How do you increase your health/HP?

Users who are viewing this thread

There does not seem to be any way to increase your HP. I'm at level 10 and my HP hasn't changed at all, it's just a constant 100. I thought maybe it would increase automatically when you level up, but that does not seem to be the case. Additionally, it makes the health perks pretty worthless if your HP is a fixed constant value. Am I missing something here?

There does not seem to be any way to increase your HP. I'm at level 10 and my HP hasn't changed at all, it's just a constant 100. I thought maybe it would increase automatically when you level up, but that does not seem to be the case. Additionally, it makes the health perks pretty worthless if your HP is a fixed constant value. Am I missing something here?
There's certain perks you can choose to increase hp. I think each vigor Stat has atleast one and medicine also has one, they are very early to get too

Yes there are perks that will give you more HP. Tier one medicine gives you +10, and Tier one perk of one-handed and two-handed will give you +3%, although I do not know if this is multplicative or additive, or if it is from the base HP or your current XP.

Yeah, and this is sad.

NPCs are already too tanky, almost every NPC has same high HP level, no matter if it is a Cataphract or ordinary Peasant.
I loved how different it was in Warband, weak units were more vulnerable and how you could increase your HP each level.

For me it is another change in direction of more action, less RPG.

NPCs are already too tanky, almost every NPC has same high HP level, no matter if it is a Cataphract or ordinary Peasant.
I loved how different it was in Warband, weak units were more vulnerable and how you could increase your HP each level.

For me it is another change in direction of more action, less RPG.

The over reliance on HP is a problem, armor should grant protection not massive pools of HP.

People get better at fighting, they don't get better at taking throwing spears to the face, no one should be able to do that - end of discussion.

Every person should have the same HP with very little variance.

I think you are overexaggerating a bit here. There are four perks that are easy to obtain bringing you up to 119 HP, which is about the same as picking Ironflesh, or what it was called in Warband, six times. There might be more, although I have not seen any perks.
There also might be some perks that reduce the damage taken, which is just like a HP increase. This does make armour tendencially more important and armour piercing, probably weapon types, too. So you could argue that this means more RPG and not less.
Tanks should indeed rely on armour, while low armour troops should rely on not getting hit. That is kind of authentic.

The over reliance on HP is a problem, armor should grant protection not massive pools of HP.

People get better at fighting, they don't get better at taking throwing spears to the face, no one should be able to do that - end of discussion.

Every person should have the same HP with very little variance.
Simple question for you. Have you ever played Warband?
Did you even read my post that you quote?

In Warband even if you gained HP each level along with perk "Ironflesh" it took a tremendous amount of time to benefit from it - like survive one hit more. "Massive pools of HP" was never a Warband problem, so I doubt that you have ever played it if you say something like this.

The funniest thing is that in Warband people were generally much weaker along with you, so skill and armor mattered more. Now in Bannerlord NPCs are much more tanky than in previous titles, and can survive a few cuts no problem. And of top of that, almost every unit shares the same high HP pool. No matter if it is young, strong big battanian, or really old, weak grandpa.

"End of discussion" - I love those kinds of definitive statements...
Maybe in your own head, pal.
Maybe in your own head.

The discussion continues. As always.

I think you are overexaggerating a bit here. There are four perks that are easy to obtain bringing you up to 119 HP, which is about the same as picking Ironflesh, or what it was called in Warband, six times. There might be more, although I have not seen any perks.
There also might be some perks that reduce the damage taken, which is just like a HP increase. This does make armour tendencially more important and armour piercing, probably weapon types, too. So you could argue that this means more RPG and not less.
Tanks should indeed rely on armour, while low armour troops should rely on not getting hit. That is kind of authentic.
The problem in Bannerlord is that you need sacrifice dmg to gain HP or the other way around.

Last edited:

In Warband even if you gained HP each level along with perk "Ironflesh" it took tremanous amont of time to benefit from it - like survive one hit more. "Massive pools of HP" was never Warband problem, and I doubt that you have ever played if you say something like this.

The funniest thing is that in Warband people were generally much weaker along with you, so skill and armor mattered more. Now in Bannerlord NPCs are much more tanky than in previous title, and can survive a few cuts no problem. And of top of that, almost every unit shares the same high HP pool. No matter if it is young, strong big battanian, or really old, weak grandpa.

the main thing is though that this is not warband, this is bannerlord, the systems just works differently.
get better armor and weapons and its amazing how even the toughest troops die in 2-3 hits while you can survive a lot longer. in this game gear is much more important.
the ai does not have a lot of HP it just has good gear.

Currently the maximum HP is 119, with a negligible difference in hits to kill, while armor also feels like it has the case of being paper thin if you get hit by some of the higher tier options in the game, or a sea raider javelin flies towards you, slamming and stumbling you for 67 damage.

I would propose lowering the amount of total HP we had, increasing the effectiveness of armor, and allowing our perks to increase our health further, so the higher tier troops would have a notable difference in durability versus your bog-standard peasant.

Base HP in my eyes should start around 60, and with the suite of perks that probably all need buffs and reworks, we should end up around 119 so that early-game enemies and our own troops are susceptible to the reality that eating a sword to the face is lethal, but our end-game troops don't get one-dinged by a Rhomphalia when they clearly have a very, very nice and shiny helmet protecting their head and shoulders.

Armor should also especially be decreasing the effectiveness of our really sharp objects flying at us at high speeds and there needs to be more reason for me to be grabbing my blunt weapons or my stabby weapons to defeat armor.

But you cannot survive looters with rocks !
:lol:

Haha yeah! Looters are vicious as hell. :grin:

the main thing is though that this is not warband, this is bannerlord,

Yes, and I said very clearly why I think Warband did this better.

the main thing is though that this is not warband, this is bannerlord, the systems just works differently.
get better armor and weapons and its amazing how even the toughest troops die in 2-3 hits while you can survive a lot longer. in this game gear is much more important.
the ai does not have a lot of HP it just has good gear.

You assumed, probably that I have in my game crappy weapons and armor. No, friend, I have decent gear right now, I'm playing on realistic difficulty and I see the problem from the very beginning to its very end.

Currently the maximum HP is 119, with a negligible difference in hits to kill, while armor also feels like it has the case of being paper thin if you get hit by some of the higher tier options in the game, or a sea raider javelin flies towards you, slamming and stumbling you for 67 damage.

I would propose lowering the amount of total HP we had, increasing the effectiveness of armor, and allowing our perks to increase our health further, so the higher tier troops would have a notable difference in durability versus your bog-standard peasant.

Base HP in my eyes should start around 60, and with the suite of perks that probably all need buffs and reworks, we should end up around 119 so that early-game enemies and our own troops are susceptible to the reality that eating a sword to the face is lethal, but our end-game troops don't get one-dinged by a Rhomphalia when they clearly have a very, very nice and shiny helmet protecting their head and shoulders.

Armor should also especially be decreasing the effectiveness of our really sharp objects flying at us at high speeds and there needs to be more reason for me to be grabbing my blunt weapons or my stabby weapons to defeat armor.

Exactly! God bless you. I would love to see that change in the game, but I doubt TW will ever do that. It would force them to rebalance everything in the game. I think it is a big challenge.
But we can dream. :/

Last edited:
Haha yeah! Looters are vicious as hell. :grin:

Yes, and I said very clearly why I think Warband did this better.

You assumed, probably that I have in my game crappy weapons and armor. No, friend, I have decent gear right now, I'm playing on realistic difficulty and I see the problem from the very beginning to its very end.

Exactly! God bless you. I would love to see that change in the game, but I doubt TW will ever do that. It would force them to rebalance everything in the game. I think it is a big challenge.
But we can dream. :/

Funnily enough, as much as it's being parroted right now, it IS early access and they DID say certain aspects would be too hard and be overtuned or undertuned. These fixes aren't gonna happen overnight, but it can be remedied.

considering the fact that most of the armors/weapons are still locked behind the multiplayer only bug it would be save to assume you are playing with crappy weapons/armors like most people, download the mod that unlocks all items, than you will not have crappy weapons/armors, you will see the difference than.

The weapon skill perks to increase HP by 3% seem very underwhelming. Many of the perks seem that way, though.

Maybe a revamp of the Perk system will help alleviate some of this.

What a stupid statement DiD yOu EVeN PlAy WaRBAnD.

Yes, I've played Warband, even when it was in alpha, we are not playing Warband are we? So it is now irrelevant.

I'm fully aware of how Warband works, perhaps we should rollback the rendering engine too? Or better yet, maybe you should just go play Warband if you want Bannerlord to be a carbon copy?

In Warband even if you gained HP each level along with perk "Ironflesh" it took a tremendous amount of time to benefit from it - like survive one hit more.

It was still a stupid system.

"Massive pools of HP" was never a Warband problem, so I doubt that you have ever played it if you say something like this.

We. Are. Playing. Bannerlord. Not. Warband.

There is no reason to say "Bannerlord can be no better than Warband", also you're wrong - I routinely saw people often times SHIRTLESS chasing me down with arrows stuck in their chest or face.

The funniest thing is that in Warband people were generally much weaker along with you, so skill and armor mattered more. Now in Bannerlord NPCs are much more tanky than in previous titles, and can survive a few cuts no problem. And of top of that, almost every unit shares the same high HP pool. No matter if it is young, strong big battanian, or really old, weak grandpa.

Please explain to me how it logically makes any sense to gain HP by leveling up, what practical way of training do you have to get more ability to take arrows to the face or chest?

"End of discussion" - I love those kinds of definitive statements...
Maybe in your own head, pal.
Maybe in your own head.

The discussion continues. As always.

No the discussion is over because I have no reason to keep arguing with someone who can't even argue about how an idea makes sense, they just go, bUt iT wAs iN wArBaND. Bannerlord shouldn't be limited to Warband, it should be the best it can be.

You must've taken a few arrows to the face yourself, that or you haven't allowed yourself to get any smarter since warband, I guess growth and development just aren't your thing?

Yeah, as I thought... you just want to reply me at all cost, without even trying to read or understand my previous post.
Answers for all of your questions, you can find in my previous post and ZincAzN post.

And by WriTIng LIke THIs you assuring me in thinking that it was not/it's not worth to discuss with you anymore, at all. That's an immature kids talk and I find it silly and a bit pathetic.

No the discussion is over because I have no reason to keep arguing with someone who can't even argue about how an idea makes sense, they just go, bUt iT wAs iN wArBaND. Bannerlord shouldn't be limited to Warband, it should be the best it can be.

Then if its over for you, why the hell do you even bother to reply me in this lame manner? Be a man of word and just quit talking.
Maybe you should show some balls and not continue this as you said previously, but I think it was just "big talk" for whatever reason that you have in your funny head.

But there is one thing you were right. The discussion with you is over.
The discussion with other continues.

considering the fact that most of the armors/weapons are still locked behind the multiplayer only bug it would be save to assume you are playing with crappy weapons/armors like most people, download the mod that unlocks all items, than you will not have crappy weapons/armors, you will see the difference than.
Even if that is true, then I have still decent heavy imperial armor, and great two-handed sabre.
Charging on the horse in full speed and slashing peasant straight on the head -> he still manages to survive -> it is really silly to me.

Funnily enough, as much as it's being parroted right now, it IS early access and they DID say certain aspects would be too hard and be overtuned or undertuned. These fixes aren't gonna happen overnight, but it can be remedied.
Sure thing. :smile:

Last edited:
Charging on the horse in full speed and slashing peasant straight on the head -> he still manages to survive -> it is really silly to me.
i will concede that that is idiotic.
still they made 200 extra items available, i hope that helps you out as much as the mod helped me out (note to self, disable the mod now)

I think only by adding points up in vigor and certain skills gave you a choice between more HP or deal more damage with that type of weapon. Also medicine I think has some things to do with it.

Yeah, as I thought... you just want to reply me at all cost, without even trying to read or understand my previous post.
I have thoroughly debunked every single one of your arguments. Tactics is a simulatory skill, one that is an RPG mechanic, not an action RPG one, I also destroyed your core premise that "autoresolving inherentlly equals less fun" in it's entirety. You suffer from an inflated ego, likely a result of your deep insecurities.

Answers for all of your questions, you can find in my previous post and ZincAzN post.
Translation: "I don't have an argument, and I'm not going to make one, I'm just going to do some hand waving"

And by WriTIng LIke THIs you assuring me in thinking that it was not/it's not worth to discuss with you anymore, at all. That's an immature kids talk and I find it silly and a bit pathetic.

Broken English from a broken individual, if you can't handle light mockery then maybe you shouldn't be online, or at the very least you shouldn't be such an easy target.

Then if its over for you, why the hell do you even bother to reply me in this lame manner? Be a man of word and just quit talking.
I know you'd like me to stop humiliating you, but that's not going to happen. Continue at your own peril.

Maybe you should show some balls and not continue this as you said previously, but I think it was just "big talk" for whatever reason that you have in your funny head.
Ah yes, the mark of a man with no testicles is to attack the masculinity of every man around him, due to his deep seated insecurities he lashes out at every one else.

Like I said is no longer a discussion, this is now an educational exercise for you, you're learning humility, decency, and when to admit you're wrong. You could've just said "Hey, I'm sorry I should've read the description of the skill, and I understand my opinion is not law and I should show some humility" and you would've been let go.

But there is one thing you were right. The discussion with you is over.
The discussion with other continues.
There was never a discussion here, it was over before it started, you've had your head up your own ass since the get go, you had no desire to think critically.

Please go back to stroking your own ego.

Back
Top Bottom