it runs better then great with max settings.. I do not know why.

Tried with High preset. I get 28-30 fps now, not an improvement,
But it proves the game is poorly optimized.

Same problem for me, I have better specs as well but the game lags like hell even though I should be able to play it on very high smoothly I have checked everything like I have chosen the right gpu in options

I know, I also switched between the settings and it's not a big difference at all. The way the game is handling the battles CPU wise most likely is very, very ineffective. I can't find any other explanation

I guess 30fps doesn't really bother me but I see 40-50 with 1,000 are you setting priority to high and how much of your ssd do you have available to spare?
40-50 with 1000 units?!!
I'll try to set priority to high.
Also, my SSD is for the OS, it's 120 GB and it doesn't really have space for a beefy game like Bannerlord.
I would have installed it on that, but performance wise it shouldn't affect me, loading wise, yes.
I'd be surprised if that is the cause,
Will come back in a few minutes to update

I play on high, 500 units per battle with a gigabyte RX 590 series, an AMD 3600x CPU and 16 Go RAM and it's fine for me :/ the only thing I noticed so far is when I play for a few hours without closing hte game, my SSD temparure is going a bit high but idk why

I guess 30fps doesn't really bother me but I see 40-50 with 1,000 are you setting priority to high and how much of your ssd do you have available to spare?

For me it's pretty bothersome because It gets hard to do archery or melee, I can't react properly in combat.
Tried setting it on high priority, same results :sad: ...
I don't know, what are your specs?

Please stop talking about SSD. If the game is trying to get data from the hard disk for direct rendering, then the game is utter crap. But it's not. SSD is irrevelant. SSD is hard drive. You dont use hard drive beside loading maps/saves, unless you have 8 MB RAM. You dont have a performance settings showing your GPU RAM if your SSD is even remotely a concern (GPU RAM, main RAM... then swap/buffer with your damn SSD. If you reach the point of using your SSD it means your are asking impossible settings).

Medium preset - same results 30-35 fps
Same with CPU and GPU.
Do I need a NASA processor to run this game with this amount of units?

Tried with High preset. I get 28-30 fps now, not an improvement,
But it proves the game is poorly optimized.

In my case, it is always a CPU issue. GPU are underused.

It seems quite obvious the problem is with units IA. It probably has nothing to do with 3D rendering. Hence the fact siege are a total mess since the IA is lost and is trying to understand what to do to no avail.

It seems quite obvious the problem is with units IA. It probably has nothing to do with 3D rendering. Hence the fact siege are a total mess since the IA is lost and is trying to understand what to do to no avail.
Had the same problem on Empire total war siege battles with some mods, the AI didn't know what to do and gave so much orders that the game went always from 120 fps to 5 fps, even with my current set-up, I had the same issue as yours in a few siege battle when the doors break but it should be working better with patch 1.0.5

My problem right now is that I cannot play the game at all. The main menu is fkn 1 framed per hour and I should be able to play the game very high graphics smoothly 120 frames (benchmarked) so it’s super confusing as why it doesn’t work when I ask around and people with lower specs can play the game no problemo

How do you explain I can’t even get past the main menu? I should be able to play the game, but I can’t. Not because my specs are ****. No simply because the game don’t want to it seems. I can play games demanding better specs on the highest graphical setting no problems but bannerlord is still 1 frame in the main menu lol

My problem right now is that I cannot play the game at all. The main menu is fkn 1 framed per hour and I should be able to play the game very high graphics smoothly 120 frames (benchmarked) so it’s super confusing as why it doesn’t work when I ask around and people with lower specs can play the game no problemo
Sorry for you inconvenience. There is a currently a bug which makes the game chooses the integated GPU instead of the dedicated one. Can you check within both your Graphics Driver Settings and Game Options that the right one is selected?

I have checked and it’s the correct one :smile:
Sorry if I misunderstood you, if it is indeed the dedicated GPU that the game uses, can you take a screenshot of the Performance tab in the Task Manager while the game is on initial main menu? That would help with finding the reason of the issue. Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom