To many whining kids

Users who are viewing this thread

In comparison Bannerlord runs fairly well, and my definition of EA is that we are basically the game testers, for companies/people who neither have the time or staff to fully play test. Hence Early Access. We are essentially volunteers for the company.

Taleworlds hires 150+ staff and they already had a 9 month beta where most of the issues brought up didn't get resolved.

TaleWorld Devs have made it clear they want feedback.

Don't get so hung up on the negativity that you miss that this IS the feedback the devs say they want.

Much of the anger and anguish due to incomplete features is based on love of the game. It's easy to see.

I think of buying early access as a preorder with a chance to join an open beta. Personally I think it's a great deal, but I know that right now we're mostly an expanded pool of playtesters who paid for the privilege of getting the goodies early. So don't be so concerned when people point out incomplete features and demand balance changes. This is exactly what the devs have said they want.

Right? I think it's obvious they want people to provide them with feedback during EA.

Sure, especially the part regarding multiplayer feedback. For month we've been telling them whats wrong, and they turned their head. This is their vision, and it's totally fine by me since i don't want to and will not be a a part of their vision. What i regret, i regret having hopes for a multiplayer. Waiting for someone to make better multiplayer mod, if nothing at least to show them what they should've done.

And as for single player, this "early access" title does not justify 8 years of development, on that part we can not argue about. In 2015, this would be good, and i would agree with everything you said before. Now, i can not and will not. Perhaps in a couple of months, a year maybe, the game would be vastly improved to that point people will stop saying that the single-player is nothing more than a slightly better warband. Not saying about bugs, i am saying about dozens of missing stuff, lack of armors, weapons, poor textures, mediocre optimization and much, much more. At least i still have high hopes for mods in general, total conversions to be precise.

Asking people to stop being negative is exactly the same as asking people to stop being positive. It ain't gonna happen.

Sure, especially the part regarding multiplayer feedback. For month we've been telling them whats wrong, and they turned their head. This is their vision, and it's totally fine by me since i don't want to and will not be a a part of their vision. What i regret, i regret having hopes for a multiplayer. Waiting for someone to make better multiplayer mod, if nothing at least to show them what they should've done.

And as for single player, this "early access" title does not justify 8 years of development, on that part we can not argue about. In 2015, this would be good, and i would agree with everything you said before. Now, i can not and will not. Perhaps in a couple of months, a year maybe, the game would be vastly improved to that point people will stop saying that the single-player is nothing more than a slightly better warband. Not saying about bugs, i am saying about dozens of missing stuff, lack of armors, weapons, poor textures, mediocre optimization and much, much more. At least i still have high hopes for mods in general, total conversions to be precise.

Asking people to stop being negative is exactly the same as asking people to stop being positive. It ain't gonna happen.

Lack of weapons? You can craft your owns swords with possible over 100 000 different variations, i made a 2h knife just for fun, or an ultra long completely useless poleaxe, so your thought about "lack of weapons" is pretty invalid. Yes it takes a while to get there but its worth it.

Since they anounced that soon gonna be Early Access release, i knew, there will be some people, that will cry and whine about everything in the game, but i couldn't imagine how many there will be.

People, chill the f*ck down. This is early access, show some respect to TaleWorld and say thanks, for giving you a good discount number and early access to try and play the game. Stop whining like a little bit*hes and have some pation to wait for future updates, fixes and etc. Early access means that you can play the game and help out developers fix everything, to make game playble, enjoyble and fun.You do not suppose to have FUN right now.

People that make this stupid topics how they are dissapointed are completely ungratefull idiots that can't just appreciate the new part of Mount And Blade history.

Game is awesome and has a very bright and beautifull future. If you want to share your opinion, do it the right way, respecting TaleWorlds and their work. They read everything and i am pretty sure they see what community wants and soon they will do it.
Hallelujah finally! Sir you took out my ideas from my brain and wrote them down here word by word ❤

Since they anounced that soon gonna be Early Access release, i knew, there will be some people, that will cry and whine about everything in the game, but i couldn't imagine how many there will be.

People, chill the f*ck down. This is early access, show some respect to TaleWorld and say thanks, for giving you a good discount number and early access to try and play the game. Stop whining like a little bit*hes and have some pation to wait for future updates, fixes and etc. Early access means that you can play the game and help out developers fix everything, to make game playble, enjoyble and fun.You do not suppose to have FUN right now.

People that make this stupid topics how they are dissapointed are completely ungratefull idiots that can't just appreciate the new part of Mount And Blade history.

Game is awesome and has a very bright and beautifull future. If you want to share your opinion, do it the right way, respecting TaleWorlds and their work. They read everything and i am pretty sure they see what community wants and soon they will do it.

Hey I spent $40 on this piece of crap so if I want to complain about it I paid for the right to do so.

Edit: Rip. Hit Enter before typing.

Minecraft was basically featureless and had nothing in it in the initial launch. It was a barren land generation basically.
Rimworld had constant crashes and many things didn't work or weren't added in for months.
Terraria like minecraft was also very basic.

While I can't speak from personal experience, I've watched lots of Rust/Subnautica lets plays of the game being completely broken and/or bugged out. So yes, there are plenty of EA titles that have released garbage non-sense at the start, that eventually became gems. Hell go look at Subnauticas new Arctic expansion.

No Man's Sky was a complete joke at launch and was negatively reviewed as such overwhelmingly bad.

In comparison Bannerlord runs fairly well, and my definition of EA is that we are basically the game testers, for companies/people who neither have the time or staff to fully play test. Hence Early Access. We are essentially volunteers for the company.

It's not as though the game is listed as a Pre-V1.0 Beta Release. It's EA with a year of developement expected until launch.

Wait, I think there's a misunderstanding there, when I said launch, I meant when they launched OUT of Early Access. Version 1.0 of Rimworld was pretty damn stable and feature complete. Version 1.0 of Minecraft was far, FAR more than "barren land generation", Terraria was very complete, Rust might have not been that great at launch but it was pretty good with the new graphics, and Subnautica was pretty well polished at it's launch as well.

Interesting to see that the most profound criticism generally comes from people that have been registered here for many years.
On the other hand, most of the people that are indiscriminately complaining about both, complaing and legit criticism, joined this forum only after the release of bannerlord.
Usually it's the other way around.

Though I feel I have also had my part in creating some of the monsters here, like the thread opener.
I basically told people for the last 10+ years about how great mountain blade is, but now we get a graphically updated but worse version of warband. Now the game finally looks like AAA and casuals start getting interested. Obviously they don't understand when I now tell them about the flaws of bannerlord.

Inappropriate behavior
Words words words all you little noob boys crying about people criticising the game probably don't even have 1k hours on the previous games (pathetic honestly), shhhh and let the real players speak

show some respect to TaleWorld and say thanks, for giving you a good discount number and early access to try and play the game
Most retarded thing i have seen since craplord release. Thank you tw for releasing bugged testing version and telling me to pay full price for testing that thing for you, after all you have been "polishing" the game only since 2016. Indeed very cheap as for EA, not that all ea are cheap due to being unfinished product while this is being sold for full price. Also thank you for taking seriously months of beta and caring about countless feedback and for fixing all these beta age bugs and glitches.

Last edited:
150 is not a lot of people. I wonder how many of them are actual devs.

150 the same number of people who made:

Rome 2 Total War
Shogun 2 Total War
Napoleon Total War
Empire Total War
Medieval 2 Total War
Rome Total War
5 other non-franchise titles, plus 6 full expansions and dozens of DLC packs,

in the same amount of time it's taken to make Bannerlord.

150 is the same number of people who worked on Hitman 2, a game which looks like this:
elite3d-Hitman2-Miami-01.jpg

A team of more than 100 is exceptionally large for an independent studio. Most developers I can think of with this number of staff are working on more than one game at a time, putting out one title per 2 years or even more. Taleworlds doesn't have access to skilled developers the way a European or American company does, but I think more than that they've just been mismanaged and inefficient. There are definitely some good developers at taleworlds but they're being poorly organised, which is (among other things) why the game even looks and sounds incoherent.

150 the same number of people who made:

Rome 2 Total War
Shogun 2 Total War
Napoleon Total War
Empire Total War
Medieval 2 Total War
Rome Total War
5 other non-franchise titles, plus 6 full expansions and dozens of DLC packs,

in the same amount of time it's taken to make Bannerlord.

150 is the same number of people who worked on Hitman 2, a game which looks like this:
elite3d-Hitman2-Miami-01.jpg

A team of more than 100 is exceptionally large for an independent studio. Most developers I can think of with this number of staff are working on more than one game at a time, putting out one title per 2 years or even more. Taleworlds doesn't have access to skilled developers the way a European or American company does, but I think more than that they've just been mismanaged and inefficient. There are definitely some good developers at taleworlds but they're being poorly organised, which is (among other things) why the game even looks and sounds incoherent.

Pretty sure TW have around 80 - 100 and not over 150. There's also a major difference between developing your own engine and using UE4 or Unity, far more time and effort is involved.

The difference is, these companies are able to pump out games (like the total war series) because most of the assets are slightly updated and reused with the same copy-paste formula. Developing from a 10 year old game isn't viable and over that time they've developed the team from like 8 people, it's not like they clicked their fingers and boom they've now got 100 people working on the game from the get go.

If you asked TW to make a new M&B after Bannerlord has fully released, the amount of time that would take would be a fraction of what it's already taken - they can just update and reuse assets with their new engine. They'll never need to start from scratch and they'll have 100 employees from the get go. They'll know what to add and improve on, they all know what to expect and planning would be far shorter. It's not as simple as 'they've got X employees, they should be making games like X'.

Last edited:
None of those games I mentioned share any assets except for a few sounds. There are more assets in common between Warband and Bannerlord than there are between Napoleon and Shogun 2 total war, two adjacent games.

My point is that Taleworlds isn't a small team and it irks me when people treat them like a friendly indie developer.

Heres the thing, early access or not as much as I love Warband, theres way too many games out there that hide beihnd "early access" and many of hte bugs that are here shouldnt be here at all especially after 8 years.

"Sigh" All i can say to the people complaining that they were "ripped off" is if you had done your research you would know that Taleworlds told us since the announcement of early access 6 months ago it wasn't finished, buggy, and (heres the important part) DONT BUY THE EARLY ACCESS WHEN IT RELEASES UNLESS YOU WANT TO HELP WITH DEVELOPMENT, PLEASE WAIT TILL THE FULL RELEASE.

Like come on they couldn't have been clearer what state Bannerlord was gonna launch in, no one held a gun to your head ordering you to buy Bannerlord now instead of later when it is (hopefully) finished.

Criticism is wanted and neccessary (its half the reason the game launched in early access), but saying you got ripped off when you were warned to not buy expecting a finished game just makes you look dumb.

This isn't early access. It's early early early access. It's early Alpha. The writing on the wall is NOT good, and no, 40 euro is NOT a good price for effectively being an unpaid alpha tester. This should have been kept in an oven for a year or two more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom