Resolved Constant stuttering

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello guys

I´ve been having constant performance issues, in particular a horrible stuttering that makes the game unplayable. Even though my PC isn´t a beast, I don´t think my specs are the problem since i can run The Witcher 3 on almost max settings at 60 fps. I´ve seen some posts on Reddit of some people having the same problem although I haven´t found a fix. Would like to know if there´s any way to fix it or if we just have to wait for the game to be patched.

Thank you in advance

Enable the FPS counter under Steam settings and next time you're dead (spectating) in a big battle check what the numbers are like in those intense moments (FPS tends to be lowest when in the middle of a large clash).

Pay attention to the max sounds setting as having that at 256 or 128 can reduce stuttering with good FPS. Dynamic shadows is another big one that can cause a wide swing of performance, I've been using 256 sounds and Static shadows for that reason.

Enable the FPS counter under Steam settings and next time you're dead (spectating) in a big battle check what the numbers are like in those intense moments (FPS tends to be lowest when in the middle of a large clash).

Pay attention to the max sounds setting as having that at 256 or 128 can reduce stuttering with good FPS. Dynamic shadows is another big one that can cause a wide swing of performance, I've been using 256 sounds and Static shadows for that reason.
For what is Shadow Filtering, do you use it?

Currently the game is a massive memory hog. On my aging system, I'm able to run Witcher 3 smoothly on ultra settings, and Doom Eternal works fabulously too, but Bannerord was bringing my computer to its knees until I upgraded my memory from 8gb to 16gb DDR3. Runs fine now. People with SSD's seem to not suffer from this, but if you have an HDD I don't think 8gb of memory will be anywhere near enough to run this game.

Hi, I have a 6600k overclocked to 4.5ghz and a RTX 2070 and also experienced severe stuttering in large player battles when I was fighting intense battles.

Changing from "borderless fullscreen" to "Fullscreen" solved my issue to somewhat playable along with ragdoll count to 0 + static shadows.

Last edited:
We have worked to improve our server stability and performance, lobby issue and fixed a lot of them in the past. If you still experience these issues in the latest version of the game please let us know. Marking this thread as resolved for now.

Back
Top Bottom