Poll: Community Dedicated Servers

Should we have player owned dedicated servers?

• Yes

Votes: 286 98.3%
  • No

Votes: 5 1.7%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

I can see why they don't want community servers right now- but this game is riding off it's great success at the moment. People stay around when there are familiar faces and organized events (and they tell their friends who are on the fence). That's how the warband community continues even til today.

They're working on letting us have community servers, they've said we will get them when EA is finished which is ETA 1 year, but the devs have said they plan to implement it earlier than that, how earlier we'll just have to wait and see.

We are aware that private servers are a highly requested feature, and we will do what we can to provide the server files as soon as we can. But, unfortunately, we are not at that stage yet, and most likely won't be until closer to the full-release.

We are aware that private servers are a highly requested feature, and we will do what we can to provide the server files as soon as we can. But, unfortunately, we are not at that stage yet, and most likely won't be until closer to the full-release.
Damn that's a real shame.

More than a shame, if it takes that long....MP is going to be dead before it even gets rolling. Once it spikes again, the number will be much lower than those you could have captured with an actual MP experience. I was extremely surprised with the lack of options upon this launch.

The MP will be dead argument is pretty short sighted, the community isn't going anywhere especially with mod support. Not to forget there is so many other games right now to get your multiplay in.

The MP will be dead argument is pretty short sighted, the community isn't going anywhere especially with mod support. Not to forget there is so many other games right now to get your multiplay in.

You hit the nail on the head, "especially with good mod support." Which they are saying won't come out until EA is done which will be the end of this year from the comments I've seen .....I think we would see much more enthusiasm if people could make maps, sooner.

Is there a way we can pay you directly to rent a server you host, we could ask you settings and its all set.

Letting players host their own servers and mod the game would give plenty of design inputs that you people desperately need.

Last edited:
Communities are the backbone of mount & blade multiplayer.
I mean the old clans will stay until the end as they are still investing in warband mostly but I fear for the influx of new players right now being discouraged and leaving the MP.

Remember Star Wars Battlefront II (EA).
At first the Multiplayer was really bad and so many people left the game. It took more than a year until they fixed it which is good for the small percentage of players who stayed but a real shame because of all the potential the game has lost.

Bannerlord has the most potential for multiplayer in 2020! Change my mind.

I like SP a lot. However, it desperately needs more content. It honestly seems quests and dialog were added at the last second with all bits of voice acting being scattered and NPCs saying "this is a generic backstory".

People playing SP are going to be done with it soon and move to other games. Unless the full release changes the game enough to draw those players you won't see another spike in players like you had on the 30th.

Honestly I don't get why this game was released in EA at all. Generally it's meant to get feedback on something you think is (mostly) done. But as far as I can see TaleWorlds themselves are aware of what is currently lacking and does not need the community to point that out for them.

Back
Top Bottom