SP - General Banner and clothing colors

Users who are viewing this thread

Pelicanmeat

Regular
I like the option to create our own banners, and I like the option to change the color of our clothes. What I don’t like is our clothes being forced to be the same colors as our banner. This creates some odd—and frankly ugly—color combinations.

At the very least, separate these two systems. One to design the banner, one to change the color of our clothes independently of each other. Even then, that’s a bit too simple of a fix.

Ideally, clothing color options should be a bit more variable, with options to change the color of individual items. I want my character to have a white (or black) turban and a red robe. Not a red turban and red robe.

More options for clothing and banner colors would be great also.

As far as troops go, I’d prefer them to have more variation as well and separate from the banner colors (aside from shields, tabards, etc). I don’t especially want to change their clothes, or their clothing Colors, but I do want them to be more designed so they look better. As of right now, they’re incredibly garish and bright.

completely agree

1. option to choose the banner colors (preferable RGB slider)
    • More collors (rgb slider)
    • More layers on the emblem (background + top layers to be able to design something unique
    • Positioning tool to make sure it is correctly positioned on the banner + various shields and armor
  2. option to color your won clothes and the ones of the companions per piece (maybe set a standard color combination that you can change individually)
  3. option to change the troops in your possession as in step 2 (a designer tool or designer wing in the castle)
    • change color of the armor
    • change armor types (while keeping the stats) like different shields, helmets, add a tabard...

Last edited:
I suggest : changing clothes colors could only be made against money, in a specific shop at town. Dyeing workshops would become useful.
There should be a way to save specific layers of colors, if one wants to give his men uniforms.

I do not agree on the RGB slider, for realistic reasons : colors at these times were limited by the variety of natural pigments. And, by the way, not every color was the same price, as not every method or material was of the same rarity.

completely agree

• More layers on the emblem (background + top layers to be able to design something unique
    • Positioning tool to make sure it is correctly positioned on the banner + various shields and armor
  2. option to color your won clothes and the ones of the companions per piece (maybe set a standard color combination that you can change individually)
  3. option to change the troops in your possession as in step 2 (a designer tool or designer wing in the castle)
    • change armor types (while keeping the starts) like different shields, helmets, add a tabard...
+1

I really do like that it brings some uniformity to your army but at the same time I also would like the ability to customize my stuff, especially since when you join a faction you no longer have a choice in what colors you wear.

completely agree

• change armor types (while keeping the starts) like different shields, helmets, add a tabard...

Amen

I suggest : changing clothes colors could only be made against money, in a specific shop at town. Dyeing workshops would become useful.
There should be a way to save specific layers of colors, if one wants to give his men uniforms.

I do not agree on the RGB slider, for realistic reasons : colors at these times were limited by the variety of natural pigments. And, by the way, not every color was the same price, as not every method or material was of the same rarity.

I don’t think realism should come at the cost of player enjoyment. I do thinI making use of dyeworks and dyes could be interesting, but more options never hurt. If you want to be realistic in your play through, that’s fine. Not everyone does.

Already could do the following and have more colors thanks to

But now my character is a bit too yellow in total :p

SmoeSf4.jpg

completely agree

• change armor types (while keeping the stats) like different shields, helmets, add a tabard...

+1, although for the second part of point 3 we should just be able to make custom soldiers like "household" troops

Partially agree.
Aesthetics is one thing, but thanks to clear visual distinction it allows turning off those ugly circles floating over AI heads.
So I'd keep baner and clothes as single system, uniform for the whole army.

Instead, i'd make more clothes should use sigil colour.
So in your example robe would be red, while turban white/black as you want.
And your troops would mix and match those two colours semi-randomly (with much more background colour), so they look less unrealistically uniform.

Another nice small improvement would be allowing each clan their own sigil colour, different than their king. So you can still see which troops belong to whom on the battlefield/world map, but still can recognise faction allegiance.

And in the future maybe third and fourth colour to choose ? Trim? Two-coloured pattern for background? Complex sigil?
Maybe you start with single coloured banner, and each clan level allows making it more complex?

Another nice small improvement would be allowing each clan their own sigil colour, different than their king. So you can still see which troops belong to whom on the battlefield/world map, but still can recognise faction allegiance.

+1
And in the future maybe third and fourth colour to choose ? Trim? Two-coloured pattern for background? Complex sigil?
Maybe you start with single coloured banner, and each clan level allows making it more complex?
+1

I don't know for uniforms, but at least civilian outfits should be indemn of these banner colors. Being an empire Archon gives horrible clothes.

+1
Very interesting post.
In the old days as said the colour was a very important matter.
So for the recognition into the battle, but also as a fancy way to mark the social ranking.

- I agree with the idea of the composition and the choice of the colour for each part of the equipment.

- I agree also with the idea of a RGB or a selection of realistic colours, so each player can choose their own type of play.

- The great idea of @Zyakan to add dyers and made them cost the change of colour is simple and add a lot of realism

- I don't know if it's already in the game, but a specific place to put a tabard or surcot would be important, even for the troop. After all the king of the Vladian as his own but i would like to have a sense of recognition and unity in my troops on battle. Cause i had to take off the little button to mark the enemy and allies troop above them, obviously... :wink:

In resume that subject is also a great one to add some depth to those particular matters.

Agree with pretty much every suggestion here.

Having the option to change color schemes would be great, and being able to choose between a few different "rules". Whether it's banners only, or clothing as well as banners and shields.

As well, it would be great if we could freely change the AI Banners to personalize our campaign experience.

Making these options immersive (through dye workshops and, perhaps, Kingdom policies) would just be a bonus.

completely agree

+1

Back
Top Bottom