Users who are viewing this thread

Hey, back again with tournament suggestions:

- Bet payouts should be paid out every round based on results. Maybe be able to choose what you bet on with differing payouts (I could bet on passing to the next round, winning this round, taking down a specific number of enemies, winning the tournament itself...). This allows for more granularity in income, and make it worth it ven if you don't win.
- Second and third prizes, for the reasons outlined above.
- Being able to choose the weapon you use, and horse. Use a limited system, like Floris had in Warband: 3 choices between sets of weapons, having a horse or having upgraded armour.
- There should only be two armors in a tournament, basic and upgraded sets. This helps prevent a max tier unit rolling over everyone, which is realistic, but unfun.
- Skill experience activated on tournaments. Skill adquisition is slow enough as is without being able to improve while in tournaments. Enable it in arenas too, even if with a penalty.
- More types of tournaments. Melees are fine, but what about a shooting competition? A spear throwing one? Jousting? Plenty of real life precedents, there.
- Tie them more to the city itself. Maybe if you win a merchant approaches you with a discount because he loved your performance. A gang leader sends some thugs to beat you up because you won over his hired fighters (props to this suggestion thread!). A lord hires you to fight hidden as him (no renown earnings, but more denars!). The possibilites are endless.

Loving the game so far guys, can't wait to see what you do with it!

Ability to bet on an NPC to win if you choose to just 'watch the tournament' - Otherwise why would anyone choose to do this more than one time out of curiosity?

Ability to bet on an NPC to win if you choose to just 'watch the tournament' - Otherwise why would anyone choose to do this more than one time out of curiosity?
Right? I'd love to have this. I'd also like to see underground bareknuckle boxing fights at taverns or anywhere else shady stuff happens.

Oooh, hadn't thought of that. Might be interesting. Mind if I add it to the main post?

Right? I'd love to have this. I'd also like to see underground bareknuckle boxing fights at taverns or anywhere else shady stuff happens.
Damn, that's also nice. Same thing as above, midn if I add it to the main post? Credited, ofc.

If a companion wins they should be able to keep the prize. If you don't want the player to get it just because of many companions, maybe it can be used by the companion without the possibility to change it unless they are given something better or it's not their profile (for example if it's a horse and horse riding is too low).
Also, the tournaments could actually be less common, like once every two weeks in a single city in the region or even less. You could also learn about them in the taverns or from merchants.

If a companion wins they should be able to keep the prize. If you don't want the player to get it just because of many companions, maybe it can be used by the companion without the possibility to change it unless they are given something better or it's not their profile (for example if it's a horse and horse riding is too low).
Also, the tournaments could actually be less common, like once every two weeks in a single city in the region or even less. You could also learn about them in the taverns or from merchants.
Sounds good!

+1

Back
Top Bottom