A (semi) complete list of all cut content I could find in the files

Users who are viewing this thread

Very interesting, especially the info on the companions.

Stuff like that makes me think they made a bad choice in wanting Bannerlord to be a 'generational' game where your character is supposed to have an heir the necessitates generating lords and companions. Who wants to play in a world with randomly generated NPCs when the custom made ones are so much more interesting. And it will be pretty easy to notice that generic companions use the same set of backstories as well.
Yeah it's like they want to make it look like there is more content but really it's a lazy shortcut. They don't have to write a story or create an actual character this way lol. And now I have to worry about raising a family. :roll:

I´m not sure "cut content" is the term you want to be using. I´d imagine a lot of this stuff is being worked on rather than being cut.

Stuff like that makes me think they made a bad choice

It's biting off more than you can chew. Someone should have been there to say "No, this is too much and hurts the basic loop". We wanted Warband 2. We needed everything Warband did right, we don't have that. We didn't need new things that hurt what made Warband great. That's part of what we have.

It's biting off more than you can chew. Someone should have been there to say "No, this is too much and hurts the basic loop". We wanted Warband 2. We needed everything Warband did right, we don't have that. We didn't need new things that hurt what made Warband great. That's part of what we have.
Yep I wanted updated Warband. Now it's Crusader Cucks.

Hopefully they patch that stuff into the game again. Is there any roadmap for the early access?
No, which is the problem, it's extremely hard to know what's going to actually be in the game.
I´m not sure "cut content" is the term you want to be using. I´d imagine a lot of this stuff is being worked on rather than being cut.
I elaborate on what that means in the first paragraph. It's cut out of the game, it is literally as cut content as cut content will be, even if it's going to be readded.

Why are people so anal about aging? Nothing bad about that.
As long as aging rate is a setting, you can play multi-generational games or not.

As for companion. As long as there are a few custom ones or at least player-made ones (WITH APPEARANCE TOO, DAMN YOU) I don't see much of an issue. Even the "generic" backstories are not an issue if they are tied with a quest or two.
The only difference then becomes the random appearance. Besides, as far as I can see, there's enough different backstories that you can't have them all at once in your party anyway, so it even works for multi-generation play.

I like the aging system personally, but yeah hopefully a lot of these features will be in down the road.

Why are people so anal about aging? Nothing bad about that.
As long as aging rate is a setting, you can play multi-generational games or not.

As for companion. As long as there are a few custom ones or at least player-made ones (WITH APPEARANCE TOO, DAMN YOU) I don't see much of an issue. Even the "generic" backstories are not an issue if they are tied with a quest or two.
The only difference then becomes the random appearance. Besides, as far as I can see, there's enough different backstories that you can't have them all at once in your party anyway, so it even works for multi-generation play.
It was never a limit or consequence in previous Mount & Blade titles. As someone stated above, it's become more like Crusader Kings. Which is fine if you like that game. I'm here for an improved Warband. Warband never made me die of old age. It allows players to explore the world at their own pace, develop relationships with the persistent characters, and leaves a lot less to worry about.

I'm not interested in raising a family. This game should be able to played like all the other Mount and Blade titles, if the player desires.

so why the game feels really empty and why it took them so long is because they were making stuff but then decided to cut it.....
nice
i am worried that this stuff will be sold as DLC which i hope is not the case
it seems some of the stuff is coming such as all of the stuff marked as TODO
However they may add some of these during the EA period if not then this is really pathetic

The aging system is perfect, as long as the pace of the game and the passage of time is slowed down.

As for the cut content, the game has incredible potential, I hope they fully realize it. And put the sexism and slavery back, it's ridiculous to have it cut out from the game.

There definitely IS sexism in the game lore -- that's the whole deal with Rhagaea. There's a civil war because she's a foreign-born woman. Ira straight up says that she'd be accepted by the Senate new ruler if she weren't a woman (which may or may not be true, but that's her argument for the throne). Most women don't let armies. It would make sense if there were laws related to it, especially because you would think Rhagaea/Ira would be trying to change those laws while most other factions would be trying to keep those laws.

The difference, I guess, is whether player characters are penalized for it like in previous M&B titles. That's a harder call to make. I think what would make sense is making it an optional setting -- possibly on by default, but capable of being turned off if it is your preference to have all player characters treated the same. That would work.

Back
Top Bottom