Users who are viewing this thread

The amount of groveling on here for a missing feature is hilarious. Do what the bad multiplayer players like me do and use a shield. Learn your place. Also some of these posts are super cringe. This is niche game and it’s not going to hold your hand. Bunch of liberal cry babies.
.... that is so spiteful

a little thought to the modders that will have to complete the work of the devs for free.

that’s shameful that taleworlds doesn’t care about their least experienced customers.

Mount & Blade: Bannerlord
Enabled? Yes.
Affected the multiplayer community? Not really.

I used auto-blocking in single player and it wasn't something that made me droop my head in disgust at myself. When I went in to a multiplayer game and had to manual block, I didn't necessarily throw my hands up in the air screaming "Why did I use such a filthy system of the game to not achieve maximum potential!?" I shrugged my shoulders, got on with it and learnt as I went.

Know what I did when I went back to single player? I manually blocked. Lolkekjokes I turned on auto-block again. I'm here to just have a bit of fun before I go to bed, go to work and then eat a bowl of cereal contemplating on what to watch on youtube. All this nonsense people have in their heads about disallowing it to be back in a particular part of the game shouldn't give - pardon my french - a damnedest doodle droodle on what any other players want.

EDIT

We've had this debate in a different to a lengthy extent already.
Not everyone wants to play SP for it be a super challenge and some of your fellow players have disabilities that hampers their experience dramatically without this feature.
The approach to talk down to anyone that wants it and just tell them to get better is ignorant and simply misses the point of an entirely optional feature being added, which by the way would in Singleplayer not affect anyone else.

+1

As long as the game is balanced around manual blocking I couldn't care less if people wanna stroll through the game in SP. If, however, item stats change and are balanced around auto-block then that'd suck.

a little thought to the modders that will have to complete the work of the devs for free.

that’s shameful that taleworlds doesn’t care about their least experienced customers.
I think they will bring it back :smile:

also I don't think it would be easy for modders to bring in this feture ... it would depend on wheter it's implemented and just turned off (I'd suspect tha wouldn't be the case) or is it's not - if it's not then it would be extremely hard to get it in because it would mean hacking the engine an trying to code it into it ... such a thing wouldn't be unprecedented but unlikely

I am seeing people saying that autoblocking negates the disadvantages of using a 2h, but that's not true. The mechanics of autoblocking is that when you hold down the block button it primes a block in the direction of an incoming attack, that's all. With a shield you can just right click and hold and block everything, including missiles. With a 2h, you still need to prime the block at the right time to block an attack, you just don't need to specify the block direction, meanwhile you are still vulnerable to attacks from other directions as well as vulnerable to missiles.

As long as the game is balanced around manual blocking I couldn't care less if people wanna stroll through the game in SP. If, however, item stats change and are balanced around auto-block then that'd suck.

Why would it suck? Are you forced to enable auto-block?

Why do so many people care at all how others play a single player game? I literally can't understand this.

Right, autoblocking is far from infallible, and if you get the timing wrong you still get hit. I wasn't a great fighter even WITH autoblock, which is one of the reasons I'm struggling so badly without it,

Why would it suck? Are you forced to enable auto-block?

Why do so many people care at all how others play a single player game? I literally can't understand this.
There's a mentality among a hardcore minority that singleplayer is or should be an extended tutorial for multiplayer. Look through the posts of everyone opposed to autoblock and you will see "MP" or "multiplayer" somewhere in their posts.

This is the bottom line for those people. They don't want autoblock in singleplayer because it negates hours of their work learning directional blocking for multiplayer. Because singleplayer should be primarily about preparing players for multiplayer and in these peoples' minds, multiplayer is the core feature of the game.

I may be wrong but Taleworlds has always had a big problem with cheaters online and having a feature like autoblock, built into the game, makes it even easier for people to implement it online.

There's a mentality among a hardcore minority that singleplayer is or should be an extended tutorial for multiplayer. Look through the posts of everyone opposed to autoblock and you will see "MP" or "multiplayer" somewhere in their posts.

This is the bottom line for those people. They don't want autoblock in singleplayer because it negates hours of their work learning directional blocking for multiplayer. Because singleplayer should be primarily about preparing players for multiplayer and in these peoples' minds, multiplayer is the core feature of the game.

Which is crazy, because M&B isn't famous for a competitive multiplayer scene (or even a particularly large one), it's famous for the expansive single player campaigns and absolutely insane single player mods.

But there is something around very small niche multiplayer scenes I've seen time and again - a ridiculous level of elitism. Yes, you might be one of the best 100 players in the world, but when there's only a few thousand active players, it's not that impressive - get over yourself.

Would really like to see a video of anyone in the training grounds and consistantly blocking with a 2h against the very first ai guy you can duel. Not kiting around and running out of range to dodge swings, but literally blocking a stream of attacks

Would really like to see a video of anyone in the training grounds and consistantly blocking with a 2h against the very first ai guy you can duel. Not kiting around and running out of range to dodge swings, but literally blocking a stream of attacks

Honestly and even if somebody can do that doesn't mean I want to do that. I don't care about 'gitting gud', that's just *not fun* for me and a lot of other people.

I may be wrong but Taleworlds has always had a big problem with cheaters online and having a feature like autoblock, built into the game, makes it even easier for people to implement it online.
That's true, but look at the numbers. We have tens to hundreds of thousands of singleplayer users and maybe as much as 500 concurrent multiplayer users. Players are voting with their feet and for the incredible majority of them, well over 99%, multiplayer is not the single dominant focus of the game for them.

So forcing hundreds of thousands in the single player userbase to make an adjustment to the playstyle solely for the tiny minority who play multiplayer just makes no economic sense to TaleWorlds whatsoever.

Honestly and even if somebody can do that doesn't mean I want to do that. I don't care about 'gitting gud', that's just *not fun* for me and a lot of other people.

We should ask Danate to impress us with another one of his legendary videos, this time in the Training Arena with the first two trainer NPCS without a shield, but he's not allowed to dodge strafe, he has to stand still,and show us his legendarily L337 skill at blocking and show us scrubs how its done. I want to learn from the best.

That's true, but look at the numbers. We have tens to hundreds of thousands of singleplayer users and maybe as much as 500 concurrent multiplayer users. Players are voting with their feet and for the incredible majority of them, well over 99%, multiplayer is not the single dominant focus of the game for them.

So forcing hundreds of thousands in the single player userbase to make an adjustment to the playstyle solely for the tiny minority who play multiplayer just makes no economic sense to TaleWorlds whatsoever.

I wonder, if there was a feature missing from MP that SP users don't use, would SP users tell the MP users to "deal with it"? What I'm seeing here is that there is a feature missing from SP, that the MP users are telling SP users to get over, and I THINK what's actually happening, is that Auto-Block being allowed, would lead to a MP hack that makes MP harder, and the MP players are actually subtly telling the SP players like us, that they don't want to have THEIR experience be any harder, so they want us to suffer. Who knows? Definitely seeing a lot of "screw you I got mine" from them, instead of all of us wanting MB to be what it used to be, they are happy because this change benefits them alone. Very telling

Back
Top Bottom