Users who are viewing this thread

How does a feature that doesn't affect your gameplay but affects mine is relevant to you? If you don't want it, fine, but why reply to a thread where people are saying they want it unless you are trying to aggravate other users?
Multiplayer users are all being facetious, what they REALLY don't want is a MP autoblock hack, that ruins their fun. They are literally telling you "screw you I got mine", that's how much they care about your experience. Their response has universally been "git gud scrub". Shame.

Maybe let's dial down on the personal attacks here a bit? The topic is not who's good or bad at the game, but the lack of an actual accessibility option for people who might not have the opportunity to "just learn to block". Accessibility means more players, more players means a longer lifespan for the game, hell, maybe even more mods. It's still better than just a bunch of people who know each other on discord complaining how CASULS CANT GAME LIEK US AND GAVE UP ON OUR MAJESTIC GAME

Like I said countless times, if you're young, healthy and normal, it's no problem using reflexes to block. If you're old, handicapped or anything (even just constantly stressed and on the brink of a mental breakdown), it might not be so simple as "just learning to block."

It's pretty revealing looking around these forums and seeing the amount of people who are trying to feed their own egos with unhelpful jabs whenever anyone raises a potential issue with the game. Automatic blocking isn't a feature I particularly care to use, but it was present in the previous game and players are completely justified in wanting to have it back or not understanding why it's gone. Posting something along the lines of 'learn to block haha' is about as useful as posting 'buy a new computer' whenever someone reports a bug or memory leak.

Is it gon'na affect me if they add (or don't add) automatic blocking? No, not really. But that doesn't mean I'm under any obligation to roll into a thread and look down at anyone who wants it added back in. Basically, grow up.

Maybe let's dial down on the personal attacks here a bit? The topic is not who's good or bad at the game, but the lack of an actual accessibility option for people who might not have the opportunity to "just learn to block". Accessibility means more players, more players means a longer lifespan for the game, hell, maybe even more mods. It's still better than just a bunch of people who know each other on discord complaining how CASULS CANT GAME LIEK US AND GAVE UP ON OUR MAJESTIC GAME

Like I said countless times, if you're young, healthy and normal, it's no problem using reflexes to block. If you're old, handicapped or anything (even just constantly stressed and on the brink of a mental breakdown), it might not be so simple as "just learning to block."

Not to mention some of us have played Mount & Blade for the past 8+ years and enjoyed it WITH autoblock and never even dabbled in MP and we just want the same feature back.

PS: assinatura porreira bacano.

I'm not old-old,but I am 40 and I know for a fact that my eyesight is fading. I probably still have the reflexes to block... if I could consistently see the attack coming. One of the things that fades as you get older is your ability to visually track things. As someone who was recently young, this is something you take for granted until the moment it goes away.

Bottom line, movement sometimes catches me by surprise these days even when I'm looking right at it. And this really comes back to bite me hard in trying to use directional blocking because I can't track the preattack cues in time to correctly select my block.

maybe even more mods.
Every MP player here is utlimately worried about a MP autoblock hack, I guarantee it. They wouldn't say it like that though, instead they're just trying to play coy and tell you to "learn the game" as if autoblock wasn't in every MB title already. I would be interested to see their skills and abilities however, if any of them can show me proof of them using the block system without dodge strafing and showing off how "capable" they got with skill and practice, I would be genuinely impressed. And this would be the STANDARD for EVERYONE.

Unlike your Signature
That makes no sense but okay bro. I think TW should add autoblock for SP but if possible learn to manual block it makes the game more enjoyable!

Every MP player here is utlimately worried about a MP autoblock hack, I guarantee it. They wouldn't say it like that though, instead they're just trying to play coy and tell you to "learn the game" as if autoblock wasn't in every MB title already. I would be interested to see their skills and abilities however, if any of them can show me proof of them using the block system without dodge strafing and showing off how "capable" they got with skill and practice, I would be genuinely impressed. And this would be the STANDARD for EVERYONE.
Most autoblock cheaters in MP still got destroyed because they're bad at the game!

As for someone with disabilities that is an argument I can get behind and understand as to why Autoblock would be re implemented. As for the majority of you though, there is no good solid argument I have seen that contributes as to how autoblock helps/makes you better etc.

Already stated about this. The people still being malicious are the majority that refuse to even try and learn and expect to be catered too. Which in my opinion is not how games are meant to be played.

Only like two people actually put in good input as to why it is coming back which is disabilities and such, but other than that is irrelevant.

@DEM1L1CH mp is not suited for a competitive atmosphere at all. So idk where you got that from. I have said several times I don't think it's good for the game to be hand held.But if it's for people that literally cannot because of being on the spectrum or handicapped this conversation is already over.

Wana know something really stupid?

I bet that even if they don't bring back autoblock an autoblock hack will eventually be developed. We're talking about a hack here, it doesn't have to be in the singleplayer game to be forced into the multiplayer code. Esepecially if automatic blocking was ever in Bannerlord at all.

Which being a Mount and Blade game, in an 8 year development cycle, I would bet my bottom dollar it was in there in some form.

So really what these MP snobs want, the horse is probably already out of the barn.

Wana know something really stupid?

I bet that even if they don't bring back autoblock an autoblock hack will eventually be developed. We're talking about a hack here, it doesn't have to be in the singleplayer game to be forced into the multiplayer code. Esepecially if automatic blocking was ever in Bannerlord at all.

Which being a Mount and Blade game, in an 8 year development cycle, I would bet my bottom dollar it was in there in some form.

So really what these MP snobs want, the horse is probably already out of the barn.
Pretty sure the Warband autoblock hacks where far more effective than base autoblock

Oh it wouldn't surprise me, but the fact that autoblock is probably somewhere in the Bannerlord code, even if it isn't active, makes it so that autoblock hacks are not only inevitable but easy, and blocking conventional autoblock won't prevent those hacks in the sightest.

That makes no sense but okay bro

It makes sense if you have a sense of humor.

Most autoblock cheaters in MP still got destroyed because they're bad at the game!

Unlike you, which is why you'll post a video of you taking on the first two Trainer NPCs without a shield or dodge strafing to show how awesome you are

The people still being malicious are the majority that refuse to even try and learn and expect to be catered too.

Sorry but this is projection. People are simply asking for what has been in every game beforehand. If there was a critical feature in MP that was in every MB title beforehand, but was missing from BL, you wouldn't see SP players all calling you entitled for wanting it. You're just being petty and childish man. That's just the truth.

Not to mention some of us have played Mount & Blade for the past 8+ years and enjoyed it WITH autoblock and never even dabbled in MP and we just want the same feature back.

PS: assinatura porreira bacano.
In my first post here, some 7 pages ago, I said precisely that: been playing since 2008 with autoblock. Once or twice over the last decade I felt a bit sad that I can't block. Still, don't care about MP, Warband has been my favorite game of all time for over a decade. I am having fun with manual blocking now, yay for me, does that mean everyone else should do the same? No.

PS: pra caralho, mano; velha, mas ouro. Molto grato, mi amico.

I'm not old-old,but I am 40 and I know for a fact that my eyesight is fading. I probably still have the reflexes to block... if I could consistently see the attack coming. One of the things that fades as you get older is your ability to visually track things. As someone who was recently young, this is something you take for granted until the moment it goes away.
Bottom line, movement sometimes catches me by surprise these days even when I'm looking right at it. And this really comes back to bite me hard in trying to use directional blocking because I can't track the preattack cues in time to correctly select my block.
I am 30 now, and I feel the difference from when I was 19 playing M&B. I can still flex my stuff quite well when I want to. Thing is: I don't want to most of the time. Age does come with some problems, and since most forumers here seem to be young and normal, they don't relate to, or even consider, the side of someone who might have said problems. That's why the option to turn it on or off is so important. So that everyone can enjoy the game as they want to, instead of being held to a particular standard. Especially those considering blocking to Multiplayer. No one is even saying anything about MP, yet they scream that us casuls might go into MP, cry to the devs and ruin their GIT GUD standard playground.

It makes sense if you have a sense of humor.

Unlike you, which is why you'll post a video of you taking on the first two Trainer NPCs without a shield or dodge strafing to show how awesome you are

Sorry but this is projection. People are simply asking for what has been in every game beforehand. If there was a critical feature in MP that was in every MB title beforehand, but was missing from BL, you wouldn't see SP players all calling you entitled for wanting it. You're just being petty and childish man. That's just the truth.
I think there's something wrong with your definition of humor!

Back
Top Bottom