Snowballing?

Users who are viewing this thread

A Dev responded in another thread. After the latest patch snowballing is still an issue but is pushed back on average 2 years before conquering the while map (1092 in e1.0.4 instead on 1090 in e1.0.2). They aim to get the balance so a faction doesn't take over the world until the 1100s

Clearification about one improvment:

Clan and Party
  • After some time during a campaign, some lords were remaining without troops in their party because of financial problems and constantly being harassed by bandits. Lords now manage their finances more effectively and take troops from garrisons if they are at risk of going bankrupt. This was one reason for the snowball effect in the campaign, with kingdoms being eliminated too easily.
This was one of the main reasons of snowball efect (one kingdom ruling all world) but there are still another reasons causing this and we continue working on this to make more balanced world without decreasing number of hostile actions happening in world.

In first 1.0.0 one kingdom was ruling all world in average 1088-1089
In 1.02 average go up to 1090
In 1.04 average is now rised up to 1092

There are still problems and still we cannot guarentee one kingdom will not rule all world without player interaction however in every patch we will develop this area and soon until 1100s you will not experience this.

A Dev responded in another thread. After the latest patch snowballing is still an issue but is pushed back on average 2 years before conquering the while map (1092 in e1.0.4 instead on 1090 in e1.0.2). They aim to get the balance so a faction doesn't take over the world until the 1100s
Okey. I'm just worryin because my map is allready starting to look only 2 colored. I'm in 1086 now

Yikes.

Okey. I'm just worryin because my map is allready starting to look only 2 colored. I'm in 1086 now
Yeah sadly thats the norm for now. Once snowballing is pushed back until at least 1100 the game will be hard to enjoy. its my believe that the game should take at least 300 years for a faction to take over everything without intervention from the player. hopefully we get there.

Yeah sadly thats the norm for now. Once snowballing is pushed back until at least 1100 the game will be hard to enjoy. its my believe that the game should take at least 300 years for a faction to take over everything without intervention from the player. hopefully we get there.

300 years? I'm a new player so please explain how many days are in a year in this game world? How many in game years do veteran players usually get to?

300 years? I'm a new player so please explain how many days are in a year in this game world? How many in game years do veteran players usually get to?
84 Days = 1 in game year. However on release (somewhat implemented now) there is a family system where you can have kids and have your first character die and the game will continue with your kids. Keep in find that I'm suggesting 300 years for ONE Faction to COMPLETELY take over the map without ANY player intervention. With player intervention you could vastly reduce that time for your faction. if this were the case you would not feel rushed at all and take your time. Factions would still die and become powerful but one wont dominate the whole world 5-10 years in

84 Days = 1 in game year. However on release (somewhat implemented now) there is a family system where you can have kids and have your first character die and the game will continue with your kids. Keep in find that I'm suggesting 300 year for ONE Faction to COMPLETELY take over the map without ANY player intervention. With player intervention you could vastly reduce that time for your faction. if this were the case you would not feel rushed at all and take your time. faction would still die and become powerful but one wont dominate the whole world 5-10 year in

Yea i agree it needs to be balanced out so that you could have several generations before the map is conquered to make it feel more realistic and immersive. What happened in Warband? Did factions ever snowball

I have a feeling this will have to be saved by modders after the modding tools are out.
Much of what is being done now will be extensively overhauled by modders.

Right now this game looks like it may have been seriously overambitious, beyond the talent of the team that tried to develop it.

Yea i agree it needs to be balanced out so that you could have several generations before the map is conquered to make it feel more realistic and immersive. What happened in Warband? Did factions ever snowball
It did but not even close to this bad. By the time it got bad the player was ready to intervene even if they took their sweet ass time to level. In all my time playing Warband I never saw one faction control the whole map, not even me. 40 hours into Bannerlord ive seen it 3 times.

The most I'd seen was a couple mods where a coalition virtually controlled the map and even then the disadvantaged factions were holding out in a few castles and backwater towns

It did but not even close to this bad. By the time it got bad the player was ready to intervene even if they took their sweet ass time to level. In all my time playing Warband I never saw one faction control the whole map, not even me. 40 hours into Bannerlord ive seen it 3 times.

And that's just it, this never happened before in any Native or Warband mod I played.

It happened to me, but only in a mod I'd messed with myself, which I'm a very notice modder so you can imagine the quality of work, and then only after the player has had a good long chance to gain strength and combat the problem

Making stable world is not hard. We just close defections, decrease sieges, make garrisons huge and give ai extra money to feed his garrison then its easy to make game stable. However it is not entertaining and it is not player-like ai playing. In every game you should see map is dynamic and take you in different direction. Of course one faction controlling all map is not something we also want to see. However we do not want to see stable world also. Currently AI is acting just like you same rules are applied everywhere. It makes no cheat. They pay their troops just like you they collect recruit from villages just like you, they suffer from raids, their economy get damaged after raids. There are lots of actions happening. There is starving effect on garrison sizes caused by raided villages also. All these mechanics make controlling snowball effect harder. It is also because we are currently at Early Access and development continues. Day by day game will be better and balanced.

You can see results in next patch I hope if it passes tests.

Last edited:
A bit concerning that the devs want the map to be painted by 1100. What’s the point of having children if the game is over after 20 years?

Back
Top Bottom